forum

thnikk's Osu! Keypads [Development]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Elric
I wish I had a paypal account to get this, unfortunaly I still don't have a credit card.
Still trying to make a deal with thnikk to buy this, really excited.
Te Amo

Elric wrote:

I wish I had a paypal account to get this, unfortunaly I still don't have a credit card.
go out and buy a prepaid gift card :)
ZenithPhantasm

KevEz wrote:

Elric wrote:

^^^^^^^ 4.95$ fee tho
Elric

KevEz wrote:

I never saw one here so idk..
Yuudachi-kun

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

^^^^^^^ 4.95$ fee tho
Just deal with it like I Do.
ZenithPhantasm

Kheldragar wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

^^^^^^^ 4.95$ fee tho
Just deal with it like I Do.
I have my own debit card. Hbu?
Yuudachi-kun
I'm perfectly fine without one and $5 fees are nothing. It's a third of a large pizza.
Nocookies4u
Im so very hyped to get this but just cant bring myself to pay like $41 for that cute arse heart sign ugh why you do this to my wallet ;~; I have to decide between buying a crappyish tablet and this or buying a good ta- nvm in the middle of writing this i decided im buying one of these anyway i remembered the backlight good job making an irresistible product @_@ also firstpostonfourmsyay (i think?)
E m i
it's worth it because when you buy one, you know that thnikk was touching it
Nocookies4u

[ Momiji ] wrote:

This makes me moist....
Yuudachi-kun

Nocookies4u wrote:

[ Momiji ] wrote:

This makes me moist....
Qazwsx753421
Looks nice, you should probably change the link to keypop.com in the Etsy description to keypop.net though. Looks like the domain is for sale and currently redirects to "Oh no your computer has a virus call this number" websites. :( I was wondering if I had went to the right site...
Topic Starter
Thnikk

Nocookies4u wrote:

Im so very hyped to get this but just cant bring myself to pay like $41 for that cute arse heart sign ugh why you do this to my wallet ;~; I have to decide between buying a crappyish tablet and this or buying a good ta- nvm in the middle of writing this i decided im buying one of these anyway i remembered the backlight good job making an irresistible product @_@ also firstpostonfourmsyay (i think?)
Welcome to the forum. Glad you like them so much!

[ Momiji ] wrote:

Nocookies4u wrote:

This makes me moist....
:| ok guys stop making the thread weird

Qazwsx753421 wrote:

Looks nice, you should probably change the link to keypop.com in the Etsy description to keypop.net though. Looks like the domain is for sale and currently redirects to "Oh no your computer has a virus call this number" websites. :( I was wondering if I had went to the right site...
Fixed, thanks for letting me know.
Nocookies4u

Thnikk wrote:

I liked them so much that i was acting like a total nerd on the bus and kept asking my friends which keycaps to get, the second i got home i ordered them and cant wait for it to get here @_@ how much time does it usually take for orders within the u.s? (If you're wondering i went with face of fury keycaps with red switches... deciding between face of fury and the 8 bit hearts was the toughest decision of my life :| ) Literally so much love for this product thought i would be stuck with either a keyboard too big for my laptop and tablet to be on one little tiny desk or just be stuck using my laptops keyboard +100 to you
Elric
One thing I wondered is that why does the price keeps going up..
buny

Elric wrote:

supply and demand
Topic Starter
Thnikk

Nocookies4u wrote:

Thnikk wrote:

I liked them so much that i was acting like a total nerd on the bus and kept asking my friends which keycaps to get, the second i got home i ordered them and cant wait for it to get here @_@ how much time does it usually take for orders within the u.s? (If you're wondering i went with face of fury keycaps with red switches... deciding between face of fury and the 8 bit hearts was the toughest decision of my life :| ) Literally so much love for this product thought i would be stuck with either a keyboard too big for my laptop and tablet to be on one little tiny desk or just be stuck using my laptops keyboard +100 to you
I'll be shipping it out on Monday. On average, they ship 2 days after ordering.

I'm surprised not as many people have been getting the look of fury keycaps. Those and the cloudy are my favorites.

