show more
GabrielRKF
gudi o/
Mismagius

Hyguys wrote:

Easy
:arrow: 00:40:000 Remove clap Não
:arrow: 00:41:600 ^ Não
:arrow: 00:44:800 Add Finish Já tem whistle e Finish é muito forte praquela parte
K3nsh1n_H1mur4
Estrelinha pelo esforço e pela qualidade do Easy, Normal e Hard.

O Insane não é minha praia, mas é opinião pessoal. Mapa lento pra mim não pede jumps. Mas há quem goste.
Xgor
[General]

Add Blue Dragon in the tags in all difficulties.

[BD's Easy]

Rhythm
SPOILER
Bit tricky to follow for an easy but works most of the times.

01:28:600 (2) - I think this would be much easier to follow if you moved this 1/2 forward on the timeline, I know it's follows the main melody but it's pretty confusing as it's at a different place as the combo before it.
01:41:400 (2) - ^

Also
00:38:400 (3) - Add new combo here
00:40:000 (1) - Remove new combo
Hitsounds
SPOILER
Nice use of hitsounds, some things that bugged me though

00:40:000 (1,2) - The claps here feels so out of place...
01:34:400 (5) - Maybe make this a bit less louder.
01:42:400 (3) - ^ at the clap

[Normal]

Rhythm
SPOILER
01:55:200 (5) - I suggest you add a reverse arrow at this slider so this difficulty ends on the same place as the other difficulties.

Hitsounds
SPOILER
I suggest lower the volume at all the hitsounds before the first break, It's pretty loud compared to the rest of the map even if the start is the calmest part.

Other
SPOILER
I said this before but please please use a picture from the level. Fits so much better!

[Hard]

Rhythm
SPOILER
01:16:800 - I said it before but.... Please end the 1/2 stream there instead of 01:15:000 (8). It just sounds odd right now!

Spacing
SPOILER
00:25:400 (10,1) - Make these further apart from each other.

Hitsounds
SPOILER
I suggest lower the volume at all the hitsounds before the first break, It's pretty loud compared to the rest of the map even if the start is the calmest part.

[Insane]

Spacing
SPOILER
I fail to see how many of those jumps make any sense to the music, they just feel there for extra difficulty.

Hitsounds
SPOILER

Also the clap and finish placement just sucks here.

Easy, Normal, Hard is nice but Insane feels just like a drag and Insane's doesn't work with this song
Well, it's better than before so I give you a star but I hate Insane :|
*star*
Mismagius

Xgor wrote:

[General]

Add Blue Dragon in the tags in all difficulties.

[BD's Easy]

Rhythm

Bit tricky to follow for an easy but works most of the times.

01:28:600 (2) - I think this would be much easier to follow if you moved this 1/2 forward on the timeline, I know it's follows the main melody but it's pretty confusing as it's at a different place as the combo before it. It's fine IMO
01:41:400 (2) - ^ ^, but I added a whistle on both notes

Also
00:38:400 (3) - Add new combo here ok
00:40:000 (1) - Remove new combo ok

Hitsounds

Nice use of hitsounds, some things that bugged me though

00:40:000 (1,2) - The claps here feels so out of place... nah
01:34:400 (5) - Maybe make this a bit less louder. ok
01:42:400 (3) - ^ at the clap It's already the lowest volume
Download: David Wise - Aquatic Ambience (fabriciorby) [BD's Easy].osu
Ruisu-kun_old
Another from david wise! :D! i love donkey kong... Star!
naptime
:oops:
Shiro
General
Remove countdown. It sounds awful.

Normal
You shouldn't use small jumps between new combos (like 00:41:200 (3,1) - ) it's very confusing for new players.
01:44:800 (3,4,5) - This rhythm is too hard to play in a Normal diff imo, so stacked ? Make the two first a slider at least.

Hard
This feels terribly weird. Might be because, while the song is very calm and smooth, the map is not.
01:44:800 (1,2) - This jump is extremely surprising and doesn't even make sense. Just reverse (1), it should fix it.

Insane
Sorry but this is overmapped imo. All these jumps/anti-jumps absolutely don't fit the song. It plays fine, though.

