forum

How to get FC more?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Kyou-nyan
Gotta love it when community just tells you to get good, or that AR 10 is too hard for me... Real helpful all.

Pretty sure AR is not the issue if I only miss 4 notes the whole map and have 90%+ accuracy. I'm asking if anyone else has has the issue of randomly dropping notes, and how they fixed that problem of consistency. Also no one ever said it was just AR 10 songs, just anything 4.5 star+ in general.

I guess some people can't handle a rank 60K being able to handle more difficult maps if they're here just to tell me my own rank.
notkris
play more and you will become more consistent

unless you're using a laser mouse
Topic Starter
Kyou-nyan

waisokris wrote:

Wait... are not all mouses laser these days o.o?
SomeLoli
I play with a wireless roller ball mouse vintage 1994.

I ware a wizards hat when I play though so that makes up for it
notkris

Kyou-nyan wrote:

waisokris wrote:

Wait... are not all mouses laser these days o.o?
All laser mice have inherent hardware acceleration/prediction. Granted it's usually less than 5% so most people don't notice it.

For guaranteed accuracy, you'll want a mouse with an optical sensor - which is what most FPS genre players swear by.

Here's a spreadsheet of some mice with flawless sensors: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... SmZcg/edit

It really shouldn't be an issue if you get used to a laser mouse - I was using one up until a week ago until the glue on its grips were falling off. Just know that they aren't exactly the best things for consistency.
Topic Starter
Kyou-nyan

SomeLoli wrote:

Dang, can you tell me where I can get one of these wizard hats? I don't think my mouse is a roller ball vintage, but I sit on a yoga ball while playing, which is pretty much the same thing.
Luna

Kyou-nyan wrote:

Pretty sure AR is not the issue if I only miss 4 notes the whole map and have 90%+ accuracy.
>implying 90% isn't terrible
Topic Starter
Kyou-nyan

Luna wrote:

Kyou-nyan wrote:

Pretty sure AR is not the issue if I only miss 4 notes the whole map and have 90%+ accuracy.
>implying 90% isn't terrible
Well...FC affects your score a lot more than accuracy does for any map with more then 10 notes. On top of that, you can FC a song while getting under 90% accuracy. Either way 90%+ is just a blanket statement and I don't see how you implying that "90% is terrible" is relevant to the question here.
silmarilen
you cant get better if you dont get the basics down, with such low playcount you just cant have the basics. mashing your way through 200bpm ar10 maps will never teach those things either.
go back to easier maps and learn to get good (98+) accuracy to get the right feeling in your fingers, then you can start playing harder maps (sort maps by difficulty and work your way up from the maps that you can get good (98+) acc on)
if you dont want to play ar9 because it feels too slow you're a lost case already.
Topic Starter
Kyou-nyan

silmarilen wrote:

you cant get better if you dont get the basics down, with such low playcount you just cant have the basics. mashing your way through 200bpm ar10 maps will never teach those things either.
go back to easier maps and learn to get good (98+) accuracy to get the right feeling in your fingers, then you can start playing harder maps (sort maps by difficulty and work your way up from the maps that you can get good (98+) acc on)
if you dont want to play ar9 because it feels too slow you're a lost case already.
Never said I cared about what AR I played at. Only gave that number to say I don't think that AR 10 being too fast is the reason I am having problems. Anyhow, I will try going back to some old songs.
SomeLoli

Kyou-nyan wrote:

SomeLoli wrote:

Dang, can you tell me where I can get one of these wizard hats? I don't think my mouse is a roller ball vintage, but I sit on a yoga ball while playing, which is pretty much the same thing.
I stole it off Ian Mckellens head, you can't have one
Yuudachi-kun
Play songs 300 times over until you FC them.
E m i
dead end my ass, you've barely even played the game. obviously playing more (a lot) will enable you to improve your consistency and aim in such a way that enables you to get random shitmisses on songs that theoretically should be very easy for you. i'd say 1 million more hits.
Yuudachi-kun

[ Momiji ] wrote:

dead end my ass, you've barely even played the game. obviously playing more (a lot) will enable you to improve your consistency and aim in such a way that enables you to get random shitmisses on songs that theoretically should be very easy for you. i'd say 1 million more hits.
Playcount-ist
ZenithPhantasm
Dont become an AR10 baka like me :C
D e s
you can always hr every map
Nakano Itsuki
Find maps you can fc at your own skill first

Then slowly raise the difficulty. (Or open NoFail :P)
quaternary
Miss less.
chainpullz
AR10 is a joke, CS5.2 is meh, but OD9.8 is a fucking bitch. If you aren't getting above 95% accuracy and the OD is less than 9 you are basically failing the map regardless of how difficult you think it is for you.
dung eater
to not miss stuff, concentrate on the movement of your cursor so you can spot exactly what you do wrong and then concentrate even more on that same movement you failed last time

if it's your tapping that causes the misses (fingers not doing what they should) then concentrate on that more

eat well drink water sleep play more

90% is really bad (od7/8, even 9 it usually implies problems with more than your accuracy), usually means you struggle with a lot of stuff in the map (be it tapping in rhytm or not making it in time to notes or just missing)
playing hard maps that you struggle to hit the notes is fine, but don't expect any peppy points from them
daikichi
i played for half a year and i'm still not stuck. probably cuase i play a shit ton which u need to do to improve.