The 'Reserved Beatmap and Progress' Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
GuardianHX

GuardianHX wrote:

My list:

Finished:

Phenomenon - Thousand Foot Krutch. (10%)

Ichirin no Hana ~Huge Hollow Mix~ - HIGH and MIGHTY Color.
(DONE)

Invasion of the Gabber Robots - Little Men on Mars.
(DONE!)

Coming Soon:
Rockman_EXE_Stream_-_Doobee Doowop Communication (Getting BPM)
^THAT song is funky. It's sung in 4 different languages. Official Rockman EXE Stream END Music Video included.^

Stalled:

Lucky Star Remix - REDALiCE. (20%)
Updated my list.
Doobee Doowop Communication is going to be such a blast to do. That song is so retarded, yet SO catchy and epic.
4 languages + Rockman EXE End Credits FTW!
Homestarrunner
updated my list as well
Cecilthemos
Kharl. I love you, you HAVE to include the video for Theme of Love.
Also, I'm reserving
The Decisive Battle (FFVI)
And Liberi Fatali (FFVIII) both by Nobuo Uematsu
I'll get started as soon as I can get the bpms right.
MaxwellDemon
I am reserving these following songs... though I doubt there is a need since my choices are odd to say the least. :P

kukui - Hikari no Rasenritsu
Yukari Tamura - Little Wish
ALI Project - Seishoujo Ryouiki (I know someone made this already, but as it was not ranked and it is dead... it's okay that I give my shot on it, yeah?)
Avril Lavigne - Complicated
eufonius - Megumeru

By the way, can we have some sort of official list in the front list (if too much work, us users should follow a system where we cross out the song we are done :P) to show what songs are really reserved? And like... is there something of a time limit that if no sound had been made from the user regarding reserving songs, the song becomes free for other to map? :/

EDIT: Cecil wanted to do TERRA - Hana Ranman XD
awp
It's physically possible to have two versions of a song afaik
Cecilthemos
Thanks Maxwell, so my current list is:
The Decisive Battle
Liberi Fatali (Both Nobuo)
Flowers (Or whatever the real title is)- Terra
and I'm adding 1/2 from Rurouni Kenshin to the list
ZZT the Fifth
Reserving:

They Might Be Giants - Istanbul (not Constantinople)
Gilrad
If you're going to reserve that song, I'm going to have to require you attach the Tiny Toons video that went along with it.

EDIT - I guess while I'm at it I might as well reserve Particle Man
ZZT the Fifth
Since it's the holiday season...

Reserving:

Chicago - You're the Inspiration

I just know making the special phrase marker at the end is going to be the death of me.
Kharl
人として軸がぶれている (Hito to Shite Jiku ga Burete iru - Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei OP) is now in my To Do list. But I will make sure to finish all of my current WIP maps before working on this one.
Surge_old
Tranoid
Gold Rush
Yabis Starlight
Ghostbusters (IIDX Ver.)
Grid Knight

Tranoid and GR are done, Yabis is timed. All have video.
Gunzil
Sambomaster - Hikari no Rock (~33% done on hard mode)

Damn, this song is SSAY on steroids, get ready for a super duper hard map @_@

I'm also working on Yoshiki Fukuyama- Makka na Chikai. And yes, I'm including the video.
Cecilthemos
Since Gunzil's doing the new Sambomaster single, I should do Tegami- King of Soul mix by them as well.
And I'm reserving "Go Mario Go" by Ambasadors of Funk Feat. D.J. Mario.
Headbang
reserving Minna no Peace by afromania
Olinad
I don't think any of you will be interested in mapping these songs, but I'll write them :D

Vanilla Sky - Umbrella (Rihanna Cover)
Cindy Lauper - Girls just wanna have fun (Rayman Raving Rabbids Remix)
Elisa - Qualcosa che non c'è (Italian Singer and Song... You're gonna try something new :D)

And then I'd like to map other Italian songs, but I don't think you'll be able to map them before me :D
Tapdancingmetroid
Reserving
Chicago - 25 or 6 to 4. :D
Phrygian
I'm new to beatmap making, but I've been trying to make a beatmap for...

Bump of Chicken - Karma (Tales of the Abyss Opening)

I'm not experienced, and I'm slow, so I don't mind if someone else makes one too, just thought I'd let people know.
I am, however, somewhat experienced with Ouendan... (SSAY Hidden S, 12 100s.) ;)
I have a pretty good knowledge of rhythms and time, so I'm trying to make something more interesting from a rhythmic point of view... So far, it's mostly timed and I have up to the chorus done.
[deleted user]
I'm going to Goofy Goober Rock from the Spongebob Squarepants movie
and also maybe Basket Case from Green Day.
GuardianHX
Reserved:
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (Done, still fixing some errors)
SKillet - Falling inside the Black (20%)
flyboy87
Okay, I dropped KitaSaitama2000, the Go-Go mode (Morse code part) is also impossible listen in slow mo, making it hard to map.

I have plans to map Osu!'s first classical song. It's a song that you should know if you watch Nodame Cantabile.

Beethoven's 7th Symphony!

Oh... I'm a Beethoven freak, haha...

EDIT: Also doing Dr. Flowershirt's Canon in O2Jam.

