forum

tapX with a wacom tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
defused bomb
I just got a new Wacom Intuos CTL480 for Christmas and switched from using the osu tablet. When I was playing TapX with the osu tablet, the nibs felt very sturdy and I only had to replace the them, at the earliest, 3 weeks after putting a new one in. With the wacom tablet I felt the need to replace the nib literally about 2 hours after I started using it. the nibs wear down incredibly quickly and I couldn't see using this tablet to play if they will only last that long. However, I have noticed some players, such as Blue Dragon, playing a TapX style with the wacom tablet. Are there alternative nibs out there that are made of harder plastic that I could put in the pen and play with? If not, to all the TapX players out there, how do you guys manage to play the style and not have to replace a nib every damn day?
Gumica
try playing without the nibs or try to hover
Topic Starter
defused bomb

Gumica wrote:

try playing without the nibs or try to hover
I've been playing TapX for almost a year at this point. by now it's either I do something with the nibs or go back to my osu tablet :/ but I'll try out taking out the nib. Thanks
shuai8297
There are several different nibs available for wacom tablets, I do however not know whether they're compatible with the ....Whatever your model was. If they fit, I'd personally get the stroke nibs but it's all personal preference. (Be sure to ask customer support about compatability, their website's not very accurate)
Cylencer
I use this playstyle too, but I've never changed my nibs before, since I bought it a year ago. I can still play with the worn down nibs :o
Kwonaiden
t/272741

Try this thread.

I also play the tap style and playing fast bpm maps causes me to really "hit" my tablet. Funny thing is my nib wears badly every 2-3 months.

I've purchased 1 already so to see how it goes.
sangu
You can also try this thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/152409
Topic Starter
defused bomb
Thanks for all of the help you guys :). Glad to find more people who play this way (and are better than me)!