Elric wrote:

The prices have never gone up. The basic model has always been $22 with keycaps and the premium model has actually gone down in price by $1 since the original listing.

buny wrote:

Elric wrote:

supply and demand
If demand goes up, I would like for that to only effect profit, not price in any negative way. If I can save enough money on parts by buying in bulk and save enough labor time by making them in bulk, I would also like to lower the price.
FieryLight
Not trying to kill sales or anything but did anyone notice the 3rd (I think) version of the noodlefighter keyboard?

http://noodlefighter.com/nosumor_preview_eng.html

That little monster boasts "Refresh rate:1000hz , Latency <3ms" and it's own set-up program for you to rebind the keys, change how the LEDs work, etc. And the current (with instructions released) model has "refresh rate:1000HZ(1ms)" and "Latency:6-10ms"
E m i

FieryLight wrote:

Not trying to kill sales or anything but did anyone notice the 3rd (I think) version of the noodlefighter keyboard?

That little monster boasts "Refresh rate:1000hz , Latency <3ms" and it's own set-up program for you to rebind the keys, change how the LEDs work, etc. And the current (with instructions released) model has "refresh rate:1000HZ(1ms)" and "Latency:6-10ms"
not made by thnikk
Zup
There's some awesome keypads coming in! I'm glad too see multiple people starting to develop them. Firstly I think that the size needs to be a bit bigger. Maybe a small curved wrist rest would be cool but I'm guessing they're all still not official products yet.

CHERRY MX RED SWITCHES FTW.
Topic Starter
Thnikk
I just ordered some clear gateron switches from massdrop. I've heard good things about them so I'm excited to try them out when they come in next month.

FieryLight wrote:

I still really want one. The whole reason I made these in the first place was because nothing else was available, so I'll be interested in seeing prices and features to try to find ways to improve mine.

[ Momiji ] wrote:

not made by thnikk
^

Zup wrote:

There's some awesome keypads coming in! I'm glad too see multiple people starting to develop them. Firstly I think that the size needs to be a bit bigger. Maybe a small curved wrist rest would be cool but I'm guessing they're all still not official products yet.

CHERRY MX RED SWITCHES FTW.
I've thought about that. I'm going to start looking around for alternative cases soon for cost/time savings (they've been on backorder and that's the one thing that's been delaying batches.) Hopefully I can find something with thinner plastic so it's easier to cut and mount the switches. I'd also like wider cases for a taiko pad.
Miko
Got mine and it works great. Switched from Blue Kailh to Red Cherry's now, Red's def. are better for me. Able to stream and single tap better now.
Worvik
Deleted
Topic Starter
Thnikk
I ran out of some vital components so I'm taking everything down for the next few days while I wait for parts to come in. Everyone who's ordered already is fine. Everything should be back up by early next week at the latest.

DevanX wrote:

Got mine and it works great. Switched from Blue Kailh to Red Cherry's now, Red's def. are better for me. Able to stream and single tap better now.
Glad you like it :)

WhippetWolf wrote:

I ordered mine on last Friday! Can't wait to use it! This will probably be the first mechanical "prototype" that I will ever have! So excited!
Hope it gets to you soon!
carlisle_
Dang, I just got paid and I was really excited to order a keypad tonight. I don't mind waiting though! :)
Evolve

Kaizhou wrote:

Dang, I just got paid and I was really excited to order a keypad tonight. I don't mind waiting though! :)
Same here, was going to order myself one as a birthday present :P
Sockstah
This looks pretty cool. Have you thought about making something similar using arcade buttons? The HBFS-30 and HBFS-24 buttons use cherry switches, so the feeling shouldn't be too different from keyboard keys (I just really like that arcade look).
Topic Starter
Thnikk

Kaizhou wrote:

Evolveee wrote:

Same here, was going to order myself one as a birthday present :P
Thanks for being patient. All of my parts have shipped so Monday's still looking good!

Sockstah wrote:

This looks pretty cool. Have you thought about making something similar using arcade buttons? The HBFS-30 and HBFS-24 buttons use cherry switches, so the feeling shouldn't be too different from keyboard keys (I just really like that arcade look).
I was actually thinking about it a few hours before you posted this. My friend was talking about the Project Diva controller for PS3 and I thought about making my own, then the thoughts shifted to a different keypad...
Te Amo
Wow, glad to see the keypads are doing pretty well

I wanted to purchase 2 for a giveaway and a friend, but my tablet had to go and break, bummer :(
Topic Starter
Thnikk
Everything is back up including a basic+ model which is the basic model with the escape button!

