forum

What are the reasons that keep you into osu?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Jarvis
maybe i can finally drop out of highschool to become a rhythm champion
ouranhshc
mapping is fun (sometimes).

and seeing peeps from back in the day
TopNep
Nothing better to do and can meet some friends :o
-Mystic
Get better at clicking circles and meet some important people to me c:
Tbh
Listening to music is fun :) so why not get carpel tunnel at the same time? \:D/
GAMI
d r u g
r
u
g
Rio-
I don't have any games beside osu!

jk, but I like osu! more than any games I have in my laptop tho'.
Surono
same tbh, and same with transparent word.,

other reason I love with music, or still with 1st point, or idk
AshbeII
challenges
mommyabyss
Because its so easy to jump in and play some. Dota is the other game I play, but sometimes I haven't got an hour to sit in one go. Also I can play osu! while my friends finish their current match - no commitment, best fun ever.

10/10 weeb shit
- Milhofo -
If I get tired of playing, I'll do some mapping, if that gets me tired I'll make a skin, if I get bored I'll watch a stream, and then repeat. I could have osu as my only game and never get tired, add the other games I play and I probably won't stop playing it ever ^^
abraker
Has so much potential. Arguably, Minecraft has/had ALOT of potential as well, but the ranking and competitiveness is what keeps me addicted to it. LOL has ranking and competitiveness as well, but I like osu!'s free-to-win model. Also other mmorpg's or whatever have the same maps and not enough player customization. As a result, I rarely play any game but osu!. I also invest my time and mind into osu!, which is more than what some players bargain for.
Endie-

abraker wrote:

Has so much potential. Arguably, Minecraft has/had ALOT of potential as well, but the ranking and competitiveness is what keeps me addicted to it. LOL has ranking and competitiveness as well, but I like osu!'s free-to-win model. Also other mmorpg's or whatever have the same maps and not enough player customization. As a result, I rarely play any game but osu!. I also invest my time and mind into osu!, which is more than what some players bargain for.
Amen.
LoL changed so much in the 4 years I played it. I didn't like all the changes that were made and therefore I quit. I was looking for something to replace LoL, and that was when I stumbled across osu!. It was love at first sight <3
Dextersydney
I just play for fun and competition, although the "competition" is not going to last long. Mainly because I just don't have time for it due to school....

- Milhofo - wrote:

If I get tired of playing, I'll do some mapping, if that gets me tired I'll make a skin, if I get bored I'll watch a stream, and then repeat. I could have osu as my only game and never get tired, add the other games I play and I probably won't stop playing it ever ^^
You should teach me how to make skin and map
Hyppyri
Music and trying to get good
Raediaufar
I love rhythm games since I was a kid and this game has numerous maps to play, even tho I don't like most music here
Fhaye
It's fun and my favorite songs are in it.
Kitsunex
Because one does not simply leave osu
a1l2d3r4e5d6

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

This game updates faster than what I can digest.
New songs every day!
Boy, this changed slightly.

Now, I have threads that I run (GFX and a forum game or two), as well as mutuals, I suppose. Not so much playing it or the songs in it anymore.
olivia272
Music and the fact that this is the only game that I play. More than anything, the social circle that I belong to in the community.
PLAYER WITH RSI
love the music
Tornado
Because its an absolutely diffrent game than any other game (my opinion).I have played 12 year long online games.I played them much because I enjoyed the game.But after all I didnt recommend it to any other people.But in Osu!,its not only fun because its a rhythm game that sometimes lets you feel that "you are the one" that sings/makes the "song" Its also because I"ve met lots of Loyal,Friendly,Nice people .Some of my mutual friends are like my brothers/sisters.Even when I talk to them,my daily stress vanishes and I start to smile.I was an annonymous on every single other game that no one even could recognize my gender.I barely talked with any other people (I am serious).But I am now a talkative person in here who likes to help people :D

Even if I dont play maps or dont chat with my friends; I just keep the game open for no reason.So I want to thank peppy for creating Osu! and thank to Andrea for being a part that let me start playing Osu! :)
-Akeno-
The feeling of FC'ing hardest map you ever did before is insane
Midori Tea
The availability of a rhythm game that's well-maintained and never runs out of content to play. Also, circles.
Arzenvald
bn stuff.. <w<
Jiroski_old
This awesome community~
Vexx
To one day be a living god like the top 100, pretty much
Asmodhe
Because osu is a funny music game with a great community, great players ( rrtyui the best ) and a kind peppy <3. 8-)
Anonymeister
For me, it's a mixture of the songs, the maps, the professionals, and the community that keeps me in.
Elsfeyth748
*Improving skills
*Improving rank
*IT'S FREAKING ADDICTIVE
*Spectating/Multiplaying with senpai :oops: :oops:
Toine
Just the fun multiplayer lobbies with people whom dont pick all the obvious maps, but rather try something else less known to the general community; also friends & specator mode so I can listen to some variety of music while cleaning my room or doing homework etc.
Dznutz
The songs/beatmaps that I find keep me interested in playing for fun. Basically to keep up the experience/skills that I have gained thus far.
I play multi once in a while and would like to participate in tourneys when I can, which is also for fun. Unlike other rhythm games, Osu has quite the selection/collection of songs which is a huge bonus. Plus I did buy a drawing table for it so I have to keep playing hahaha. Going off of that note, I recently bought an Osu tablet for a homie last week that I picked up two days ago as a gift. So I got another homie into the game to kick it with.
I used to go for ranks way back then, but now I just chill in the unranked beatmaps and improve old scores from way way back then (like turn my C's into B's or whatever I get at the end of the map).
Also seeing the top ranks/professionals play the "seemingly impossible maps".
N0thingSpecial
Cause it's one of the best FREE game to play when you have a crappy internet
SunriseSorrow
^ OMG IT"S OFFLINE.

as if that's not good enough, most of the anime songs one loves can be found here, and with the appropriate skill levels you can choose from,
one can enjoy their favourite music and click to the beat of it, feeling more mesmerized by the music itself.

it's a appreciation game for the ears, and after 5 years i still come back to it c:
KirmiShinigami
Because you cannot get out once you have completed your first beatmap. There is no way out.

Also I playing with friends here
officialkristv
Well ya know its like cocaine, once you try it you cant stop. Eventually it steals your life and nothing else matters.....
Surono

ajeemaniz wrote:

bn stuff.. <w<
sadly

me, life. okay.. breathing
Pawsu
I like contributing. Gives me something to do.
Rilene
clicking circles
hitting dons and kats
catching fruits
mashing keys
dying
Jiroski_old
Friends and sometimes nice soundtracks :P
show more