forum

Android osu!

posted
Total Posts
show more
dkun
I wonder what kind of developer for a platform wouldn't have the platform's SDK available.
taiwo akinremi

thebesthingever wrote:

Btw
http://developer.android.com/sdk/ndk/overview.html
I hope this helps you out if you havn't already Checked it.
Yeah I know about this already, in fact I have the Android dev'ers feed in my RSS reader.
If I get into issues with speed, I can think about using the NDK for the more intesnsive parts.
TBTE
Sweet
taiwo akinremi
Just an update:
I'm moving next week so development has been slow, I'll hopefully have something to show you guys soon!
Ou3nDaN_PG
just to let you know...im following the development of this cuz im really really excited at the pospect of osu on android :)...

Hope to see more soon :P
MrNo_old
I definitely would like an osu! on Android!!!!
Corin
Interesting...
This gives me even more reason to invest in a Samsung Galaxy S smartphone.
jjrocks

Corin wrote:

Interesting...
This gives me even more reason to invest in a Samsung Galaxy S smartphone.
Wait for the samsung galaxy s II my friend =w=
MrNo_old
what a pity this thread hasn't been updated for any progress for months. I'm not a coder but I hope I can help with something.

Is it possible to start a voting for android OSU! supporters? Hope we can draw some programmer's attention.
kcaze
I've got some experience in using Pygame, a library which has recently been ported to Android. If there's no other Android Osu! project going on at the moment, I might take a stab at it.
arleslie
I would like to point out there is currently a rhythm game on the Android market place which features an osu! mod.
Just type in osu in the market search and an app called beats should pop up. A great alternative until an android app is fully released for osu!
DEMOLITION_D
I would never be bored at work ever again. Peppy. New guy. Seriously. Hop on this if it's not too much trouble.

You're godly already, this would throw your omnipotence off the map.
jjrocks

arleslie wrote:

I would like to point out there is currently a rhythm game on the Android market place which features an osu! mod.
Just type in osu in the market search and an app called beats should pop up. A great alternative until an android app is fully released for osu!
That's actually what the creator of this thread made :x
You should probably look at the first page and see the video...
Noboty

jjrocks wrote:

arleslie wrote:

That's actually what the creator of this thread made :x
You should probably look at the first page and see the video...
I am disappoint. :( Highly.
Pesets
Hi all,
I am beginning programmer and Osu! fan. Week ago I bought Android-driven tablet and found out that there is no port of Osu! for Android. The single Osu!-like game I found was Beats, but it's just different game with partial support Osu! format.
So, I decided to write something like Android-Osu. Since it was my first game for android (and first game on Java too...) it still has lots of bugs and I have no idea how to fix some of them...but...I think, in a couple of months I will finish it. Maybe.

There is a video of 5-day written tech-demo. I don't completely understand .osu format, so things like timing or scoring are calculated very roughly. And there is a lot of bugs... but... I somehow recreated game process.

And I have a request:
There is a lot of settings (like slider speed), I have no idea how to calculate. If someone gives me some formulas or explanations, I will be very thankful.

PS. Sorry for bad English. It's not my native language.
Remco32
That looks amazing already! You should try to contact peppy for information on those sliders and .osu files.
jjrocks
Oh god, look at that progress go, I love it. I'll be excited to see how this thing turns out in the future and hopefully you'll be able to continue working on it instead of dropping support randomly ^^
Shael_old
Pesets, PM peppy, I think he'd be happy to explain/give you some source/help you
Noboty

Pesets wrote:

Hi all,
I am beginning programmer and Osu! fan. Week ago I bought Android-driven tablet and found out that there is no port of Osu! for Android. The single Osu!-like game I found was Beats, but it's just different game with partial support Osu! format.
So, I decided to write something like Android-Osu. Since it was my first game for android (and first game on Java too...) it still has lots of bugs and I have no idea how to fix some of them...but...I think, in a couple of months I will finish it. Maybe.

There is a video of 5-day written tech-demo. I don't completely understand .osu format, so things like timing or scoring are calculated very roughly. And there is a lot of bugs... but... I somehow recreated game process.

And I have a request:
There is a lot of settings (like slider speed), I have no idea how to calculate. If someone gives me some formulas or explanations, I will be very thankful.

Yes, I know this thread old, but I really want to stress how much it means to me that you have done this. Thank you!
Espionage724

Noboty wrote:

Pesets wrote:

Hi all,

And I have a request:

Yes, I know this thread old, but I really want to stress how much it means to me that you have done this. Thank you!
I just realized I have that exact tablet in that video :p I was reading on the history of osu!droid and stuff a week ago and saw this, quite impressive :)

osu!droid is one of the main reasons I wanted a tablet lol
Edrows Luo
Hi, look here, it's the start of osu!droid!!!

can someone sort out the history of osu!droid?

i think osu!droid need a wiki page in osu!wiki
RockRoller

Edrows Luo wrote:

Hi, look here, it's the start of osu!droid!!!

can someone sort out the history of osu!droid?

i think osu!droid need a wiki page in osu!wiki
You should open an issue linking to this thread, instead of bumping threads that have been dead for years: https://github.com/ppy/osu-wiki/issues
show more