forum

how to improve stamina?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kasiansan
I have just come to realize that my stamina is quite poor after getting tired playing Chinese snowy dance. I have some ideas about going about it, but I guess my real question is should i play longer maps, or songs with long streams?
Noobsicle
play everything
f i z i k
stream practice maps play play play

also technique > accuracy > stamina/speed
gregest
I have stamina for the whole deathstream 1 map,and even after playing that map,my hands are still not tired.You know what I did?I played more
XgenSlayer

f i z i k wrote:

also technique > accuracy > stamina/speed
That's right, but it's the combination of all 4 of those aspects that make up an experienced osu! player. :P

Playing more is pretty much the only way to improve stamina, as I couldn't even stream 160 before but can stream 175 now after another month of playing (I know, I'm a noob xD)
D e s

Kasiansan wrote:

I have just come to realize that my stamina is quite poor after getting tired playing Chinese snowy dance. I have some ideas about going about it, but I guess my real question is should i play longer maps, or songs with long streams?
why not both

double the stamina gain
Kouya-
^ Such a cool looking avatar and sig I love it ~

Also, play this map to improve your stamina .

Streams for 5 minute straight .

dung eater
use your muscles untill you can feel your muscles
Nathan
Play more high bpm maps
Rewben2

sukiNathan wrote:

Play more high bpm maps
Wouldn't you be doing this if you wanted speed, not stamina?

Play long maps/ones without breaks and maps such as that long stream compilation.
ZenithPhantasm
Just don't get RSI like I did.
Black Wolf159
Play This : https://osu.ppy.sh/s/72474

You will get more stamina playing it, the other options are play more and gain experience, aim, speed, etc...
-sev
Play less
Yuudachi-kun

Kouya- wrote:

^ Such a cool looking avatar and sig I love it ~

Also, play this map to improve your stamina .

Streams for 5 minute straight .

Seems like it'd be good on HT.
xGx

XgenSlayer

xGx wrote:

Single tap Mendes
I swear to god that is almost impossible. I've only seen one player do it before x)
E m i

XgenSlayer wrote:

xGx wrote:

Single tap Mendes
I swear to god that is almost impossible. I've only seen one player do it before x)
I can too :^)
1. With my right hand
2. On autopilot (see 1.)
3. Using mouse buttons
XgenSlayer

[ Momiji ] wrote:

1. With my right hand
2. On autopilot (see 1.)
3. Using mouse buttons

Using mouse buttons is even harder O_O
E m i

XgenSlayer wrote:

[ Momiji ] wrote:

1. With my right hand
2. On autopilot (see 1.)
3. Using mouse buttons

Using mouse buttons is even harder O_O
I literally just tried, and when I use the keyboard I gradually lose speed. It's still pretty exhausting though. Also, why are we talking in spoilers? :?
D e s
mendes singletap? not amused

E m i
?????
GoldenWolf

XgenSlayer wrote:

I know at the very least 10 people who could do it and there are most likely much more than that, it's not as hard as you may think it is
honey

Kaienyuu wrote:

Play less
Vuelo Eluko
high density maps, play until you become conscious of every muscle contraction, and then keep going until every fiber is screaming to stop, until you cant force them to tap accurately anymore and your movements are totally locked up.

it will be really hard, but do this a few dozen times and your stamina will be golden. if you overdo it one day it may be too sore to play for 2-3 days so just take a break and think of all those new fibers and mitochondria forming that will increase your stamina when it's healed.

This method worked for me when I experimented with index/pinkie tapping for streaming. The pain was excruciating at first but it went away fast as i kept with it. Ultimately I ended up switching back because the base of my pinkie joint started to get really stiff even when not playing, so I think the pinkie is too frail to be a viable choice unless you use reds and never bottom out.