forum

How to delete breaks?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EvianBubble
I accidentally put the breaks where the playing was supposed to be, but I can't find how to delete them. Help anyone, please? :)
LuigiHann
When you put notes there they should go away. Breaks are automatically placed (and non-removable) for gaps longer than 5 seconds, but anything less than that should be removable by right clicking the break on the timeline.
Topic Starter
EvianBubble

LuigiHann wrote:

When you put notes there they should go away. Breaks are automatically placed (and non-removable) for gaps longer than 5 seconds, but anything less than that should be removable by right clicking the break on the timeline.
Haha, silly me, thanks. They went away once I started placing beats XD.
Oh and also, how can I decrease file size for a video I want to put in the beatmap? It's currently 53MB ... :(
Glass
Rip the audio out and compress the video.
Topic Starter
EvianBubble

Glasslake wrote:

Rip the audio out and compress the video.
Sorry for being a newbie, but how do I do that? >_<
Glass
Use this.
Topic Starter
EvianBubble

Glasslake wrote:

Use this.
Okay thanks, I was able to take out the video. It's still 44MB though, how can I compress it? I've tried using Google but nothing seems to work >_<
Glass
That's weird, did you download an HQ video or something lol
Topic Starter
EvianBubble

Glasslake wrote:

That's weird, did you download an HQ video or something lol
I downloaded it off Youtube. I'm gonna try and find a smaller version of the video (hopefully). The size limit is 20MB right?
Corrderio
I don't think there's an actual limit, however that's the general goal you want the vid to be.
Topic Starter
EvianBubble
(I have so many questions and feel like such a newb, lol)
I changed the background to just a picture so I can mess with the video a bit, but it's kind of off centre. Is there a way for me to "zoom out" of the picture so that all of it fits onto the screen?
Corrderio
Osu! should resize and center the pic. Can you get a screenshot of what it looks like?
mm201
It sounds like the question is whether osu! can automatically crop your background image.

It can not. You must use an outside program to do this. Consider Paint.NET or The Gimp as free options.
Topic Starter
EvianBubble
I've uploaded the pictures - how it is now is okay, but I want to fit everyone onto the playing screen - I don't really like how it's cut off quite close to the people, I'd like to have them a bit more centred on the screen so there's a bit more room around the edges (and one of their heads is right up on the life bar, which just looks ugly to me).
If there's no way around it I guess it'll be fine, it's just a personal preference :P

RandomJibberish
Try with something like this

Topic Starter
EvianBubble
That's pretty good, thanks ^_^

EDIT: How can I add Kiai time? >_<