forum

Anime North 2015

posted
Total Posts
show more
YTYuyu
I bet you that they're gonna be gone by the end of the month if this keeps up :( also I remember last year. Weekend passes were gone a few days before the last day for registering via regular mail
Azer
Add my name to the attendance list, but as lfj said there are strong chances I will be there as a staff member and not a regular attendee, so I may not be able to attend events on certain times. I'll confirm eventually when the situation on my end is 100% cleared up.
It's pretty much likely that I'll be going to it as staff but what isn't likely is the presence of an osu! station
Topic Starter
Haneii
Multiple meets throughout the weekend?

@Azer: Will you be working the entire day, everyday? When are your breaks and what time are you off at the end of the day (or let me know when you get the info ^_^).
kaetwo

Haneii wrote:

Multiple meets throughout the weekend?
Why not? We have 3 days to chill and most of us are pretty local, things can happen after too.
Topic Starter
Haneii
Glow in the dark osu! pins/hit circles and meet at the outdoor rave Friday!
Lytessill

Azer wrote:

what isn't likely is the presence of an osu! station

Osu! Station? Like a place for me to play Osu!? AT A CON? I will be praying for this :D :P
kaetwo

Lytessill wrote:

Azer wrote:

what isn't likely is the presence of an osu! station

Osu! Station? Like a place for me to play Osu!? AT A CON? I will be praying for this :D :P
If not, we can do a byoc thing, and hopefully hotel internet isn't shitty.
Navizel
Parents still haven't given me monies for the con. rip

I really want to go to Saturday instead of Sunday this time.
Lytessill
Is anyone going to be there on Thursday? Is there interest in a small meet up Thursday night? I decided I didn't want to be late on Friday like I was last year. :P
banger_old_1
I don't know about a meetup but I plan on going on thursday to pick up badges (under the assumption that there's gonna be a huge line on friday)
Kitsunemimi

Lytessill wrote:

Is anyone going to be there on Thursday? Is there interest in a small meet up Thursday night? I decided I didn't want to be late on Friday like I was last year. :P
I might have time to go on Thursday this time but to be completely honest I think it's a bit early to be thinking about meetings on Thursday right now.
Zerostarry
I will be there for sure on Thursday to pick up my badge early! Probably won't be in cosplay though

I don't want to make a separate thread for this but if anyone goes to UofT St.George or Ryerson University, or lives in that general area and wants to come to rhythm game events, PM me. We have Sound Voltex, pop'n music and IIDX controllers.
blissfulyoshi

Haneii wrote:

Kaetwo: Do they offer glow in the dark pins?
YTYuyu

Lytessill wrote:

I'm going on Thursday but like Mimi said, its still too early to mention this
kaetwo

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Haneii wrote:

Kaetwo: Do they offer glow in the dark pins?
Don't think so, but I can see, if not I can put a GITD clear coat on them.
Edit: If you want individual ones with your usernames on them, that can happen too, just PM me. Otherwise, I think it'll just be the standard osu! logo and it's glow in the dark for maximum rave efficiency.
Jintai
Hey, i'm coming 100%. sign me up for attendance list :)
Temp Temp
I'll be going for sure, looking forward to seeing you guys there ^^
Kibbleru
ill be there too. i think pkk is also going.

ill be staying with my aunt in burlington and pkk lives in Mississauga... (lucky him)
Callum
I'll be attending

I'm also pretty sure Layne is coming too, I'll check with him later
pkk
Mississauga representttttttttttt ayy lmao
Kairi
Put me in!
Topic Starter
Haneii
30+ osu! players and still 4 more months left until the con :O. An osu! station would be great.

Also, 1000 weekend passes in 3 days...

Anime North wrote:

As of Jan 21, there are only 4,000 Weekend/Group admissions left for sale.

GET YOUR PASSES SOON PEOPLE!

Kaetwo wrote:

Otherwise, I think it'll just be the standard osu! logo and it's glow in the dark for maximum rave efficiency.
Let me know if I can help in anyway!

Finally, thanks for updating the OP (going to assume it's captin1!). I had a long day at work + still have to finish packing to go to an anime con tomorrow.
YTYuyu
i had a feeling it'd go quickly. i just hope mine will get processed this week or next week since i registered via regular mail.
MethClass
Add me to the list il be there :)
Skyhmer
Finally, A chance to meet people who also click circles
Add me to that list! Ill be there for all 3 days.

Also, is there anyway people can assist with the meetup?
blissfulyoshi

Gleipnir wrote:

Also, is there anyway people can assist with the meetup?
I have been sadly a bit busy/lazy, but here is the list of things that we should resolve regarding the meetup:

osu! station confirmation/denying (this is pretty much fully dependent on Azer, so no point in trying to help here)
Meal meetups (where/when? and how many ppl can we accomodate? 50 ppl will be a lot)
Other Meetups?
Design for osu! pin for Kaetwo (probably going to be a hitcircle, but I want to ask around the thread)

Other things I was thinking about:

Backup plan for computer situations (after last year's experience with the BYOC station, I really hope we can do better.)
Hotel List (Who is staying in what hotel? This will make it eaiser to plan other meetups.

