forum

Nobuo Uematsu - Dancing Mad

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Corrderio
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, March 28, 2010 at 11:22:45 PM

Artist: Nobuo Uematsu
Title: Dancing Mad
Source: Final Fantasy VI
BPM: 260
Filesize: 2975kb
Play Time: 02:54
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.82 stars, 45 notes)
  2. Hard (1.18 stars, 146 notes)
  3. Normal (0.95 stars, 87 notes)
Download: Nobuo Uematsu - Dancing Mad
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is my first beatmap, so I hope I did everything okay.

Layout/Sliders are pretty bad and the beat might be a bit off, if you want to mod it by all means go ahead.

UPDATE: March 27th, 2010, 11:23 PM (CST)
-Added background, big thanks to Animus Krimson @ Deviant art for allowing me to use it
-Adjustments of placement of some beats in Normal/Hard
-Other minor things
Topic Starter
Corrderio
Ack! Noticed a few things I need to tweek in Hard mode. Also need to do something about the long delays due to HP draining. Not sure if a break would be a good idea or try to make markers.

Either way, I'll get that taken care of tomorrow with whatever else people find/adjust.
Topic Starter
Corrderio
After a night's rest I'm really starting to see how off I was on some makers....

Think I can get most of it fixed by tonight, however I still can't figure out what to do with the large gaps at the start of the song and better sliders/positioning on the beatmap.

Either way, found some notes that were in Easy/Normal, but missing in Hard.
Topic Starter
Corrderio
UPDATE: March 27th, 2010, 7:17 PM (CST)
-Added some breaks at the start to help with the large gaps, however something still seems to be missing
-Fixed distance on Normal/Hard
-Added some notes on Hard that were missing on Easy/Normal
-Adjusted difficulty for now, will tinker with once the beatmap is close to being done

Sliders still look pretty bleh and I think I relied on them too much, also something still seems off in the rhythm which I can't put my finger on, hoping someone who's more experienced in beatmaps can help me with that and the sliders.

Either way, think this will be my final edit til I get some feedback.
Topic Starter
Corrderio
UPDATE: March 28th, 2010, 11:23 PM (CST)
-Added background, big thanks to Animus Krimson @ Deviant art for allowing me to use it
-Adjustments of placement of some beats in Normal/Hard
-Other minor things
Guy-kun
Sorry, I tried but I really can't get the rhythm or anything of the song, your beats for most of the song seem randomly placed to random beats, you repeat patterns identiaclly which is a no-go for me, and just generally Idunno
Sorry, I'm not a mapper so I can't really help here, but as for modding :l Idunno

*not really constructive criticism
Topic Starter
Corrderio
NP, I tried to keep a steady rhythm on which is probably what screwed me up.

EDIT: Also, I'm starting to think the song itself isn't really beatmap material. There's so many parts where it seems like the only good choice is a slider which makes it pretty easy.
grashbar
You did a great job on this beatmap. Many of the beats were greatly placed.

But it was a little too easy, even for the hardest level.

Tell you what, Work some more on this beatmap, and you could maybe get it ranked!
Topic Starter
Corrderio
I might give it a shot in the future, right now I'm working on another beatmap when I can since right now TF2 and RL are keeping me fairly busy.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.