forum

[Archived] Sudden death doesn't work in Taiko

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pelaaja_X
Problem Details:
When playing Taiko with SD mod and missing a note, failing does not occur but the song continues till the end, and then stops without leaving to the rank/score screen.

In the picture below, the song has ended, but the rank screen does not appear. :?: The chat can be opened, but the drums cannot be played.
The game is not stuck, there is just no command that would show the score screen. A player could wait for something to happen, which won't.

osu! version: 20141226.7 (latest)
Dazdy_old
I just tried to replicate this, missing a note caused the song to end as per normal.
- Marco -
intended, maybe?
Bara-
afaik, this is intended due to the way taiko works
You can only fail at the absolute end, and not earlier
You fail if you've missed to little notes
Kuro
That's not the case baraatje, you're supposed to fail immediately with SD in Taiko.

In response to the op,

This is an old bug and it's hard to replicate because it happens randomly. But occasionally if you miss, sometimes the song won't end and every miss thereafter will trigger the quote bubble in the Taiko skin, if you're using it, to be extremely large. Of course, this is also in addition to what you experienced as well.
Topic Starter
Pelaaja_X
Seems to happen randomly, yep, that's true. Idk what are the quote bubbles you are talking about.

And baraatje, the point was that I didn't fail as assumed. The song ended and then - nothing.
Tukkun_old
I managed to reproduce this 10 times. What I did was that I pressed both red and blue button at the same time. The same also applies to PERFECT mod, it just fails to work properly.

EDIT: Nevermind, that doesn't seem to be the cause.