forum

MiniVinyl 1.2 is on the way!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bloodymascarade

Be prepared for the next update of the the MLP themed Minimal skin, MiniVinyl!
1.2 Update features:
-Adding Taiko resources. Updating overall look.
All resources are designed for both 720 and 1080p displays. This skin is fully skinned from the grouping buttons to the hit overlay. No artifacts left over from element production, and made to be High Res on any display.

Updates:
-1.1 Newer, cleaner elements.
Minimal, lowkey hitsounds.
Menu Button Background has been updated with more substance!

Update 1.2: Coming Soon!

Screenshots

Video:

Download

I really hope you all enjoy!
Topic Starter
bloodymascarade
Be sure to let me know if anything is wrong or out of place!
deadbeat
mode-osu-small and mode-osu-med look rather....odd. any reason for it looking like that. they also look completely out of place since you didn't skin the rest. either skin them all, or leave as default
selection-mod-target is missing
menu-button-background is rather lacking. maybe try add something more to it?
maybe make pause-continue/try/back/restart/replay a bit smaller?
Topic Starter
bloodymascarade

deadbeat wrote:

mode-osu-small and mode-osu-med look rather....odd. any reason for it looking like that. they also look completely out of place since you didn't skin the rest. either skin them all, or leave as default
selection-mod-target is missing
menu-button-background is rather lacking. maybe try add something more to it?
maybe make pause-continue/try/back/restart/replay a bit smaller?
Thank you for your feedback. Since it's a minimalist skin, don't you think adding to the menu button will tear away from the appeal?
I plan on skinning the rest (mania, CtB, and Taiko) at a later time, that's why it's like that. In the meantime, I'll put up a version without that. I'll get right on the Target Practice, and make those buttons a bit smaller :3.
Topic Starter
bloodymascarade
MiniVinyl 1.1 Update coming soon! Be on the lookout for some cool new quirks with the 1.1 update, coming at the end of February @ 0000!
InkyPie
This is actually a really nice skin, i can't wait for the update <3 :)
Hiutsuri
I'd be willing to help and test if you'd like. I've been working to bring good pony skins to osu! for a little while. I only have one done atm, but I'm working on 3 more.

If you really want it to be minimalist, I'd recommend getting rid of the combobursts. I know they can be disabled, but it's better to just not include them if they aren't intended to be seen.

Next, I'm not sure that the theme works with minimalist. Considering that all of the minimalist skins end up looking pretty much the same... having a character theme kinda lessens what you can do with that character. Next, personally I don't think that trying to keep the playfield clean means that you shouldn't skin elements that are outside of play. (Like mod icons).

I have also found that keeping the sounds low key and minimal is better than including any that are over the top. That is just my opinion... and I'm new. So I'm not sure it means much.

Capt Spitfire
Topic Starter
bloodymascarade

zippygreen1 wrote:

Thanks! I appreciate that you like it!
Topic Starter
bloodymascarade

Capt Spitfire wrote:

I'd be willing to help and test if you'd like. I've been working to bring good pony skins to osu! for a little while. I only have one done atm, but I'm working on 3 more.

If you really want it to be minimalist, I'd recommend getting rid of the combobursts. I know they can be disabled, but it's better to just not include them if they aren't intended to be seen.

Next, I'm not sure that the theme works with minimalist. Considering that all of the minimalist skins end up looking pretty much the same... having a character theme kinda lessens what you can do with that character. Next, personally I don't think that trying to keep the playfield clean means that you shouldn't skin elements that are outside of play. (Like mod icons).

I have also found that keeping the sounds low key and minimal is better than including any that are over the top. That is just my opinion... and I'm new. So I'm not sure it means much.

Capt Spitfire
Points taken and I feel like I have addressed some of these issues in the 1.1 update. Thanks for the feedback!
Topic Starter
bloodymascarade
Sadly, the Taiko resources have been postponed. I am hand drawing them, which is the main reason they are taking so long. I hope everyone can be patient with me while I try and get it done as fast as possible. Thanks for understanding, everyone!
Topic Starter
bloodymascarade
Due to working 12 hour shifts almost daily, I have put the Taiko resources on a Hiatus. They will come when I have the time to draw them but for right now, I just... Can't. I would like everyone to be patient while the project is postponed ^~^ I PROMISE it'll get done!
Mahogany
Just wanted to say I was browsing earlier and really liked this skin but didn't wanna bump a 25-day old thread :D

Also IIRC the section-pass.mp3 is really quiet :/

That and the approach circle seemed far too dark for me, I could barely see it

...that's my feedback anyway. I love what you skinners do ^_^
Topic Starter
bloodymascarade

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Just wanted to say I was browsing earlier and really liked this skin but didn't wanna bump a 25-day old thread :D

Also IIRC the section-pass.mp3 is really quiet :/

That and the approach circle seemed far too dark for me, I could barely see it

...that's my feedback anyway. I love what you skinners do ^_^
Yeah. I don't know what's up with the approach circle, and I will get on it when I have some extra time. I was thinking of changing the section-pass.mp3 to something more minimalist anyway, so I guess that'll fix that.

Thank you so much for the feedback!
Mahogany
I kinda did a hack-ish fix on the section-pass to make it a bit louder. I can send it to you if you want.
Topic Starter
bloodymascarade
MiniVinyl is finally back from its hiatus!
Vuelo Eluko
not enough clop combobursts

8/10
Flutter_love

InkyPie wrote:

Topic Starter
bloodymascarade
Is anyone interested in an update?