thnikk's Osu! Keypads [Development]

posted
Total Posts
582
show more
NyteShadows

Thnikk wrote:

Have you seen my guide (posted in the OP)? I say to use water here as I'd be afraid of rubbing alcohol removing the adhesive.
Yeah, I've been doing the water thing for a while, but the thing is that it still actually wore off over time (not sure if related to water or not), but searched up how to make double sided tape sticky again, and I read that rubbing alcohol works. Surprisingly, it pretty much makes it stick like it's brand new again. I guess I would suggest using a minimal amount on the Q-Tip to avoid removing the adhesive. Mine is still stuck on perfectly fine, but I'll update whether it affects it or not in the future.
Miralyn
Sent you a PM.
The Gambler
Your greatest challenge awaits. Build a mania controller :)

Pictures moved to Art forums
Topic Starter
Thnikk

NyteShadows wrote:

Thnikk wrote:

Have you seen my guide (posted in the OP)? I say to use water here as I'd be afraid of rubbing alcohol removing the adhesive.
Yeah, I've been doing the water thing for a while, but the thing is that it still actually wore off over time (not sure if related to water or not), but searched up how to make double sided tape sticky again, and I read that rubbing alcohol works. Surprisingly, it pretty much makes it stick like it's brand new again. I guess I would suggest using a minimal amount on the Q-Tip to avoid removing the adhesive. Mine is still stuck on perfectly fine, but I'll update whether it affects it or not in the future.
I'll try this out the next time mine wears out. Thanks for the tip, I'll add it to the guide if it works :D

The Gambler wrote:

Your greatest challenge awaits. Build a mania controller :)

Pardon my use of Sketchup. My Autodesk skills are non-existent.
I'm actually thinking about getting a 3d printer for myself for chirstmas. I don't play osumania so I haven't bothered making one, but maybe doing something with some 1.5 and 2x DSA keycaps could be fun. I've also been playing with fusion 360 lately so maybe I'll try to throw something together myself :)
The Gambler
DEAR SPARK
The Gambler
At this point I'm just gonna move my pictures to Art forums in the hopes of avoiding the imminent thread lock.

Pls respect this thread as it is one of the more serious ones in G&R
autoteleology
-
The Gambler
It just occurred to me that one can simply reskin a pop'n music controller with osu! graphics to make a mania controller.
Gray766
The keypad finally arrived! But Im having trouble making it work. It seems as though my computer doesn't detect it. help!

edit: The keypad is listed as "arduino leonardo" under other devices on device manager. Ive tried different usb ports and using a different cable but it still doesnt work.
Topic Starter
Thnikk

Supa hot fire wrote:

The keypad finally arrived! But Im having trouble making it work. It seems as though my computer doesn't detect it. help!

edit: The keypad is listed as "arduino leonardo" under other devices on device manager. Ive tried different usb ports and using a different cable but it still doesnt work.
PMed with fix, sorry ! :|
samotoda
Don't blast me on this because im too lazy to see if he's said this already, but how come most of the keypads are no longer for sale on the store?
Topic Starter
Thnikk

samotoda wrote:

Don't blast me on this because im too lazy to see if he's said this already, but how come most of the keypads are no longer for sale on the store?


Here you go :P
LeKekz
What switches do you prefer?
ZenithPhantasm
Optical>All
Topic Starter
Thnikk
Update 12/7

All black and pro micro models are back up! [shop]

LeKekz wrote:

What switches do you prefer?
Gateron clears are my favorites, followed by Gateron reds and Cherry MX reds.
ZenithPhantasm
Ever lubed your clears?
Pituophis

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Optical>All
shitpost or confused?
ZenithPhantasm
Google A4Tech Optical Switch or Flaretech Optical Switch. Mech switches are an old design from 1980's.
Pituophis
I guess I'm the one who's confused.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply