forum

Anime North 2015

posted
Total Posts
show more
Giralda

Kaetwo wrote:

i'm from markham. wow byakugan, you just take the 401 then and youre all set.
I'm pretty close myself. I'm from around the Warden/Sheppard area heh
blissfulyoshi
Since it was a little hard last year to find/recognize osu! players without actually having a direct meetup first, I was thinking that we could make large osu! stickers or modify pins to have the osu! logo to recognize each other. Admittedly, not everyone has access to adhesive paper or pins, so just wondering if anyone else has any better suggestions. If needed, I can print extra and distribute them if you find me.

(Then again, this year, I plan to wear the extremely loud and unique Love Live! shirts, so I am sure it won't be that hard to find me xD)
Justykanna

Giralda wrote:

Kaetwo wrote:

i'm from markham. wow byakugan, you just take the 401 then and youre all set.
I'm pretty close myself. I'm from around the Warden/Sheppard area heh
Also from Markham. Warden/16th. So AN isn't terribly far. =)
Giralda

jonathanlfj wrote:

@Giralda: crossplay again plz

Byakugan249 wrote:

jonathanlfj wrote:

YodaSnipe wrote:

jonathanlfj wrote:

Yoshi_green wrote:

jonathanlfj wrote:

captin1 wrote:

jonathanlfj wrote:

brb moving to canada

LunarSakuya wrote:

jonathanlfj wrote:

Not sure if you guys remember this from last year's thread..though I really shouldn't be giving any ideas.
asdf
captin1
DO ITTTTT
blissfulyoshi

jonathanlfj wrote:

jonathanlfj
YTYuyu

jonathanlfj wrote:

kaetwo

Justykanna wrote:

Also from Markham. Warden/16th. So AN isn't terribly far. =)
Kennedy/Hwy 7 here.
Kitsunemimi
:V
Posting to keep track of this thread more easily.

...I was hoping to stealth my way this year without showing up in this thread but... =w=
Flanster
What I woulnd't give to attend one of these but plop, too far away.
Guess I'll be waiting on those photos after :3
Triskelion91
I'll probably attend this year again. I never went to the meetup last year though, maybe I should this year. :?
YTYuyu

Triskelion91 wrote:

I'll probably attend this year again. I never went to the meetup last year though, maybe I should this year. :?
orz you should :(
NTRSOUND
Ill be around if anybody cares. I have a room at the sheraton
Topic Starter
Haneii

jonathanlfj wrote:

blissfulyoshi wrote:

thinking that we could make large osu! stickers or modify pins to have the osu! logo to recognize each other. Admittedly, not everyone has access to adhesive paper or pins, so just wondering if anyone else has any better suggestions. If needed, I can print extra and distribute them if you find me.
Stickers and pins sound good. I can make some as well.

Crunchyroll wrote:

"2014 was another successful year for North America's top anime conventions with general growth among that major events"
Ten Largest North American Anime Conventions of 2014
I knew AN would make the list, but Otakuthon was a surprise.

Also, to the person(s) keeping the attendance list updated, thank you.
kaetwo

Haneii wrote:

blissfulyoshi wrote:

thinking that we could make large osu! stickers or modify pins to have the osu! logo to recognize each other. Admittedly, not everyone has access to adhesive paper or pins, so just wondering if anyone else has any better suggestions. If needed, I can print extra and distribute them if you find me.
Stickers and pins sound good. I can make some as well.
I can supply some as well. I found a pretty cheap local printing service for buttons, stickers and magnets. So if you guys decide on wanting one, you can reply here and/or PM me.
We can have 2" in diameter and they cost about $2-ish, so I wouldn't mind paying for them, free of charge for you guys on me basically.
blissfulyoshi

Haneii wrote:

Crunchyroll wrote:

"2014 was another successful year for North America's top anime conventions with general growth among that major events"
Ten Largest North American Anime Conventions of 2014
I knew AN would make the list, but Otakuthon was a surprise.
After everyone complaining that last year's AX was way too crowded, I am not too surprised it took #1 xD.

Kaetwo wrote:

I can supply some as well. I found a pretty cheap local printing service for buttons, stickers and magnets. So if you guys decide on wanting one, you can reply here and/or PM me.
We can have 2" in diameter and they cost about $2-ish, so I wouldn't mind paying for them, free of charge for you guys on me basically.
I guess let's organize this then. We have some time before the con. How much time would they need to make an order or like 30-40? (I'm willing to chip in for the cost)

Also, was thinking about making a large Google Hangout to keep everyone connected during the con, but I am not sure if this will work for everyone.
YTYuyu
we'll see what happens about the hangout. also when would be a good time to explain dinner, because last year was unorganized and i'm concerned about this year :(
jonathanlfj
NOTE: NOT CONFIRMED YET, JUST SPECULATIONS

Azer said it is likely that he will be attending AN as a staff member of the rhythm games section, so there is possibility of an osu! booth this year. If this actually happens then we can simply meet at the booth.

Nyquill have plans to contact peppy about AN, and you can imagine the possibilities there :3
kaetwo

blissfulyoshi wrote:

I guess let's organize this then. We have some time before the con. How much time would they need to make an order or like 30-40? (I'm willing to chip in for the cost)
Earlier the better.
It's cheaper by the bulk, and it takes usually about a week's worth of business days for most orders.
banger_old_1
Yea, as nice as pizza on the grass in front of Boston Pizza was, it'd be great to have a plan for dinner
Giralda

Cethin wrote:

Yea, as nice as pizza on the grass in front of Boston Pizza was, it'd be great to have a plan for dinner
Oh the difficulties of getting a reservation for around 20+ people in a restaurant during Anime North
blissfulyoshi

Giralda wrote:

Oh the difficulties of getting a reservation for around 20+ people in a restaurant during Anime North
If the trend continues, we will be at around 50 ppl this year, so getting a large group reservation is probably going to be impossible, unless we can leave the general con area. Personally, I recommend, we either set up multiple dinner times or just do a giant meeting on the grass again.
captin1

Haneii wrote:

Also, to the person(s) keeping the attendance list updated, thank you.
i gotchu

I can chip in for any pin madness as well. also hype on the potential osu! booth

I don't think I'm too particular on how the meetup goes, it'll just be cool to be able to meet and chat with people in person for me, especially since it's such a long haul to get there
FlamingRok
Maybe this time I'll actually stick around for the entire time. It sucked having to leave earlier.

Also yeah, pins would probably be a go on my end as well.
Maji
banger_old_1
Apparently the Swiss Chalet was empty around lunch time (I think it was 1 or 2 pm?)
those
If anyone's interested in cube draft for yugioh I can bring that
banger_old_1
If you bring cards I'd be down to play
Nyquill
oh boy the cube
captin1
i think i still have my yugioh cards from middle school LOL
Ironsoul27
might be planning to go this year :D
YTYuyu
well~ 5k weekend passes to go and still no confirmation form for me ><. might get it this week or next week before it runs out orz
Topic Starter
Haneii

Anime North wrote:

As of Jan 18, there are only 5,000 Weekend/Group admissions left for sale.

Byakugan249 wrote:

well~ 5k weekend passes to go and still no confirmation form for me ><. might get it this week or next week before it runs out orz
Good luck, Byaku. 5k left in the first month of sales...

Last year it took at least 3 months if not more @_@. I hope everyone has bought/planning to buy their pass soon.
YTYuyu
I bet you that they're gonna be gone by the end of the month if this keeps up :( also I remember last year. Weekend passes were gone a few days before the last day for registering via regular mail
Azer
Add my name to the attendance list, but as lfj said there are strong chances I will be there as a staff member and not a regular attendee, so I may not be able to attend events on certain times. I'll confirm eventually when the situation on my end is 100% cleared up.
It's pretty much likely that I'll be going to it as staff but what isn't likely is the presence of an osu! station
Topic Starter
Haneii
Multiple meets throughout the weekend?

@Azer: Will you be working the entire day, everyday? When are your breaks and what time are you off at the end of the day (or let me know when you get the info ^_^).
kaetwo

Haneii wrote:

Multiple meets throughout the weekend?
Why not? We have 3 days to chill and most of us are pretty local, things can happen after too.
Topic Starter
Haneii
Glow in the dark osu! pins/hit circles and meet at the outdoor rave Friday!
Lytessill

Azer wrote:

what isn't likely is the presence of an osu! station

Osu! Station? Like a place for me to play Osu!? AT A CON? I will be praying for this :D :P
show more