forum

What are the reasons that keep you into osu?

posted
Total Posts
show more
o x
Having friends to talk to everyday :) as well as wanting to help people (trying to be more active with it qwq)

Last year playing competitively kept me in osu, I played osu! competitively for 1 year, I am happy to where I got but it was very stressful so this year I am taking a break :D becoming more active on forums and in chat rather than focus on rank!

I guess I never get bored of osu! I might get bored of playing every now and then but I never get bored of the people and that's why I am still here :)
Red Moon
The fact that I'm almost on 4 digits :?
Steffen
My friends, the circle clicking, the community....and the addictiveness makes you unable to leave osu. But it's a great place though, so who can complain? /shrug
Softwarm
(osu!standard player here) I like making maps of songs that I like--it's pretty fun. Seeing what other cool representations of music come out of osu!standard's mapping community is really rewarding too, I find. While my understanding of music isn't necessarily enriched by this whole experience, I'd say that the sheer amount of creativity put into shaping a map to a song is worth keeping me here.
Deusieus
Dont know what to do, but for now trying to reach #1. Never hurts to dream.
yam_old_1
friends and speeeeeeeeeed

edit: i lied, i just use osu to make time go faster
Adorn
Definitely the forums and my everlasting dream of someday being a moderator.
snort
DLEnta258
The SS Dream
CCsP
The Strength/Stamina/Focus and Also for all The SSSSSSSS and more then that. Sorry if I go overboard here >.<
Nozhomi
Mapping

And mapping

And more mapping

Oh I forget sometimes modding too~
Obiwan
I want to get good.
Kyozoru
Because it's quite addictive, very addictive, and because I like anime :)
Eymi
I don't know ._. Because peppy said me "your here forever"
Makinakia
My Reasons:
  1. Multiplayer

1. Hot profile pictures of osu players (lolz)

1. anime anime anime

1. i liek the development of Osu

1. players (some)
CookieBite
shitmapping
Luqanted

DLEnta258 wrote:

The SS Dream
kojiira
- i wanted to improve my aim
- i like the songs
- to be like rrtyui/WWW/cookiezi/rafis/happystick (ps. i have a semi-shit aim)
- more things
Zangston
  1. It's fun
  2. There's a competitive element
  3. It helps train aim, which helps me play other games like League of Legends and CSGO
n0stamina
Music/Maps (that are beautiful)
Pituophis
I'm not even sure why anymore.
Amaineko
Thize
Friends I chat with and channels I am active in
HLT EKS
I like music and anime, and they are both on osu. Playing osu helps me escape reality, it also helps me relax.
P.S. I just really like anime and osu is making me its slave hahaha
zigizigiefe
I wanna be a mapper/nominator/global moderator/QAT Membe..oops,thats impossible.I just wanna be Nominator or Global Moderator.
My AngeI Amogus
lordscales91
Today I've returned to osu! after one year hiatus as this graph shows:

http://i.imgur.com/PmPICOX.png (I enlarged it a bit too much to embed it)

I don't remember exactly which was the reason of leaving, maybe I was too busy or I just got bored of playing the same songs over and over (and too lazy to look for new ones). However, what actually *forced* me to leave was my old mouse, with that mouse the cursor used to go on their own from time to time, which made it useless for osu! and nearly caused some problems on games like PayDay 2 (just imagine that you want to kill a cop and you shot a window instead. Alarm buzzes and heist failed. I was very close to that situation).

Today I've purchased a brand new headset and mouse and my return felt really nostalgic I should have purchased them before. All those songs that I almost forgot... Wonderful!

The motivation that made me discover and play this game for the first time is the same that keeps me playing it when I can, and it hasn't changed in all this time. I play osu! because it's a great opportunity to listen your favourite songs while enjoying a good game.

I really like to listen music, however, just listening music isn't enough for me. Some people close their eyes to enjoy the melody. I can't do that, it doesn't satisfies me to just listen it, but listening music as BGM while doing something else is ok. Actually, many people listen music while in the train, browsing the net, reading and many other activities. Sadly, here it is the cruel irony, there are only a few activities that I can combine with a background music. I can't listen it in the train because I want to save as much battery and mobile data as possible (and I don't have any ear plugs right now). I can't listen it while browsing the net nor reading an article because it distracts me...

In conclusion, osu! is one of the few activities that allows me to fully enjoy listening to music, and I'm very glad I can play it again.
LaryRose09
The game is fun, I find new music, and... well, friends lol.
Ilham
I love VSRG
Sashiro
  1. Music
  2. Friends
  3. It's really funny :3
  4. A way to improve acc and reaction time ^^
  5. Just a really nice Game! I would recommend it to anyone :D

This Game is the best Rythm game i know and it's really funny!
The Maps and the Modes (included Mods) are really funny and nice ^^
AchsanLovers
well, i still not have a ranked beatmap, and after i be a mapper make me have a lot of a friend.
it was fun and make me want more longer in this game :3
Comfy Slippers
ur mom
Achromalia
I enjoy playing, and I initially joined because I'm an artist and musician myself, but mostly I really enjoyed music and played piano, so a rhythm game like this really interested me.

As I played, I found some friends to play with, and I really liked the challenge of playing as mouse-only. I cant really play any browser games since my laptop system isn't compatible with the update on Adobe Flash. I did find out i could still play client games and I found this one from a video on Youtube. I wound up playing it and yeah.

I stay here mainly because I've still got a ways to go and theres a lot more I plan to do with this game as when mapping, it presents a canvas for creativity. Its cool. :3
Moonchai
I have no life, I'm a weeb, and I love these sorts of games.
teashoe
game is enjoy
Guy is around not
community is lit
Sentencings
Since I myself am an autistic person, I enjoy the sensory (visual and rhythm) and playfulness of the game. It helps me to calm down and exercise my fingers a little. Add that with a competitive online community and the game becomes a memorable magnum opus~!
Alucard
X
LEMEME123
Coz I have an osu addiction
Mashiiko
I play osu because I love this game xD
(and for songs)
HeiTCB16
Just gives me something to do whenever I get bored of other games. Plus like others said, it's a good way of finding new songs

And because the frustration of feeling like I'm not improving makes me come back to try and get better
wailord2700
Part of my adolescence
show more