community forum

thnikk's Osu! Keypads [Development]

posted
Total Posts
582
show more
NyteShadows
For anyone who has issues with the tape not being sticky anymore:
Try using some rubbing alcohol on it.


My keypad wouldn't stay still anymore, the thing would slide a mile away as I tried to hit the pause button during my farming LOL. What I did was put some rubbing alcohol on a Q-Tip, and cleaned the bottom of the tape with it.

Worked like a charm, and the tape is as good as brand new. 8-)
Topic Starter
Thnikk

Aibhin23 wrote:

Does this device help with how fast you can push the buttons?

I think I am going to get myself one these for the holiday. I’ve been playing osu with my bad keyboard for the past two years and I feel like it is partially holding me back with how long it takes to press the keys. I was looking for something custom made for osu and happened to stumble across this promising device.
I would definitely say you could see an improvement if what you're currently using is holding you back. This is what I generally say for any "gaming" peripherals. Going from rubber dome to mechanical does help quite a bit, and f you have a mechanical keyboard with blues or browns and you don't like them for osu, you'll probably also see an improvement moving to linear switches like DEAR SPARK (or moving to lighter switches if you have bad stamina.)

Where you wouldn't see any improvement is going from the LED to the RGB model, it just looks cooler :P

NyteShadows wrote:

For anyone who has issues with the tape not being sticky anymore:
Try using some rubbing alcohol on it.


My keypad wouldn't stay still anymore, the thing would slide a mile away as I tried to hit the pause button during my farming LOL. What I did was put some rubbing alcohol on a Q-Tip, and cleaned the bottom of the tape with it.

Worked like a charm, and the tape is as good as brand new. 8-)
Have you seen my guide (posted in the OP)? I say to use water here as I'd be afraid of rubbing alcohol removing the adhesive.
NyteShadows

Thnikk wrote:

Have you seen my guide (posted in the OP)? I say to use water here as I'd be afraid of rubbing alcohol removing the adhesive.
Yeah, I've been doing the water thing for a while, but the thing is that it still actually wore off over time (not sure if related to water or not), but searched up how to make double sided tape sticky again, and I read that rubbing alcohol works. Surprisingly, it pretty much makes it stick like it's brand new again. I guess I would suggest using a minimal amount on the Q-Tip to avoid removing the adhesive. Mine is still stuck on perfectly fine, but I'll update whether it affects it or not in the future.
Miralyn
Sent you a PM.
The Gambler
Your greatest challenge awaits. Build a mania controller :)

Pictures moved to Art forums
Topic Starter
Thnikk

NyteShadows wrote:

Thnikk wrote:

Have you seen my guide (posted in the OP)? I say to use water here as I'd be afraid of rubbing alcohol removing the adhesive.
Yeah, I've been doing the water thing for a while, but the thing is that it still actually wore off over time (not sure if related to water or not), but searched up how to make double sided tape sticky again, and I read that rubbing alcohol works. Surprisingly, it pretty much makes it stick like it's brand new again. I guess I would suggest using a minimal amount on the Q-Tip to avoid removing the adhesive. Mine is still stuck on perfectly fine, but I'll update whether it affects it or not in the future.
I'll try this out the next time mine wears out. Thanks for the tip, I'll add it to the guide if it works :D

The Gambler wrote:

Your greatest challenge awaits. Build a mania controller :)

Pardon my use of Sketchup. My Autodesk skills are non-existent.
I'm actually thinking about getting a 3d printer for myself for chirstmas. I don't play osumania so I haven't bothered making one, but maybe doing something with some 1.5 and 2x DSA keycaps could be fun. I've also been playing with fusion 360 lately so maybe I'll try to throw something together myself :)
The Gambler
DEAR SPARK
The Gambler
At this point I'm just gonna move my pictures to Art forums in the hopes of avoiding the imminent thread lock.

Pls respect this thread as it is one of the more serious ones in G&R
autoteleology
-
The Gambler
It just occurred to me that one can simply reskin a pop'n music controller with osu! graphics to make a mania controller.
Gray766
The keypad finally arrived! But Im having trouble making it work. It seems as though my computer doesn't detect it. help!

edit: The keypad is listed as "arduino leonardo" under other devices on device manager. Ive tried different usb ports and using a different cable but it still doesnt work.
Topic Starter
Thnikk

Supa hot fire wrote:

The keypad finally arrived! But Im having trouble making it work. It seems as though my computer doesn't detect it. help!

edit: The keypad is listed as "arduino leonardo" under other devices on device manager. Ive tried different usb ports and using a different cable but it still doesnt work.
PMed with fix, sorry ! :|
samotoda
Don't blast me on this because im too lazy to see if he's said this already, but how come most of the keypads are no longer for sale on the store?
Topic Starter
Thnikk

samotoda wrote:

Don't blast me on this because im too lazy to see if he's said this already, but how come most of the keypads are no longer for sale on the store?


Here you go :P
LeKekz
What switches do you prefer?
ZenithPhantasm
Optical>All
Topic Starter
Thnikk
Update 12/7

All black and pro micro models are back up! [shop]

LeKekz wrote:

What switches do you prefer?
Gateron clears are my favorites, followed by Gateron reds and Cherry MX reds.
ZenithPhantasm
Ever lubed your clears?
Pituophis

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Optical>All
shitpost or confused?
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply