forum

[added] Block Windows key in-game

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +77
Topic Starter
Neo Adonis
Do I need to give you more details? Oh, well...

Sometimes, when you do a bad click or press a wrong key (as the Windows key) while you're playing, the window get unfocused, but the game still runs. To avoid this, I suggest an automatic function that pauses the game when this happens. a way to block Windows key, as same as mouse is locked to the window, at least during gameplay.
0_o
So long as it doesn't do it during breaks, I support this.
Mismagius
Support, but, what happens on a multiplayer game?
0_o

Blue Dragon wrote:

Support, but, what happens on a multiplayer game?
It obviously wouldn't be applied for multiplayer.
varq
I have IM's and such all the time, and I wouldn't want to accidentally hit retry because of a pop up. People are going to kill me, but I say there be a toggle. :x
Derekku
The only problem is that MOST of the time, there would be a pause in the middle of a part which you would completely miss when you resume (e.g., a stream, jump, etc.). Plus, one's concentration would be broken.

Basically, it sounds like a good idea, but I don't think that it would work well.
peppy
If it's just the windows key, I can block that...
0_o

peppy wrote:

YES that would be awesome.
Topic Starter
Neo Adonis

peppy wrote:

Better than what I said before!!
ShaggoN
This happens to me sometimes, when I play Taiko. So block windows button? Yeah. Support that.
Yingwu

ShaggoN wrote:

This happens to me sometimes, when I play Taiko. So block windows button? Yeah. Support that.
I changed my taiko buttons to vbnm to avoid 1. my mouse pad and 2. the windows button.

But this sounds reasonable and other games have this as well so i'm supporting this.
Guy-kun
Simply block the windows key, support
awp
Re: Topic title, do not want.

I don't care if you block the windows key though. I should just write something to block my windows key whenever I'm playing any game. I don't want it popping up when I'm playing Starcraft or D2 either.
anonymous_old

awp wrote:

Re: Topic title, do not want.

I don't care if you block the windows key though. I should just write something to block my windows key whenever I'm playing any game. I don't want it popping up when I'm playing Starcraft or D2 either.
Have the Windows key reboot your computer.

You'll stop using it fast.

(Same with Caps Lock and other stuff like that.)
Matma Rex
Hey, I constantly use Windows+D to get to my browser while osu! is running. Don't break that D:
Intermezzo
Hey, I constantly use Windows+D to get to my browser while osu! is running. Don't break that D:
Not that you're going to do that while playing, right?
mm201

0_o wrote:

So long as it doesn't do it during breaks, I support this.
Same logic/flag as mouse capture. Problem solved.
Matma Rex

Intermezzo wrote:

Not that you're going to do that while playing, right?
Right. I'm just asking you not to break that while fixing a different issue :)
Glass
zxzxzxzxzxWINDOWSKEYzx FFFFFF-

I play on a laptop so the keys are pretty sensitive :/

slashSupport.
Kitsunemimi
I've had mixed feelings for the Windows key, since it often saves me from eternal damnation when full-screen games mess up while my computer's lagging like shit. And I don't use the z/x keys often either so I don't really hit the Windows key while playing.

But I can definitely see where this would be useful, and it wouldn't hurt to have something else that would prevent interrupting the game flow I guess <.< (always on top is annoying) Support nonetheless.
Topic Starter
Neo Adonis
OK... I don't know if this feature is easy to implement. If it is, why don't implement it? If don't, I can wait ^^

Remember: only block the key IN-GAME, not when you're on the menus or the game is paused.

BUMP!!!
Topic Starter
Neo Adonis
Will this have success? Let's try!

BUMP!
oddysea682
Support, but I dunno how it would work out
Zekira
Yes please,
especially since I use keys Ctrl-Alt, which is extremely close to Windows Key...

(yes I z/c and not z/x, my ifngers hate each other)
show more