forum

Improve

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
benenati
Hi! I need to know how can i make myself better, because i feel like im not improving at all since 2 weeks. Streams, fast sliders or even fast doubles are problem for me. I think I move mouse fast, but the problem is tapping, i guess im lacking endurance. any advice except 'practice'? Sorry for english.
gregest
play more

EDIT:a little video that says the truth
Topic Starter
benenati
I play a lot already. But i mean what bms i can play: these that i cant pass (NF), tryharding maps that i can pass?
E m i
i don't even know you
but i know you are improving :)
edit: play a variety maps. maps that target several aspects of 'skill' (aim, reading, speed, accuracy...). maps of various mapping styles and of various difficulties. it's generally useless to play maps that are too easy, and potentially detrimental to play maps that are too hard.
Yuudachi-kun
Recently I've felt like I've stopped improving as well. It sucks, so I need to play a minimum of 1000 plays a day and you should too.
sayonara_sekai

benenati wrote:

i feel like im not improving at all since 2 weeks.

what
Topic Starter
benenati

phonics wrote:

benenati wrote:

i feel like im not improving at all since 2 weeks.

what
Its just rank, i just gained pp via playing 'easy' hard maps with AR8. that means nothing, i know many players that are more decent than me with lower rank
SomeLoli
Just keep playing a variety of challenging maps ;/

I would say play more, but I've tried that today and my arm is about to drop off.

Play less
Yuudachi-kun

SomeLoli wrote:

Just keep playing a variety of challenging maps ;/

I would say play more, but I've tried that today and my arm is about to drop off.

Play less
Less is more.
sayonara_sekai
i think you are severely overrating the skill of players at that rank if you really believe that. I dont know what you standard for "better" is but learning to FC consistently is a lot more beneficial than mashing Cs on hard maps or whatever those friends of yours do.
Topic Starter
benenati
guess i will just keep playing, like im used to
-sev

SomeLoli wrote:

8 hours a day erry day carpal tunnel here i come
chainpullz
Nobody gets good overnight. Just keep playing and it will happen eventually.

It's frustrating that some things in life are that way. Arguably most things in life are that way but it's hard to tell with things like academics because you spend ~40 hours a week for like 18 years of your life doing academic stuff (heavily approximated) so when you get to be an adult and you go to pick up another academic skill it doesn't usually seem that difficult. Maybe you know that kid who just seems like a prodigy at math. It's hard to say what is "natural talent" and what is the accumulation of spending 3 more hours a night thinking about math related things for 15 years.

With osu! we all pretty much have to start from scratch and it's not the type of learning people are used to so they freak the fuck out and think they aren't improving at a satisfactory rate. The people who do seem to improve faster tend to be the people who play 2-4x as much as other people and are really motivated to improve. This is all it really takes: staying motivated and playing more (of anything that isn't way outside your skill level).
Topic Starter
benenati
Thanks for exhausting answer chainpullz :] I will keep that in mind
ZenithPhantasm
Play. More. Very. Simple.
dung eater
practice things while playing more

if it's akward it's probably something you should learn
Dashesd
From personal experience, i also felt that my slow single tapping speed kept me from improving, but jsut recently started to tense my lower arm ( elbow to wrist not hand or fingers, as i found tensing my hand decreased my acc alot) and i could immediately single tab 20bpm faster .....which is huge. I can now comfortably single tap 200-210bpm when i was missing all over just a week ago.
Yuudachi-kun

Dashesd wrote:

From personal experience, i also felt that my slow single tapping speed kept me from improving, but jsut recently started to tense my lower arm ( elbow to wrist not hand or fingers, as i found tensing my hand decreased my acc alot) and i could immediately single tab 20bpm faster .....which is huge. I can now comfortably single tap 200-210bpm when i was missing all over just a week ago.
I just got 230 bpm trying this for streaming when I normally do 180-200. :)
winber1
for reference, let me show you what true improvement is:

Yuudachi-kun

winber1 wrote:

You're way better at this than me. :(
E m i

Kheldragar wrote:

winber1 wrote:

fucking d.m.c man, give me aim
Yuudachi-kun

[ Momiji ] wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

fucking d.m.c man, give me aim
Who needs accuracy? 100 all day.
E m i

Kheldragar wrote:

acc is overrated, i should know, check my top rank 8-)
chainpullz

winber1 wrote:

Your graph is so beautiful if I flip it upside down it doesn't make much a difference.
Yuudachi-kun

[ Momiji ] wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

acc is overrated, i should know, check my top rank 8-)
Yeah, you use MODS hahahohohohohoh
Strategas
Yeah, lets just ignore the 3 stickied posts about improving and make a new one.
And trust me, you are improving, at your rank it's so simple to get better, it seems weird to me that you would think you hit a wall. Say so when you are the same rank for months.
Kasiansan
Just find what you are bad at and try to improve that, like speed,aim,streams. ect. Dont worry to much have fun. Just look at my profile. been 50k for like 3 months lol.
I Give Up
I haven't improved since I started playing. Actually I haven't improved at all since the first time I started rhythm games. In fact, I haven't improved since before I was even born. I need advice on how to improve my advice about improving.
E m i

KukiMonster wrote:

I haven't improved since I started playing. Actually I haven't improved at all since the first time I started rhythm games. In fact, I haven't improved since before I was even born. I need advice on how to improve my advice about improving.

play more
SomeLoli

KukiMonster wrote:

throw money at whatever problems you have
Yuudachi-kun

SomeLoli wrote:

KukiMonster wrote:

throw money at whatever problems you have
I hear you can pay money for peppy points.