forum

Is finger speed genetic?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
ZenithPhantasm
Is it possible to recover completely from RSI?
I Give Up
It depends on the nature of the RSI. In rare casis it is permanent, sometimes chronic, usually can be fully recovered. Just do regular stretches, eat healthy, exercise and youll be fine.
Cozzzy
Finger speed is a combination of genetics, hard work and owning the osu!tablet.

srs time: I've been playing Stepmania since 2008, and I still struggle with even 200bpm streams on my left hand
Deathripi
Im asian and I cant stream 200+ bpm.

I wrong got genetiks.
Nakano Itsuki
I'm Asian and I can't singletap.
Bended genetics
xasuma
Maybe a little bit. But nothing that can't be overcome.

I used to stream maximum 160 bpm, no matter what I tried. Now I can go up to 220-240 for short times.
So it is something you can learn.
beeboy123
Yes it does make a difference but if you blame genetics on your lack of speed you are a faggot
[-Cloud-]
You can train speed, like everything else in this game.
I Give Up
Yes you can get faster. I struggle with 200bpm, I still struggle with 190bpm but not as much as 200bpm. Then there is that rare occasion where I clear one of the lapfoxed forever or fd4d streams with all 300's. It's a matter of building a little bit of muscle mass, strengthening tendons, and tons and TONS of practice.
Vuelo Eluko

[-Cloud-] wrote:

- Calendula -

[-Cloud-] wrote:

Topic Starter
ZenithPhantasm
I've been practicing but my speeds been decreasing and its been getting rather painful at times ;w;
Vuelo Eluko

[-Cloud-] wrote:

You can overtrain speed, like everything else in life
Topic Starter
ZenithPhantasm

Riince wrote:

[-Cloud-] wrote:

You can overtrain speed, like everything else in life
-_-
Yuudachi-kun
Most of my 100's are beacuse I hit too early; I'm going to blame this on playing 4D on autopilot 40 times trying to train streaming endurance. It was fun though.
Ekoro
couldn't even stream 180 when i joined (i remember mashing the full stream of Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu), now i can do that same stream kinda easily, stuck at 200 bpm though uwu
Vuelo Eluko

Ekoro wrote:

stuck at 200 bpm
goreshit - MATZcore [Lolicore] +HD (95.46%)
10 months ago

301pp
weighted 100% (301pp)
?!!?!!!???
Bweh
Maybe? My best advice would be to quit worrying about this as it would be, for the most part, irrelevant. You can't really determine the impact of genetics on finger speed unless you set out to make a scientific study for it, but I doubt you're interested in attaining the means and knowledge for that.

You might as well be spending your brain cells and time on something more productive.

Like practicing.

Or just having fun.
gregest
no,it's not,I can stream 200 bpm and my fingers are the fastest in the family
Musty
how can you tell that your fingers are the fastest of the family? lol
f i z i k
actually finger speed is to a degree genetic - but only for the start. people have a set of fast-twitch and slow-twitch muscle fibres, which amounts are differents for persons, and fast-twitching are basically the once for your speed while the others are for stamina. actually that is just a simplification applied to osu, this is a lot better when applied to stuff like running. anyways fast-twitching can be turned into slow-twitching but not the other way around, which means "sprinters are born and long-distance runners are trained".

but anyways, we're pressing fucking circles here, you can just train yourself to become as fast as anyone else, i guess until you hit your genetic limit will be at the very end of what others can do and you can still become the best without being the fastest >_>