That is everything I can think of, but feel free to start new topics or tell me about topics that I missed.
Kitsunemimi
For the record, and this is probably obvious to some people but not for others, we're probably going to have to get creative with the dinner meetups this year. Not only are large reservations not practical, but reservations in general are usually ineffective at cons like AN. I'd sit down and plan something out if I wasn't so busy, but alas.
We could split everything up into a bunch of small groups but I kind of want to avoid that since it makes everything disconnected

Well if nobody else has any ideas I'll probably think of something eventually, but for now I'm just throwing this out there.
FlamingRok

Kitsunemimi wrote:

For the record, and this is probably obvious to some people but not for others, we're probably going to have to get creative with the dinner meetups this year. Not only are large reservations not practical, but reservations in general are usually ineffective at cons like AN. I'd sit down and plan something out if I wasn't so busy, but alas.
Last year, we had a lawn dinner, where we ordered the food, and ate outside onto the grass. It was relaxing, and it worked, though I don't know if we'd be willing to do that again or not.
blissfulyoshi
Oops forgot to add 1 thing earlier

Communication (preferrably faster than just having everyone post on the forums)

But yeah, dinner is probably going to have to be on a lawn or something to get 30+ ppl (I am still predicting 50)
Admittedly, that is for Saturday where we have everyone. There seems to be fewer people on Friday, so if we want to do a meetup on Friday as well, we should get a headcount and see if a sit down is possible.
YTYuyu
yea i agree. with this many people attending, my best bet would be a lawn dinner like last year on Saturday. the problem is idk who will be paying for all of us. Last year it was Yoda who paid for all of us so idk about this year unless he will be willing to do it again and pay for everyone, and if he'll be there or not
Pawsu
I wanna come. ;~;
Girl
Likely going.
FlamingRok

Byakugan249 wrote:

Last year it was Yoda who paid for all of us so idk about this year unless he will be willing to do it again and pay for everyone, and if he'll be there or not
I think I also remember us chipping in some cash for the food, but yeah he did pay the majority. Maybe we can try and split the bill slightly evenly this time.
Topic Starter
Haneii

blissfulyoshi wrote:

I have been sadly a bit busy/lazy, but here is the list of things that we should resolve regarding the meetup:

Meal meetups (where/when? and how many ppl can we accomodate? 50 ppl will be a lot)
If the weather permits it, we can have a picnic. Everyone can grab their own food beforehand and come to the meetup. We can find a nice large area (that hopefully isn't being used for a cosplay group photoshoot) to place down some blankets (wouldn't want to get dirt or grass stains on our cosplay!). Just a suggestion.

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Other Meetups?
I don't see why not? I'd also like to see people at dances or large events like AN Idol.

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Design for osu! pin for Kaetwo (probably going to be a hitcircle, but I want to ask around the thread)
I'd suggest the osu! circle logo first. Although, additional hitcircle pins would be awesome! Why isn't that a thing yet?
@Kaetwo - What do you need design or financial wise?

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Backup plan for computer situations (after last year's experience with the BYOC station, I really hope we can do better.)
What happened last year? Isn't it free play for all of Friday and Sat/Sun in the late afternoon/evening (After the LoL and starcraft tourneys - or w/e they're doing these years)?

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Communication (preferrably faster than just having everyone post on the forums)
A Twitter for quick live updates?
Exchange phone numbers with people you really want to meetup with from the forums (pm them)
Topic Starter
Haneii
Sorry for the double post~

Just wanted to mention that at the con I went to over the weekend, two people were arrested for carrying fake weapons outside the convention centre. Toronto bylaws might be different from Ottawa/Gatineau, but its something to keep in mind. Try not to carry them in the open if you're not at or near the convention.

News article: http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-new ... convention
FlamingRok

Haneii wrote:

@Kaetwo - What do you need design or financial wise?
I wonder this too. I can easily chip in cash to pay for multiple people, though I cannot help design wise (sorry!).
kaetwo
@Haneii & FlamingRok - well, design wise, I want input whether you guys want your own individual buttons or not (such as having your username on it). I'm going to put the osu! logo on it, but if anyone else has input, feel free to tell me. I'll be ordering them in March, so the deadline is March 10th. Not so much on financial wise. I can pay for it.

Also, Haneii, Toronto's a bit different. Again, better safe to change into your garb in the convention especially if you're wearing military style clothing and bringing fake weapons. Get your weapons checked first thing once you enter the convention.

Communication - Should we exchange skype first, and we'll discuss in a skype group?
NoScreename
I could literally just buy tickets to Anime North and just take buses there, buuut I need money, and I also need that money to buy a new computer. Wtf am I supposed to do?
kaetwo

NoScreename wrote:

I could literally just buy tickets to Anime North and just take buses there, buuut I need money, and I also need that money to buy a new computer. Wtf am I supposed to do?
not buy a new computer and go to anime north.
those
As of 5 hours ago, there are less than 3000 Weekend/Group admissions left.
show more