forum

I wanna get better faster :)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Blaineros
Hey guys I'm Blaine, I was just wondering if any of you guys from the pro side of Osu! would please share any stories or put forth some good methods to getting better, faster :)

here's some background to help you narrow down your answers:

1. I play literally as much as i can, i dont do much else in fact since moneys tight right now, so PLAY MORE is literally impossible for me to achieve without quitting my job and stopping of all things i need to do around the house

2. I'm a pretty decent streamer i can do 5 star Mephisto pretty well.

3. my jumps are ok i do really well with patterns like stars and boxes; triangle shapes fucking murder me though

4. umm i think thats it other than im really open and appreciative of any advice i get :)

k thats all i will be eagerly waiting your replies
hope you all are having a very merry X-Mas

P.S. oh i forgot im a tablet/keyboard user
Kaitou Kid
I'm not from the "pro" side of osu! but here's my opinion.
Sorry to say but there is no faster way just keep going at your current pace. You seem to be doing alright!
Bauxe
The secret to getting better is not playing the game.

There is no fucking secret.
Nathan
Develop a circle fetish
FieryLight
I'm not pro either but I would say:
1) Play all types of maps (small circles, mostly streams, awkward rhythms, extra far jumps, low/high approach rate, etc.)
2) Play maps that you're pretty sure you can FC but need to retry a few times to get it.
3) Play maps you know you can pass but you're far from FC-ing.
3.5) When playing these maps, your goal is not to pass, your goal is to try everything. That awkward rhythm you just can't do without spamming? Try to do it properly anyway. The huge back and forth jump? Try to hit all the notes, not just the 2 you need to pass the section.
4) That's all I've got, I just wrote 4 to mirror your 4 which isn't actually a 4 =P

Gl!
Topic Starter
Blaineros
Thank you fiery :) much appreciated and to u asshole i know theres no fucking secret but how you practice DOES have an effect on how fast you grow. and thanks for the compliment :) im trying
ZenithPhantasm
I use an overtraining method to improve.
Suck at CS5? Play CS7 more.
Acc not good enough? Edit all maps to OD10.

TL;DR Focus on one aspect, master it, rinse and repeat. Also don't forget to work on the things you suck at.

Note: Do not attempt this method because it will not get you pp.
DahplA
Well he didn't say he wanted PP, that's a start :P.

But anyways, just like ZenithPhantasm said. If you want to improve, you'll have to be able to identify the skill you are lacking, and focus on those aspects. If you are able to do that for all of the different skills needed in osu, you will improve in no time. Also, make sure you keep playing maps that challenge you, or you will only delay your path to getting better.
xasuma
-Dont play too hard maps when you only get 8x.xx% on them.
-90% of the time play maps where you get 95+% accuracy.
-The other 10% of your time play maps where you get 90-94.99%.
-Forget about harder maps.
-Don't ever retry a map.
-Don't ever try to get top 50 on something.
-Don't try to get pp yet. It will come by itself.

And oh yeah, there are secrets.
I didnt get to where i am at in 8 months by just 'playing more' .

But I do play a lot, so play a lot too. <-- Very important one.

And dont get mad at the game, at least not too much. Stay calm while playing.
Any questions pm me in game, glhf.
I Give Up
Play more.
-sev
Play more™

Merry Cringemas.
Purple

xasuma wrote:

-Dont play too hard maps when you only get 8x.xx% on them.
-90% of the time play maps where you get 95+% accuracy.
-The other 10% of your time play maps where you get 90-94.99%.
-Forget about harder maps.
-Don't ever retry a map.
-Don't ever try to get top 50 on something.
-Don't try to get pp yet. It will come by itself.

And oh yeah, there are secrets.
I didnt get to where i am at in 8 months by just 'playing more' .

But I do play a lot, so play a lot too. &lt;-- Very important one.

And dont get mad at the game, at least not too much. Stay calm while playing.
Any questions pm me in game, glhf.

This pretty much neglects learning to play OD10, as it comes with a *lot* of retrying and enduring crappy accuracy starting out
SomeLoli
Err just keep playing. Don't keep playing the same map 400times to try and fc it. That time would of been better spent playing 100s of different maps with different patterns and shit. Not to mention it's more fun and you listen to different songs....
Yuudachi-kun
I want to get better faster too, but I don't have the stamina to make 1000 plays a day.
chainpullz

Bauxe wrote:

The secret to getting better is not playing the game.

There is no fucking secret.
Basically this. Playing stuff that is blatantly too hard for you is probably a waste of time though. You haven't played enough to have a good idea of what "too hard" is. Osu! isn't a game you can magically get better at. If you look at players who have hit rank 1k in under a year you'll likely find it's because they play a lot. If you aren't able/willing to play a lot either give up or stick it out.
winber1
as cookiezi, i would say that you need to post more; i learned really fast when i reached 1000 post count
based god lil b
play less... srs

i play once every few days
ZenithPhantasm

Actuary wrote:

play less... srs

i play once every few days

"Every few days"
E m i

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Actuary wrote:

play less... srs