BD's Easy
Pretty nice, although I really hate the claps.
01:05:700 (1) - Surprisingly soon after the note. Make it start later ?
01:10:400 (1) - sweet <3
rrtyui
Donkey Kong Country yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)
~ Star ~
Topic Starter
fabriciorby

Odaril wrote:

General
Remove countdown. It sounds awful. -> Ok

Normal
You shouldn't use small jumps between new combos (like 00:41:200 (3,1) - ) it's very confusing for new players. -> Ok
01:44:800 (3,4,5) - This rhythm is too hard to play in a Normal diff imo, so stacked ? Make the two first a slider at least. -> Ok

Hard
This feels terribly weird. Might be because, while the song is very calm and smooth, the map is not.
01:44:800 (1,2) - This jump is extremely surprising and doesn't even make sense. Just reverse (1), it should fix it. -> Ok

Insane
Sorry but this is overmapped imo. All these jumps/anti-jumps absolutely don't fit the song. It plays fine, though.
Topic Starter
fabriciorby
double post FFFFUUUU
Doomsday
Hey :)

1. That offset feels pretty early to me. I'd add at least +20 to it (Offset: 20. Heh)
  2. It's minor, but could you perhaps make those backgrounds 4:3? (as in, make them 1024x768) so they fit the screen perfectly?
  3. Easy and normal don't have the countdown on, while Hard and Insane does. Perhaps you could make those the same?
[BD'S EASY]

Looks good. Some pretty sliders too in here.

[NORMAL]

It's a map of two halves. The first half is pretty dull. Mainly constant beats stuck in straight lines. It gets boring quickly. On the other hand, the second half is more interesting (from 01:24:000 onwards), but then you've got pretty fast beats which compared to the first half, feels out of place, and are pretty damn tough for a normal. It's an odd case.

I'd tone that second half down a bit. Perhaps for the triples (like 01:26:800 (1,2,3)), you could use little sliders instead. Right now, those triples in a normal feel out of place.

[HARD]

00:52:000 (1) - These sliders fit in with the easier difficulties, and as much as I like long sliders, In a hard, ones this long don't really work. They're a bit too slow-paced for the difficulty. Perhaps use something else here? (a break would be a good idea, since the other difficulties have breaks here).
01:05:200 (2) - Same with this one. This one isn't quite as out-of-place as the other one imo.

I see you tried doing some sliderwork. Not bad, but it's still an interesting map nonetheless.

[INSANE]

Hmm. Personally. I really don't think a song as calm as this needs anything more than a Hard. This is ridiculous though. All these jumps and streams don't work at all for a song like this. When you've got jumps like at 00:25:600 with practically nothing in the song backing it up, it's like playing the jumps with no music at all.

Personally, I would remove this difficulty and keep Hard as the hardest difficulty. I don't know if you'd agree with me, but a difficulty of this sheer insanity has no place in a map for this song.

This one's a bit of a mixed bag. most of it is okay, Easy and Hard are pretty nice, Normal is average but passable, and Insane is silly. Ignoring Insane, this is a pretty nice map.

With Insane there, I can't really star this one.
Topic Starter
fabriciorby

Doomsday wrote:

Hey :)

1. That offset feels pretty early to me. I'd add at least +20 to it (Offset: 20. Heh) -> Done :D
  2. It's minor, but could you perhaps make those backgrounds 4:3? (as in, make them 1024x768) so they fit the screen perfectly? -> I gonna do this when I get time :x
  3. Easy and normal don't have the countdown on, while Hard and Insane does. Perhaps you could make those the same?
-> Done :D

[BD'S EASY]

Looks good. Some pretty sliders too in here.

[NORMAL]

It's a map of two halves. The first half is pretty dull. Mainly constant beats stuck in straight lines. It gets boring quickly. On the other hand, the second half is more interesting (from 01:24:000 onwards), but then you've got pretty fast beats which compared to the first half, feels out of place, and are pretty damn tough for a normal. It's an odd case.

I'd tone that second half down a bit. Perhaps for the triples (like 01:26:800 (1,2,3)), you could use little sliders instead. Right now, those triples in a normal feel out of place.

-> I remapped some hitcircles, I hope it's better now :D

[HARD]

00:52:000 (1) - These sliders fit in with the easier difficulties, and as much as I like long sliders, In a hard, ones this long don't really work. They're a bit too slow-paced for the difficulty. Perhaps use something else here? (a break would be a good idea, since the other difficulties have breaks here). -> Done, I used a spinner :D
01:05:200 (2) - Same with this one. This one isn't quite as out-of-place as the other one imo. -> ^

I see you tried doing some sliderwork. Not bad, but it's still an interesting map nonetheless.