And... I'm a classical music freak. ;_;
RadioShadow
We really need a list of what Beatmaps have been Ranked/Completed.

Plus isn't saying I'm working on 3 or more songs a bit greedy? :evil:

It's nice to have a topic reserving certain songs but a list is required saying WHAT song is that user working on.
awp

RadioShadow wrote:

We really need a list of what Beatmaps have been Ranked/Completed.

Plus isn't saying I'm working on 3 or more songs a bit greedy? :evil:

It's nice to have a topic reserving certain songs but a list is required saying WHAT song is that user working on.
That is why I put everything in my sig. I originally reserved six songs, and I'm in the process of doing that sixth one (there was a last-minute addition along the way). It's much easier than having to peruse a thread, I think.
Phrygian
I'm calling...

Shoko Nakagawa - Sorairo Days

Probably better known as the opening to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
It's going to be filled with... SPIRALS O_O

Edit: OOOOPS... didn't see it already done in the beatmaps. xD I ran a search of the boards, but it didn't come up. Apparently I'm search challenged. O_o
Sorry about that.
awp
Well, you can do a beatmap that already exists - you just better make damn sure you do a good job of it, that's all. (Otherwise, odds are, people will just refer you to the pre-existing one.)
Phrygian
That's encouraging... I had already started the map before I posted here and noticed the pre-existing one.

It doesn't look like the current one has been touched for a while, and the insane mode is pretty much a clone of hard. I'm actually quite happy with how the one I've been making has been turning out, so I guess I'll finish it and see what people think. Oh, and I'm using the opening version, the other one is full. (And 4 minutes long)
awp
Then that should be even more reasoning.
Survivor_old
My first beatmap, a hard one:

Tsuneo Imahori - Tumbling Dice [Insane] (FINISHED!)
Rip Slyme - Super Shooter (In progress)

Even though NOBODY would take on this beatmap, the beats are terribly uneven, I'm constantly having to mix 1/8 beats with 1/6 beats for a beat stream. The song is cruel on me, I'll be cruel on the players by making the hardest beatmap ever (not because beats are quick and far apart, they're not, but because it's pretty fast and constant.)

I hope it gets ranked when done...
Phrygian
I'd like to do...

Chrono Cross - Yasunori Mitsuda - Time's Scar

It's the opening theme to Chrono Cross, and I think that the great percussion in the background really lends itself to a fun beatmap, if done correctly. I'll probably make normal/hard follow the melody, while the insane map will get creative mimicking the percussion and violin bits.

One more thing, instead of repeatedly posting in this thread, should I be just editing my original post?
awp

Moogle wrote:

I'd like to do...

Chrono Cross - Yasunori Mitsuda - Time's Scar
boner

also idk do what you like but to be honest I doubt when someone wants to make a beatmap they scan this entire thread to see if anyone else has reserved it

then again I make songs basically nobody else would think of doing so it doesn't even concern me really.
Survivor_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Cecilthemos
I'm reserving the Brawl Fire Emblem Theme.
GuardianHX
I'm starting a new list, so any songs that previously haven't been labeled as finished are dropped besides ones mentioned in my list.

Finished:
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (100%)
It's done, but I'm too lazy to submit it. >_>

Reserved:
SSBB - Waluigi Pinball Remix
SSBB - King K. Rool Ship Deck Theme
SSBB - Zelda Mini Medley - Song of Storms Medley
Cecilthemos
Just started Metal Gear Solid 2 Theme
Headbang
reserving kuusou rumba.
XahXhaX
I picked Red Hot Chili Peppers - Love Rollercoaster for my first attempt, and it's nearly completed. I've done all the phrasing, and am only fixing up the last parts of layout. Then that's it unless I decide to attempt to add video. If anybody wants to test it out when I have a worthy build, I would appreciate the feedback before submitting it for distribution. PM me here.

I also just began The Breeders - Divine Hammer so I would have something else to work on when I get sick of hearing the RHCP track.
awp

XahXhaX wrote:

If anybody wants to test it out when I have a worthy build, I would appreciate the feedback before submitting it for distribution. PM me here.
If you're unsure of anything, it also wouldn't hurt to post in the Beatmap Help forum. Additionally, the purpose of the Completed Beatmaps forum isn't to say "here is my perfect, super-awesome beatmap", but more of a "here is my nth draft, please review and if necessary help me revise it", so there isn't really a need for undue caution.

However, if you'd still rather take the private distribution approach, that's your decision and we'll honour it (right?).
peppy
I wouldn't usually post here, but I'm thinking chan is going to nab this one off me so..

m-flo loves Hinouchi Emi & Ryohei & Emyli & YOSHIKA & LISA - love comes and goes
chan

peppy wrote:

m-flo loves Hinouchi Emi & Ryohei & Emyli & YOSHIKA & LISA - love comes and goes
Nice. You going to sync it to those dance moves at then end?
I would have if it weren't for the lack of english songs out there. Problem is I don't have any good english songs for beatmapping.
EVERYBODY KNOWS LOVE COMES, GOES
peppy

chan wrote:

You going to sync it to those dance moves at then end?
Would I miss such an awesome opportunity? ;)

I got the mp3 btw. And two versions of it live.
ZZT the Fifth
I want to do my own map(s?) of Can't Defeat Airman. I hope nobody minds...
show more