thnikk's Osu! Keypads [Development]

posted
Total Posts
show more
thebeastbloc
Lol same
Topic Starter
Thnikk
Shop is back up! Everything is available except for some keypop keycaps which I plan on restocking on within the week. The code with the escape cooldown (to fix multiple presses being registered) is being used for all new models and will be available on the reprogramming pages of the v2.1 and RGB by the end of the day.
Disneyvacation
For those who still have problems with the double sided tape/ sliding: http://i.imgur.com/15Dt0Vm.jpg
I needed something like a wristrest, so i came up with this.
Its easy to make and you dont really need anything other than a slightly more robust cardboard and glue :).
In theory it would slide too, but the weight of the hand and wrist prevents that.

Edith: I screwed the screws of the keypad through the cardboard, but you can obviously stick the doublesided tape on it too
Topic Starter
Thnikk
Just a small update.

The basic and basic+ models are still available (about 5 left in stock.) After they're gone, the shop will be down again for a few days as I'm working hard to get a helper, which means I should be able to handle a lot more orders without the shop going down for a few days every week.

The RGB model is going to be slightly revised. The microcontroller is being changed from the Teensy LC to Pro Micro, similar to the v2 to v2.1. I'm using different LEDs that use a data connection instead of individual R, G, and B connections for each LED, so the number of PWM pins require went from 6 to 1. There's no feature differences between the two or even any noticeable physical changes (except micro-USB type A to the more-used type B, both of which are compatible with a micro B cable.) They should be back up by the end of next week or Monday the 20th.

There's probably something else I'm forgetting, so I'll edit this later if I remember :P
ZenithPhantasm
@thnikk Do you know a site where I can buy single Gateron Clear switches?
Topic Starter
Thnikk

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I know of Zeal PC but shipping will bring you up to almost half the price of the bag of 120 on amazon. I know there's another site and I'll try to remember.

Edit: Oh yeah, me if you have paypal and don't want too many since I'm running pretty low. My new batch doesn't come in until August and I only have ~24 left, so it's fine if you only want 2-4. PM me if you're interested.
ZenithPhantasm

Thnikk wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I know of Zeal PC but shipping will bring you up to almost half the price of the bag of 120 on amazon. I know there's another site and I'll try to remember.

Edit: Oh yeah, me if you have paypal and don't want too many since I'm running pretty low. My new batch doesn't come in until August and I only have ~24 left, so it's fine if you only want 2-4. PM me if you're interested.
How much would 4 switches cost with shipping?
Topic Starter
Thnikk

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

How much would 4 switches cost with shipping?
I'd say $5 sounds fair.
ZenithPhantasm
Hmmmm are you willing to sell other switches as well?
I need PCB versions of:
2x of MX Browns, Clears (MX Clears), Blacks, Greens, and Greys as well as the 4x Gateron Clears mentioned above. How much would it cost?
Also do you know where I can purchase transparent non frosted polycarbonate keycaps for R4?
Yuudachi-kun
Thnikk I love you.
Topic Starter
Thnikk

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I need PCB versions of:
2x of MX Browns, Clears (MX Clears), Blacks, Greens, and Greys as well as the 4x Gateron Clears mentioned above. How much would it cost?
Also do you know where I can purchase transparent non frosted polycarbonate keycaps for R4?
The only other ones I actually have on hand are the blacks. I'm not really planning on getting any more of the rest. If you wanted just the 6 I'd make it $6.

[keycaps] You might want to check their row guide in the description first, though.

Khelly wrote:

Thnikk I love you.
thank you :oops:
The Gambler

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I need PCB versions of:
I'd check out these sites. I'm planning to resurrect an old, broken CM rapid so I've been digging online quite a lot.

http://www.digikey.com/
http://www.mechkb.com/
https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/
http://www.gonskeyboardworks.com/
https://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?lang=en

For more keyboard stuff you might also want to check out geekhack and deskthority.
Parity
The store page seems to be down... says, unavailable.
Topic Starter
Thnikk

Fiad wrote:

The store page seems to be down... says, unavailable.
Yeah, it'll be down until next Monday or Tuesday while I wait for parts to come in. I've updated the OP since it's not very clear to people who are looking at the thread quickly.
DEAR SPARK
Topic Starter
Thnikk
7/21 Update
Everything is back up on the shop except for the RGB model, which I'm waiting on for more parts as well as some bug fixes and internal alterations to make things easier. It should be back up by Thursday or Friday.

Terran SCV wrote:

Bought a keypad (Tomoko Kuroki, account was closed cause I forgot this original one existed lol), and I'm absolutely loving it. I put in a review under the name 박지수 on Etsy. Very great product.
Thanks a lot for the review and I'm happy you like it so much! Thanks also for, despite your disposition, giving the tape a fair shake.
ChokeMeister

Thnikk wrote:

Shizuyi wrote:

What about Basic and BAsic +? WHat makes em worse than RGB or v2.1?
The 125hz polling rate instead of the 1000hz found on the RGB and v2.1. Other than that, no backlighting and no escape button on the basic.
Will the 125hz polling rate make a difference on accuracy while playing osu? Especially for OD 10
thebeastbloc
i got it but i dont have any keys...
thebeastbloc
keyswitches i mean
ZenithPhantasm

Going clockwise from top left: MX Reds with Gateron stems, MX Blues, MX Gateron Skyblues (custom switch :) ), Gateron Clears, and MX Blacks.
All of the switches uses Cherry's contacts, not Gateron's
I do not plan to sell these
show more