forum

[invalid] Spectating in web browser

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +5
Topic Starter
Kon
I am requesting that we can spectate players with a given link to their specific profile. This would basically be live gameplay that could be viewed from a link in your web browser. My reasoning behind this request is that some people play on computers that aren't powerful enough to live stream to a site like twitch.tv, so this would allow them to show their friends their live game.

Example Image
Here is an image i put together with some ideas (title and url) that could be used:

for anyone curious this is my chrome theme: http://www.themebeta.com/node/84321

This would seem to be a hard task, but it appears that osu! already uses this is spectating as it is currently. The only problem that i could see would be that to use the same spectating that the game uses, osu! would have to be re-created to work with web browsers. So i can only assume that peppy and his mastery of code could handle it.

That's about all i can think of to add about my request. However i will very likely think about more things to add so edits are very likely to occur when / if i come up with more ideas or changes to current requests.
peppy
Lol what.

You think people that have trouble watching a twitch stream are going to be able to run a web-based version of osu!?

A link could be added to open osu! itself and begin spectating the user, but it won't be in a browser.
Topic Starter
Kon

peppy wrote:

Lol what.

You think people that have trouble watching a twitch stream are going to be able to run a web-based version of osu!?

A link could be added to open osu! itself and begin spectating the user, but it won't be in a browser.
No arguing with that, but i still think it would be a pretty cool feature.
smoogipoo
I think it was more on the lines of people could spectate you from their browser without the player having to stream to twitch if their computer is bad, but I don't know if I agree with this idea even without considering all the technical aspects. I mean if you want people to spectate you, just tell them to open their game and spectate you?
Topic Starter
Kon

smoogipooo wrote:

I think it was more on the lines of people could spectate you from their browser without the player having to stream to twitch if their computer is bad, but I don't know if I agree with this idea even without considering all the technical aspects.
That sounds about like what i was getting at.

smoogiepooo wrote:

I mean if you want people to spectate you, just tell them to open their game and spectate you?
Right, but it would be easier for whoever would be watching to maintain access to their desktop or even play another game while still watching someone play osu! (Sounds stupid, i know but its and example.)
Shadowriver
I think for that the web browser version of Osu would need to be made first to make your idea true, and HTML5 is not good with precision audio game (or else something changed, i don't follow HTML5 and stuff around it recently). Maybe Silverlight version Osu would be something better, but i never used Silverlight so i'm not sure if it can handle it

Right, but it would be easier for whoever would be watching to maintain access to their desktop
This can be solved with window mode on lower resolution (which will make small window)