thnikk's Osu! Keypads [Development]

posted
Total Posts
582
show more
Topic Starter
Thnikk

Pituophis wrote:

geez, They're already gone :/
Yep, I blinked and they're all gone. The last parts are scheduled to arrive by next Tuesday (curse you, national holidays!) so that's when I should have everything back up :)
Qenomo
What was the fix to the switch becoming harder to press?
Topic Starter
Thnikk
Update 1/2/2016
I hit 600 sales for 2015! Absolutely incredible. I started this out just thinking I was going to make one for myself, but I'm so happy that I was able to make keypads for 600 people. I would like to take a moment to thank you all for supporting me and say what my plans are for the beginning of the year:

-Make an osu!mania and taiko controller (with the advent of a 3d printer to help with the enclosures)

-Make a wireless keypad that doesn't suck

-Add RGBW LEDs to my rgb keypads for better whites and simplified code

-More that I'm forgetting right now

Qenomo wrote:

What was the fix to the switch becoming harder to press?
I think it came down to the way they were being pressed. Pulling down a bit (towards you) causes a lot more resistance in the switch, but they aren't really meant to be pressed like that.
KanoSet
wew thnikk is going serious :D
the wireless would be perfecr with the idea of the keypad purpose but i'm not sure about the latency tho
gl
The Gambler
Oh shit Thnikk is going for the mania controller.... Ganbatte
Not Jeef
Hit me up with those sexy RGB key caps



(I want those key caps)
Chyo-Kun
A mania controller would be awesome.

I'm guessing you're going for a classic 8 key controller without the beatmania style spinner (that would be hard to make)
Do you have any idea how the keys are going to be configured? Since there are a lot of styles

If you don't get what I mean:

http://www.overclock.net/content/type/61/id/2339078/ Arcade

http://cdn.overclock.net/a/a0/a0f0e028_ ... style.jpeg Korean

http://cdn.overclock.net/b/bd/bdb6b990_ ... oning.jpeg Hybrid

http://cdn.overclock.net/0/0d/0d2f538f_ ... style.jpeg Dexterity / "AEXFJI"

http://cdn.overclock.net/9/9c/9c88c1c7_ ... oplay.jpeg Full Arcade
The Gambler

Chyo-Kun wrote:

-snip-
Like this:

or this:


Or whatever Thnikk comes up with... He did say something about rendering in Fusion or something..

I'd say the hardest part is getting the casing. I'm sure there are shops that cut sheet acrylic though.
Chyo-Kun

The Gambler wrote:

Chyo-Kun wrote:

-snip-
Like this:

or this:


Or whatever Thnikk comes up with... He did say something about rendering in Fusion or something..

I'd say the hardest part is getting the casing. I'm sure there are shops that cut sheet acrylic though.
Holy, those casings are so big.
I honestly think that if he's going for an 8 straight key desing, a longer type of the Osu!standard one with 8 keys with a little space in the middle would do the trick, those looks sooo expensive to make and ship around. I wouldn't buy it if it costed more than a standard beatmania controller
Cataclysm
I ordered the keypad but unfortunately I didn't get the keys. What???!?! I am 100% sure I ordered them as I have the receipt.
Topic Starter
Thnikk
The mania controller was definitely a plan for late-early 2016. I definitely want to make the taiko one first for simplicity's sake and trying out my ideas. I'm definitely leaning towards something smaller for the mania controller though, not arcade size.

Symacon wrote:

I ordered the keypad but unfortunately I didn't get the keys. What???!?! I am 100% sure I ordered them as I have the receipt.
The keycaps come in a bag NOT pre-attached to the keypad so maybe you missed them in the package. If that's not the case, can you message me on Etsy so I can see your order?
Cataclysm
I sent an email already so I just wanted to make sure you knew what happened.

Edit: I sent the receipt too
The Gambler

Chyo-Kun wrote:

Holy, those casings are so big.
I honestly think that if he's going for an 8 straight key desing, a longer type of the Osu!standard one with 8 keys with a little space in the middle would do the trick, those looks sooo expensive to make and ship around. I wouldn't buy it if it costed more than a standard beatmania controller
It's just a render of the controller if I do end up building this for myself, using Sanwa switches as the buttons. The most expensive part for this build I would say is getting the acrylic cut for the controller. I don't think it would cost more than a BMS controller unless sheet acrylic cutting is that expensive.
Topic Starter
Thnikk

Symacon wrote:

I sent an email already so I just wanted to make sure you knew what happened.

Edit: I sent the receipt too
Can you send a message through etsy? I haven't received any emails.

Also, did you check the package again? They are in a clear bag so you might have missed it.
Otonashi
Hi Thnikk! I've sent you a message on Etsy, also I am wondering if you plan to restock the Led Keypads (r2)?
Topic Starter
Thnikk

iShinoa wrote:

Hi Thnikk! I've sent you a message on Etsy, also I am wondering if you plan to restock the Led Keypads (r2)?
I was shooting for the end of the week, but I may have to push it back to Monday. You can follow/favorite my shop to get notified of updates or you can follow me on twitter where I sometimes remember to post.
SmallerMoonstar
I have a question, are you able to switch the switches on the keyboard without using a soldering iron? Like the osu! nono keyboard. Thanks in advance!
The Gambler

SmallerMoonstar wrote:

I have a question, are you able to switch the switches on the keyboard without using a soldering iron? Like the osu! nono keyboard. Thanks in advance!
Pretty sure the nono is soldered on the PCB. I'm also assuming Thnikk's keypads are handwired, not using a PCB.
KanoSet

The Gambler wrote:

Pretty sure the nono is soldered on the PCB. I'm also assuming Thnikk's keypads are handwired, not using a PCB.
The Gambler

KanoSet wrote:

-snip-
Only shows the switch covers being swapped, not actual SIP sockets. There was a Massdrop keyboard that had socketed MX switches but it was long ago since that drop ended.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply