forum

Kenji Yamamoto - Brinstar Overworld

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Corrderio
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, April 04, 2010 at 5:14:54 PM

Artist: Kenji Yamamoto
Title: Brinstar Overworld
Source: Super Smash Bros. Melee
Tags: Metroid
BPM: 150
Filesize: 5077kb
Play Time: 03:26
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (1.59 stars, 170 notes)
  2. Normal (1.03 stars, 102 notes)
Download: Kenji Yamamoto - Brinstar Overworld
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Decided to try something a bit easier for my 2nd beatmap. I know it's not too difficult, however the song itself has a pretty simple rhythm to it so I don't think I could do anything tricky for it.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy this one better than my horrid Dancing Mad beatmap. (Like I said in that, if you want to try a crack at it by all means go for it.)

I can't quite confirm if Kenji Yamamoto is the artist for this version of the Brinstar Overworld theme or not, if anyone knows a site that can confirm it, let me know.

Also, please leave me some feedback. Anything will do as long as it's not a flame attempt.

UPDATE: April 4th, 2010
-Adjusted Hitsounds
LKs
just a basic modding before further modding

general

• remove .osb in portfolio

most of all maps have 4 or 5-star-diff.

remove "Super Smash Bros. Melee," from tags (all diffs)

dont write any punctuations into tags & source, please use blank

set a previous point

add some hitsounds plz

http://osu.ppy.sh/?p=faq&n=4&c=12#c12 some about Criteria for ranking.
need a lot of advances before rank . good luck
Topic Starter
Corrderio
Okay thanks. I'll get to work on it tomorrow or later tonight. I was going to add hit sounds when everything else was ready since I think that should be at the bottom of my priority list.

2 quick questions though...

1. What's a previous point? I don't recall seeing anything like that in the editor or term glossary.

2. What affects the difficulty? According to the editor Normal should be 3 stars and Hard should be 4 stars. However on the song select screen they're not even close to that.
LKs

Corrderio wrote:

1. What's a previous point? I don't recall seeing anything like that in the editor or term glossary.
sorry..i have made a mistake here. "previews point" is Correct ." current position as preview point" is the Full name

2. What affects the difficulty? According to the editor Normal should be 3 stars and Hard should be 4 stars. However on the song select screen they're not even close to that.
Just a suggestion. you know if maps have not a Challenging diff that maybe make people bored.
0_o
BPM: 150
Offset: 231

Set Beat Snap Divisor to 1/3, then click Resnap All Notes in the Timing menu. You will have to go through your map and fix up a lot of placement on the timeline after doing this, but your map will be in time.

Good luck!
Topic Starter
Corrderio
Thanks for the help guys. I'll try this more in the morning.

I'll try to think of something for the beat. Right now I can't think of a lot since the song itself is pretty simple, and I don't want to overdo sliders again.
Topic Starter
Corrderio
Wow your BPM/Offset really mad a difference. Wish I was that good at finding a good balance for it >.>
Topic Starter
Corrderio
UPDATE: April 3rd, 2010
-Adjust timing
-Adjusted Hitsounds
-Adjusted layout
-Edited Tags
-Added preview pic.
Topic Starter
Corrderio
Urgh, doing another update tomorrow. Tried a different skin and heard how off my hitsounds were.
Topic Starter
Corrderio
UPDATE: April 4th
-Ajusted Hitsounds
Topic Starter
Corrderio
Hmm still no feedback?
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.