[INSANE]

Hmm. Personally. I really don't think a song as calm as this needs anything more than a Hard. This is ridiculous though. All these jumps and streams don't work at all for a song like this. When you've got jumps like at 00:25:600 with practically nothing in the song backing it up, it's like playing the jumps with no music at all.

Personally, I would remove this difficulty and keep Hard as the hardest difficulty. I don't know if you'd agree with me, but a difficulty of this sheer insanity has no place in a map for this song. -> Insane does not exist anymore :D

This one's a bit of a mixed bag. most of it is okay, Easy and Hard are pretty nice, Normal is average but passable, and Insane is silly. Ignoring Insane, this is a pretty nice map. -> Thank you :D

With Insane there, I can't really star this one. -> No more Insane xD
laport
Donkey Kong music ftw!!
I like the hard map 8-) starred
Doomsday
Now the Insane's gone, I'll give you a star :)
Shiro
General
I'm glad to see you removed the Insane. :)
There are two unused osb files; if you want, remove them (you aren't force to though).
Add "Blue Dragon" and "BD" to the tags of all difficulties.

Normal
00:23:220 (4) - Slightly too close to (3).
00:25:620 (1,3,5,7) - I find these kick sliders confusing for a Normal diff, because the number of repeats is unexpected.
00:38:420 (1) - Too close to previous note.
00:44:820 (1) - Too far from previous note.
01:16:820 (1) - Too close to previous note.
01:28:620 (4) - Move it to the left so the spacing is more even with the previous and next notes.
01:36:820 - The spacing starting from here is not consistent. The first combo is spaced using 0.8x, then the next one using 1.00x, then 0.8x again.
01:44:820 (3,4) - I suggest you first move (3) closer to (2) because of the big spacing, then that you make the same rhythm as (1,2), as this one is pretty confusing to play.
01:49:220 - Inconsistent spacing strikes again here.

Hard
I honestly don't like it much because it is not as calm as the song, but I didn't see any major error.

BD's Easy
I like what you did with the hitsound volume a lot. Very nice touch.
01:05:720 (1) - The spinner starts too soon after the note.
Nice diff. It's calm and yet not boring. It fits the song a lot, good job on it.
Topic Starter
fabriciorby

Odaril wrote:

General
I'm glad to see you removed the Insane. :)
There are two unused osb files; if you want, remove them (you aren't force to though).
Add "Blue Dragon" and "BD" to the tags of all difficulties. -> ok

Normal
00:23:220 (4) - Slightly too close to (3).
00:25:620 (1,3,5,7) - I find these kick sliders confusing for a Normal diff, because the number of repeats is unexpected. -> I liked it D:
00:38:420 (1) - Too close to previous note.
00:44:820 (1) - Too far from previous note.
01:16:820 (1) - Too close to previous note.
01:28:620 (4) - Move it to the left so the spacing is more even with the previous and next notes.
01:36:820 - The spacing starting from here is not consistent. The first combo is spaced using 0.8x, then the next one using 1.00x, then 0.8x again.
01:44:820 (3,4) - I suggest you first move (3) closer to (2) because of the big spacing, then that you make the same rhythm as (1,2), as this one is pretty confusing to play.
01:49:220 - Inconsistent spacing strikes again here.

All done

Hard
I honestly don't like it much because it is not as calm as the song, but I didn't see any major error. -> I think it is a calm diff D:
Xgor
Well, say this is ready for a bubble just some stuff that I seems to have forgotten in my earlier mods and think would be better changed.

[Normal]
01:16:820 (1) - Considering the spacing before it moving this up 3 grids make a lot more sense.
01:28:620 (4) - Spacing makes a bit more sense if you move it one grid up and one grid to the left.

[Hard]

01:55:220 (1) - 6 second spinner is way too long for the hardest difficulty, I suggest you do something like with the other difficulties.

Not that mayor or important but just stuff that would be better as changed before bubbling this.
Please PM me or something after you have done this (or not)

(No kd for this post please)
Xgor
Soooo....
CheeseWarlock
Those tiny breaks are annoying. Remove the shortest one on Normal and the two shortest on Hard.

And the offset seems best to me at 10.
CheeseWarlock
Okay.
Pesar
DKC *----* :)