forum

ZUN (Arr. sun3) - Higan Retour

posted
Total Posts
show more
Cyclone
sun3 is the only thing that belongs in the artist field.
Topic Starter
saymun
will change artist name and everything later tonight in 8 hours (im still at school). make sure to check by then ;)

EDIT: Fixed everything, re-rank please :D
Alace
hey
i am so kind so just fix some parts here
poor ZUN byebye~

Download: ZUN (Arr. sun3) - Higan Retour (saymun) [Alazy].osu
yaya
star
xierbaliti
Oh I was forgot my star.
arien666
Another star for nice song? :3
Good luck for re-rank XD
Ephemeral
Lunatic needs to be toned down as several BAT agree that it is far, far too difficult in its current state to justify ranking, and its score is not high enough to justify approving it either.

You can either make it a little easier or remove it from the mapset entirely. Your call. The map is fine now otherwise.
Gabi
ok seriously he toned it down a lot now, it should be rankable <_<
Cyclone
Really? Doesn't seem to be toned down at all.
Gabi
he removed almost all jumps before the first break and the spacing is much closer now. He also changed a few stuff in the second break aswell....

If you don't agree with me, then i would suggest you make a post where you tell him the places he should tone down. It wouldn't be fair if he is just going to ruin his map without knowing what he is doing.
Topic Starter
saymun
Okay i toned it down even more, removed some jumps and got rid of some streams D: and to think, this song used to be 17m points
DeathxShinigami
Unranked star.
masuo_old
star~
Jollepoker
Star.

I liked it more before you changed it though (when the artist was ZUN (Arr. sun3). Lunatic looked so much better (Yeah, looked better... Because I could not play it XD). Still sounds the same though, so it is still good. Can not stop listening to Lunatic with autoplay because it sounds god like (I think I will save the old version for that though, it looked better :3)
CheeseWarlock
Not a full mod, just dropping in to say that Lunatic seems fine to me in terms of difficulty.
yaya
bubble -> rank -> unrank -> change sth -> ignore
:lol:
Alace
they always do that
nevermind
deepsea
Oh god another unranked bitched then ignore lame.
Cyclone
Ah my deepest apologies. I had made a couple attempts to go through this, but I keep getting sidetracked, and never actually got around to it.

Somebody yell at me tomorrow to do this. I need sleep for now.
NOIR-MADLAX
nice map :)
Cyclone
Alazy:

00:53:100 (1,2,3,4,5) - http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8370 It gets to be near impossible to read.
01:27:450 (4,1,1) - Was it entirely necessary to make all of these a new combo?
01:50:700 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Completely threw me off the first 5 times I tried to play it. Too cluttered if nothing else.
02:00:150 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,3) - Also threw me off. I had thought the last three were going to be 1/4. By the way, the rules for adding new combos on spacing changes is not to be rewritten to mean new combos justify spacing changes.
02:09:900 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Similar to above

Lunatic:

I'm still not pleased with the amount of full screen jumps. It's like you're using them whenever there aren't streams just to bump up the difficulty. That said it IS better than it was before.
Alace

Cyclone wrote:

Alazy:
01:27:450 (4,1,1) - Was it entirely necessary to make all of these a new combo? YESSSSSSSS (to mark those 3/4 )
02:00:150 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,3) - Also threw me off. I had thought the last three were going to be 1/4. By the way, the rules for adding new combos on spacing changes is not to be rewritten to mean new combos justify spacing changes. (fix a bit. they don`t look like 1/4 anymore)
fixed some ugly stuffs, i am cool

Download: sun3 - Higan Retour (saymun) [Alazy].osu
Pasonia
Commentary:

Both Alazy and Lunatic suffers from the problem of "way too many jumps", and Lunatic's jumps live up to its name.

But I like the way it is now, and hence bubble. I've checked through Cyclone's modding and find no problems.
TW-KUMA01
star~
i mapping a taiko map ->80% :D

Download: sun3 - Higan Retour (saymun) [KUMA01's Taiko].osu
yeahyeahyeahhh
Too many jumps lol. This map is fun, unique, and exciting. Lets fucking baby every song on osu! so that they're all the same, boring, and shows nothing of orginality. Let's all think a map should be made 1 way. lol. Almost back ranked yay,
Cyclone
I'm going to have to completely ignore the previous post as i have too many nasty things to say in response.

Alazy:

There's a painful lack of hitsounds that I must not have mentioned before.
02:00:150 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,3) - What do you think about having this grouped like this (just look at the time line, i didn't move the notes) http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9189 In my opinion that grouping follows the music better.

Also for 01:27:450 (4,1,1) - It's just more that separate colors personally throw me off more. Unfortunately, there's no real way to distinguish that timing well in a stack. (therefore i'm not making you change it, in case you thought that's what this was)
Alace
that`s your personal feeling
so.....
No about those stuffs
deepsea
OK since mapper made their last decision.

[/28daysunranklame]

EDIT:oops
Mystearica
This is just sad.

Seriously.

So what this comes down to = maps should be made the way BATs feel like they should? So I'm taking it for granted that BATs have proven mapping expertise and therefore knows how every individual should be mapping? Well then why not just have one person make all the maps?

I think you guys need to look past certain things, this map was perfectly fine in its original state. Maybe the 17m should've just been approved alone but given its difficulty, what's the problem with ranking it? So if every map is too hard and has to be toned down then are you suggesting we all make semi-hard maps? There needs to be insane maps, and while there may be a surge recently in the number of insane maps what has been occuring with the unranking is seriously unjustified IMO. Whocares about creativity?

Not everyone thinks about one map the same way. You guys aren't the only "proven mappers" and just because you are given power you use it to make others map the way you think they should. Now how would you like it if saymun was the BAT and you guys were the regulars and he forced you to tone down your maps or change it to whatever he prefers just because he's a "BAT"?

I will not start another flame war in re: discussion with peppy, but I feel this is ridiculous. I hope you guys can look further than just difficulty/scores and think about uniqueness in maps. You might say this particular one was a bit too unique in that it was just too hard, that's fine. Now look at it from more than just one angle in the future, please.
Crazy Jay
so awesome
bug sniper
Why is this map English? This was made for a Japanese game and there are no words of any kind, especially no English words. Can someone please change the language of this song to, perhaps Other?
bug sniper
Bump because my request seems to have gone unnoticed.

Edit: Thanks, Saturos.
Natteke
SAYMUN I LOVE YOU PLS COME BACK AND MAP