forum

Should i change my playstyle?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fard
When I started playing osu! I was only using mouse to tap, when maps got harder i started to play w/ keyboard, but only for streams. Keyboard seemed slow for me so i was still tapping with mouse. Now i got stuck for a long time at ~#19k and im not sure if i should keep playing like that. I can already fc maps like granat with mouse, but have big problems with spaced streams and alternating when its too fast to singletap.
Is this playstyle viable at long run? Are there any <#1k who are playing like that? Can you recommend me some maps that i can play to improve my left wrist?
my playstyle - http://youtu.be/Bd4RNLxHsIo?t=2m34s (bit old video but it shows perfectly how i play)
Sophia
Salochin stopped at rank 930, he plays pretty much like you do.

https://osu.ppy.sh/u/salochin
I Give Up
Mouse click players are more prone to rsi/cts, but if this isn't a problem for you then I see no reason to change. In terms of performance, you will gain nothing by changing your play style.
Crystallize
well, you have reasons to change your playstyle only if you are not confortable with it.
If you cant do some things with your playstyle,just practice,that way you will do it like a normal thing to you :)
Yakuyan
From what I can tell, your playstyle isn't bad, and usually most people's unique way of playing isn't bad. If you like that playstyle, stick to it and get better at using it. To improve your left wrist, just play songs that have considerably fast streams, triplets, doubles, or whatever because if you play slow songs, your left wrist isn't going to get better since your right hand is going to singletap everything. I can't suggest you any specific beatmaps, but most of the osu beatmaps out now can help you out. (If the song is slow, just DT it)
B1rd
You should change it if you want to use what's most effective.
Karuta-_old_1
nothing wrong with your playstyle but there might be a time where you will need to go full keyboard tapping or mouse tapping when streams and jumps go together
chainpullz

B1rd wrote:

You should change it if you want to use what's most effective.
While it seems theoretically inefficient, there aren't enough people playing with this style to make a good comparison. Keyboard for taps and mouse/tablet for cursor is the most popular style. Take that for whatever it says to you (and most people will draw the conclusion that this means it's the best style).
winber1
your playstyle is so shit that even a two legged dog with no eyes could play better than you
chainpullz

winber1 wrote:

your playstyle is so shit that even a two legged dog with no eyes could play better than you
Your post is so shit that even winber1 could post better than you. :P
E m i

chainpullz wrote:

winber1 wrote:

Your post is so shit that even winber1 could post better than you. :P
your logic is so flawed that even chainpullz can logificate better than you. :P
winber1
your weed is so unblazed even liquid nitrogen would freeze
SomeLoli
winber has win in his name so he cant be wrong
D e s
if stuck you should do something