forum

Huion H420 is a rip off.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NeonVertice
So my Huion 420 graphics tablet, the one without hot keys, is in bad condition and the usb connector was wearing out, so I took it apart to re-solder the USB connector, much to my surprise, I found out that the Huion 420 actually has 3 fully functional hotkeys, that are only disabled by the plasic casing.

Topic Starter
NeonVertice
Nathan
10/10 genius ripoff
Kyno

sukiNathan wrote:

10/10 genius ripoff
this
Gumpy
I laughed
kouzuki_karen

sukiNathan wrote:

10/10 genius ripoff
Lach
The actual huion h420 has the buttons. The osu! tablet has a custom cover which covers the buttons because it's not used as a graphics tablet for literally anyone who purchases it

edit:lol they actually do offer a buttonless retail version. what.
Cocaine dog
I bought this tablet as a starter tablet.. Pen broke after like 2 months due to tightening to hard.. (wtf)
Kouya-

sukiNathan wrote:

10/10 genius ripoff
Omgod, I can't .
Ayachi Meme
weow huion ripped :p gonna beat their bum ;3
Nameless
I guess huion has been caught unless this entire thread is a troll (which I highly doubt)
Shohei Ohtani
y u man tho u got free buttons lmao
honey
Ive been fine with my huion tablet for months now o.o but the buttons on the pen are annoying af. im most likely going to get a wacom tablet tho just cause. also i want to start drawing so yeah
ac8129464363

Drake wrote:

Ive been fine with my huion tablet for months now o.o but the buttons on the pen are annoying af. im most likely going to get a wacom tablet tho just cause. also i want to start drawing so yeah
ok
konkarne_old
nice buttonz
Vuelo Eluko
careful or narrill is gonna come in and shit on all of you with his godly hdhr skills and wacom hate agenda
Topic Starter
NeonVertice
I plan on FINALLY getting another graphics tablet again, I'll probably get the same model and drill holes in the plastic to enable the buttons.
rendaru
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parasyche
what really? huion be trollin, but wait a minute wouldn't huion lose money by putting the buttons on the 420 even if it was covered up?
sangu

Parasyche wrote:

what really? huion be trollin, but wait a minute wouldn't huion lose money by putting the buttons on the 420 even if it was covered up?
TL DR: Not really, due to tooling cost and marketing... But mostly marketing
Long winded explanation below (tried to make it simple to the best of my abilities)
With each different model produced by a company there is a tooling cost. By combining product lines, they can reduce this cost. In this case, this is accomplished by using the same boards on both models, which includes the buttons. However, on the more expensive model, a drilling process is added to the manufacturing which adds time and cost.

Then you can add the marketing aspect to this.

Because the two products use almost identical processes and tooling, both would cost the company about the same to produce. However, by covering the buttons on one model, two consumer choices can be created. This choice can then be used to entice the consumer into paying extra for the more expensive product, thereby increasing their profit margin, while not risking any costs in the process. (ie, you can have these buttons for an extra 20$ or however much the difference is) This works because the average person is not likely to take apart their product to find that the two options are the same.
Yuudachi-kun
I care not about these buttons the 420 works great for me.
Mofu kun
play mouse
Gumpy

Bayly365 wrote:

I plan on FINALLY getting another graphics tablet again, I'll probably get the same model and drill holes in the plastic to enable the buttons.
you actually bumbed this thread...

Khelly wrote:

I care not about these buttons the 420 works great for me.
I never used them when I had mine.
primrose
get a wacom :D :D