KevEz wrote:

Wow, glad to see the keypads are doing pretty well

I wanted to purchase 2 for a giveaway and a friend, but my tablet had to go and break, bummer :(
The videos helped a lot, thanks! :)

Edit: You guys are too fast...

One left now. Parts for more are on their way and hopefully there will be a lot less downtime.
carlisle_

Thnikk wrote:

Edit: You guys are too fast...
I was so ready for Monday, but I could hardly wait! ;~;
I tested some mechanical keys out at my local Best Buy and I noticed a massive difference, and ever since I got back home I've been having such a hard time with my old keyboard.. :c
DoodleBlob
I have got my keypad and have been using it for a while. I was thinking of writing a review but I don't know where I should put it, so I think here would be fine.

I ordered the keypad on the 22nd of February and it arrived by the 28th of February. Considering I live in the UK and this is made and shipped from America, the delivery was very fast, so no complaints there.

It arrived in a well packaged box. The product was not damaged in any way and the box itself had no damage to it either. Inside the box you get the Osu! Keypad, USB cable, a little business card thingy and some bubble wrap packaging (which was quite entertaining to pop)!
Now lets go and have a look at the actual product!

The Osu! Keypad is built very solidly. The casing is made of two plastic parts, which are screwed together tightly. The mechanical keys themselves and placed and glued in, although the glue is not visible and does not affect anything and could probably be removed if you desperately wanted to replace the keys. The switches also have LED's which light up whenever a key is pressed. There are many different options of mechanical switches to choose from, however I chose Cherry Red's due to personal preference.

On the underside of the keypad there are the screws holding the casing together and two bits of double sided tape to secure it to a surface. The double sided tape does its job however if you are like me and constantly readjusting your setup, the stickiness goes away quickly.

Thnikk wrote:

If the tape on the bottom of your keypad is clear, those are scotch resickable strips so you should be able to pull them off the keypad (try to be careful with them to not tear them) and clean them under water. I've tried it once so far and it worked pretty well, but I wouldn't do it unless it really lost its stickiness. Also, try to clean the surface before placing it down to avoid any excess dirt, dust, and cheeto/pocky crumbs.

The keycaps used are of very high quality and transparent, which allows them to stand out nicely.

I have used this keypad for a while now and can safely say that it has improved my accuracy on some notes. After a short learning curve transferring from a membrane keyboard, the Cherry Red mechanical key switches allow me to press much faster, letting me to get 300's on notes which I previously got a 100 on. Not only that but due to being faster to tap I now find streams of notes easier to manage. Although this would probably be true with all mechanical keyboards, this Osu! Keypad is cheaper and considering I only need this for osu and no other games, I feel like my purchase was well worth it.

My Osu! Keypad is now firmly placed on my desk, after lots of rearranging. Thank you thnikk for making these keypads, and I am very happy with my purchase!

DoodleBlob
^ That took way to long to write and edit...

;_;
Worvik
Deleted
E m i

WhippetWolf wrote:

Thnikk's a great person
Yuudachi-kun
Oh my god I just noticed it's Thnikk not Thinkk.
Worvik
Deleted
Worvik
Deleted
DoodleBlob
I hope Thnikk senpai notices me
Topic Starter
Thnikk
In case anyone didn't read the OP, batch 3 is all gone and now I'm waiting for parts for the next one. I ordered more this time and nothing is on back order so there shouldn't be too much downtime.

Thank you guys so much for the wonderful reviews! Thanks for leaving one on my Etsy too, DoodleBlob. Those really do help me out a lot!

Kheldragar wrote:

Oh my god I just noticed it's Thnikk not Thinkk.
Yeah I get that a lot :P

WhippetWolf wrote:

Hopefully no one took this idea already, but you should create further projects like "mini-tablets", "bags for your Osu! Keypad", "an option for a transparent case", and maybe a tournament for those people who ordered/have your prototype and broadcast it to support/sponsor your services/business! Sorry if these seems weird or plain ideas.
Transparent case might be in the near future...

DoodleBlob wrote:

I hope Thnikk senpai notices me
You have been noticed.

Edit: If the tape on the bottom of your keypad is clear, those are scotch resickable strips so you should be able to pull them off the keypad (try to be careful with them to not tear them) and clean them under water. I've tried it once so far and it worked pretty well, but I wouldn't do it unless it really lost its stickiness. Also, try to clean the surface before placing it down to avoid any excess dirt, dust, and cheeto/pocky crumbs.
show more