forum

Anime North 2015

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Haneii
I like the pink osu! pin. The "attendee" doesn't feel necessary (already says AN2015), but it doesn't really bother me. If you do remove it, maybe it can be replaced with the username (so two in total along the outer circle). The 2015 looks like it just blended in/merged with the outer circler, rather than it being cut off (same colour).

Avatar bg gives it even more of a personal touch, but because most avatars are temporary, I think once you've changed your avatar the pin won't be as special as when you first got it :(

Awesome job you're doing Kaetwo, thank you ^_^
Nyquill
looks cool :o
Girl
Those pins look amazing :)
kaetwo
Here's a more generalized approach based on what I'm hearing from you guys. Also, I just enlarged the second one, and since I'm not working with vectors, the quality is crap.

Edit: I was also playing around with drop shadows and I thought this little touch was pretty cool.
Navizel

Kaetwo wrote:

this is better imo.
Maji
tbh, I don't think the idea of having usernames on the pin is a good idea because there is the possibility of noshows and people who did not post on this thread coming to the meetup(s). 2015 getting cut off throws me off.
kaetwo

Bok Choi wrote:

tbh, I don't think the idea of having usernames on the pin is a good idea because there is the possibility of noshows and people who did not post on this thread coming to the meetup(s). 2015 getting cut off throws me off.
I'll align the 2015, and see how it goes. I'll have the standard osu!AN2015 button printed in bulk quantity, but I have friends who work at the printing service, so I'm giving the option to have individualized buttons because it's just as cheap. I'm able to get them at a discount, so I'm thinking you guys have the option to:
  1. Have individualized buttons (meaning your name and optional avatar as the background even though it may be just overkill, but it's your button)
  2. Have zero to one (or two depending on how much I order) standard osu!AN2015 buttons (even if you requested an individual button because I may have extra stock leftover so have some freebies. but wait, they're all freebies and this covers the possibility of unlisted meetup attendees)
I'm also thinking, we might have to do a meetup a couple days before AN starts to receive your buttons (probably would be more organized that way), and any other discussion that may be needed.
Kitsunemimi
I really like the buttons and I think it's a cool idea (I especially prefer the custom buttons with names), but this...

Kaetwo wrote:

I'm also thinking, we might have to do a meetup a couple days before AN starts to receive your buttons (probably would be more organized that way), and any other discussion that may be needed.
I kind of think this is going beyond the scope of the event. Like, I suppose it wouldn't be too difficult, for me at least, but a number of international people might not be able to meet, and also it spoils the idea of meeting everyone together at the actual event itself.
And of course, everyone would have to go out of their way to meet up (and before you decide that people can gather up as their please at their own convenience, this would mean that some people would sacrifice an opportunity to meet with people a week beforehand and imo this can carry over to the con itself and it tends to turn into a negative experience and asfjsiodfjhuoaaagghhh).

It may seem like a lot of trouble, but I personally think the simplest way to do this is to just bring around the buttons with you, or leave them with whoever happens to be at Sheraton at any time, so people can come pick them up when they can as they're already at the venue. Additionally, bringing them to pre-reg on Thursday would probably also be a really good idea.
YTYuyu
yea i'm with mimi in this. if you can make it on Thursday for the pre-reg, we can give some of it, but like he said, it really spoils the surprise of meeting other people and that there are people outside of Canada attending.

however i'd disagree with the meeting up a couple days before the con. i like the idea but some of us might be busy at that time, and my concern is that some of us might not make it because we might be too lazy, don't bother coming and wait till the con starts in the weekend, and again--we might be busy.
kaetwo
Okay, true true. I guess I'm excited to meet new people like off-the-get-go :D
blissfulyoshi
Well regardless, I'm going to have to at least hunt 1 person down on Friday xD (assuming I am not completely sleep deprived from doing a midnight flight to Chicago, waiting 2 hours at the airport, and then take the connecting flight to Toronto... all for the sake of saving about $100...).
captin1
i mentioned earlier that i'm driving from chicago, so if you want to save the cash from the second flight you could catch a ride with me
blissfulyoshi
Well I booked the whole thing as a package, so I can't exactly save on the 2nd flight (or even reschdule). Thanks for the offer though captin.
Topic Starter
Haneii
YTYuyu
damn at this rate it might be gone by mid February, if not earlier. i don't have to worry since my registration went through last Monday \o/
Azer
even more excited now

- Jonathanlfj, May 2014

Scanline
Was there a meet up for osu players last year?
Or is this brand new?
Anyways, I'm going again this year, it was my first time last year and I enjoyed the con so much. It will be cool to see some of the higher ranked guys and gals this year.
Navizel
There was
p/2903378/
Scanline

Navizel wrote:

There was
p/2903378/
Ahh man too bad I don't pay enough attention to the forums :(
Flandre-
I'm going again this year so you can add me to the list thing
Flandre-
Also just a suggestion, but we may want to plan the meetups better than we did last year lol, I remember being in a panic last year because I couldn't find anyone and didn't have any service to check my messages.. so I almost missed the meetup. Maybe this year we could set a more specific place and wait 10-15min for people to get there if they happen to be running late. (just a suggestion!)
Topic Starter
Haneii

Flandredevil9 wrote:

Maybe this year we could set a more specific place and wait 10-15min for people to get there if they happen to be running late. (just a suggestion!)
Noted.

Any other suggestions/feedback from last year, anyone? It was pretty hectic and it seems that this year we'll get even more people!

Do you guys still feel that Sheraton is an okay/big enough place to have meetups?
Volkke
Bought my tickets already. I am going!
Pawsu
ahh, you misread my post, I said "I wish I could come. ;~;" I didn't mean that I was going lol, remove me off D:
although I realyl do wish I could come :ccccc
Topic Starter
Haneii

CanadianPaws wrote:

ahh, you misread my post, I said "I wish I could come. ;~;" I didn't mean that I was going lol, remove me off D:
although I realyl do wish I could come :ccccc

LOL, well it wasn't me. Guess one of the mods REALLY wants you there ;)
Contralyss
I'm probably going! As in 90% yes. (hi Haneii)
Yoshi_green
I'll be coming too :D I should be rather easy to spot, just look for an asian guy wearing green.

oh and @Kaetwo, do you mind giving me a png of the new osu! logo? I can't find it for the life of me ;w;

As for communications, I suggest an app called WhatsApp. It's a free messaging app for iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, etc. and it allows people to text without having to pay for SMS (for international people too), and you can send quick audio/video messages and images, it's pretty convenient.

Not sure how viable this is, but Haneii agreed with me that this is a good idea. Any thoughts on this?

---

where's Yoda D:

Giralda crossplay again plz
blissfulyoshi
tbh, I would rather not use WhatsApp because I don't want to install it xD (if ppl want to use it, fine, I'll install it). I just feel it does nothing better than what the other companies provide (Google and Microsoft/Skype).
Topic Starter
Haneii

blissfulyoshi wrote:

I just feel it does nothing better than what the other companies provide (Google and Microsoft/Skype).
I'm not so sure about that. It could be my iPhone, but Skype is not reliable when it comes to messages (for me). Sometimes I get notifications instantly...and sometimes I get them hours later orz. I've never tried WhatsApp but I've only heard good things about it (from friends nagging me to get it over the years XD I'd always just forget about it). I'd like to hear more opinions from others (on WhatsApp or any of the other platforms suggested so far).

Thanks for the suggestion Yoshi_green!

KEEP THE SUGGESTIONS/COMMENTS/OPINIONS COMING PEOPLE!

Contralyss wrote:

I'm probably going! As in 90% yes. (hi Haneii)
(Hi Contralyss :oops: )
blissfulyoshi
I guess I live in the most Google centered universe her, since most of my friends would just Google hangouts on our phones to talk (including the iPhone user). Besides that, facebook messenger worked fine when I was forced to use it with another group of friends (admittedly, one person still had a dumb phone, so that was a bit annoying)

Edit: While not very important, Whatsapp pc integration looks lackluster. In case someone wanted to communicate to anyone through the pc because they brought a laptop.
kaetwo
@Yoshi - https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/50 ... NmqiSi.png

We could try using Whatsapp, as long as there's group chat. But nowadays, everything has group chat.
Shiro-
Wow can i go to the meetup without a AN pass? Short on money this time :c
Yoshi_green

Kaetwo wrote:

@Yoshi - https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/50 ... NmqiSi.png
Thanks! \o

Shiro- wrote:

We'll be most likely meeting in the Sheraton, which doesn't require a pass, but you'll be missing out on the merchandise and all that (wow, paying money to pay more money??)
Shiro-

Yoshi_green wrote:

Shiro- wrote:

We'll be most likely meeting in the Sheraton, which doesn't require a pass, but you'll be missing out on the merchandise and all that (wow, paying money to pay more money??)

I wanna buy things but moneyzzzzzzz. Since i can go to the meetup without a ticket ill probably show up then. Maybe I'll persuade my parents to buy me a ticket this week :P. Well see ;D
YTYuyu

Flandredevil9 wrote:

i'm guessing your sister will be with you as always right? o.o
Syus_old
I may come ><
Topic Starter
Haneii

Syus wrote:

I may come ><
yay!

You better not ditch us for league :U

Come to meet and I'll glomp love you forever

Azer wrote:

even more excited now

- Jonathanlfj, May 2014

Promised artwork. Secret to becoming pro.
Zerostarry

Haneii wrote:

Syus wrote:

I may come ><
yay!

You better not ditch us for league :U

Come to meet and I'll glomp love you forever
i'll love you more! :P
Flandre-

Byakugan249 wrote:

Flandredevil9 wrote:

i'm guessing your sister will be with you as always right? o.o
Yeah she will most likely be there this year as well
Kairi
I'm not sure if I could attend anymore so take me off the list..
show more