forum

Final Fantasy X|V: Stormblood

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
deletemyaccount
I looked for an FFXIV thread but couldn't find one so here goes..

What server do you play on and what's your favourite class? Lets talk about the game!

You can try it here: http://www.ffxiv-freetrial.com/us/
Gumpy
White Mage and Bard on server Lich in the FC Serenity. Probably gonna wait for the expansion before I get serious about the game.
Luro II
I have a Bard on the Brynhildr server. I haven't played in a while though.

I was stuck playing the PS3 version, which was still really fun for a while, but it started getting to the point where I could barely do any end-game stuff because of the hardware limitations.

So I just kind of stopped playing until I could get a better PC/PS4. Funnily enough, I'm actually getting a new PC pretty soon, so hopefully I'll be able to start playing sometime soon.
Blaziken
V'apa Moha on moogle. This game takes up most of my time these days.
karterfreak
There's actually a fair amount of us (dkun / ephemeral / agnes / myself / etc.) that play FFXIV. We're all on Leviathan

Personally play a WHM, though use NIN/DRG/SMN on some older content to keep it interesting. Currently working on T13 (Final Coil of Bahamut - Turn 4) with my raid group on Leviathan, though I've been away for two weeks so I've missed out on loot and such.
a1l2d3r4e5d6
I miss this game. I've not played since last july. I think the last thing I was doing was progressing as a BRD (lvl. 12). I can't even remember which server I was on... T~T

I really want to play it again. It was the first FF game that I seriously played. Sadly, I can't find the time nor the money to keep playing it. I am considering of upgrading from PS3 to PS4 and continuing the game then in the near future.
Gumpy

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

I am considering of upgrading from PS3 to PS4 and continuing the game then in the near future.
Ps3 version can barely do endgame so that would be a good idea
JoichiroVens
I'm playing on Primal datacenter and Famfrit server. FC Order of the Rose (Dawn)

As far, my favourite classes are Monk and Black Mage <33333, but i wish to up a scholar someday..

ADDERS ROAR
Hidden-
I'm a Summoner main on the server Mateus, but due to the bad gear and raid condition they received at the release of final coil, I've switch to bard for my static progression, currently on T12 been with this static for a weeks and a half, I have a lot of level 50 class, actually love fishing and I am in a french FC that is pretty much the biggest french FC on our server(considering how small our server is, the FC is pretty small xD ) like about 200 persons :P .
Mogsy
Maining SCH on Hyperion.

Haven't played in about a week, but I'll be catching up this weekend. Gotta actually start coil progress/gear upgrades but my net seems to hate this game.
dkun

Tasha wrote:

There's actually a fair amount of us (dkun / ephemeral / agnes / myself / etc.) that play FFXIV. We're all on Leviathan

Personally play a WHM, though use NIN/DRG/SMN on some older content to keep it interesting. Currently working on T13 (Final Coil of Bahamut - Turn 4) with my raid group on Leviathan, though I've been away for two weeks so I've missed out on loot and such.
Hit us up if you're on Leviathan.

Can provide character names of most of us (there's quite of an osu! population on board).

ps: I think I've lost control of my life
Zerostarry
Started the free trial to see how the game is, will start on leviathan i guess :U
neurosis
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Gonna start playing this again when my exams and high school finishes. \o/

I'm gonna have fun again like last time! during the beta testing for ps3. :p

The adventures of Yuuki Nyan continues! xD
Zerostarry
levelling up lancer but idk, might switch in the future. I'm doing quests and fighting monsters at my level but i can't take on 2-3 at a time, idk if i'm bad or dumb or not supposed to be doing that, but i'm not used to this kind of combat (more actiony stuff like tera and wildstar im familiar with)
Gumpy

Princess wrote:

levelling up lancer but idk, might switch in the future.
When you reach level 10 you can switch to whatever class you want
dkun

emmy wrote:

i'm on marbolo ; ;
that's the "recommended" server for NA because it's such ass. I cry 4 u ;;;;;;
neurosis
Gumpy
Triple Triad is the greatest thing added to this game.
[Min]
I've played but my subbing ran out so I don't anymore. When I get a better graphics card maybe i'll continue it. I don't remember what server I was in :^(
exeNeko
i played alpha and beta but quit like 2 months after the release cause there was no content at all ._. ...
did they add lots of new stuff worth playing ? except from the gold saucer... which alone made me think about playing it again ^~^

i mean ... ff7 memories and triple triad was amazing in ff8... tho i liked the quadra -dont know the name anymore- thing card game of ff9 a bit better.
dkun

emmy wrote:

i wish i could server change. there's too many bad players

also i finished my silly zeta weapon
i'll foot the bill for it if you really want to. :)

exeNeko wrote:

i played alpha and beta but quit like 2 months after the release cause there was no content at all ._. ...
did they add lots of new stuff worth playing ? except from the gold saucer... which alone made me think about playing it again ^~^

i mean ... ff7 memories and triple triad was amazing in ff8... tho i liked the quadra -dont know the name anymore- thing card game of ff9 a bit better.
it's worth it if you're interested in playing the game again (with ARR being in).
Topic Starter
deletemyaccount
I play on Tonberry, Japanese datacentre.

It's the closest server to where I live but I still get like 200+ ping. dodging aoe is a nightmare Q_Q

Such is life in the land downunder.
Sylvaril
Playing on Balmung grinding stuff.
neurosis
dkun
I don't think I've ever posted this, but my FC hit its biggest milestone to date a few weeks ago.

emmy wrote:

exeNeko wrote:

there's a lot of content for returning players, but it's exhausted pretty quickly. tt and the golden saucer were implemented pretty poorly too but you might still enjoy them.
imo GS/TT was a big disappointment. the end-game content from ARR (2.0) to now isn't half bad, but as stated, is easily exhausted with a decent group of people willing to put time in. but if GS is the only thing that is giving you the incentive to come back, then prepare to be disappointed. they're promising a much more expansive GS with expansion, but alas. we're stuck with what we have now.

tl;dr - it doesn't hurt to check the game out again, there's quite a bit added in now and some QoL changes that you might like. gs/tt is a big turn-off for me at least. don't hold your breath!

emmy wrote:

dkun wrote:

i'll foot the bill for it if you really want to. :)
ahh that's really tempting!! unfortunately i couldn't convince any of my tiny fc to come with me.
offer's always on the table!
Gumpy
I would join the FC, but at the same time I found a really nice and helpfull one.
Sylvaril
Grats on the mansion! Sadly the item limit is kinda low to decorate it nicely. Me and a friend dropped money together and bought a medium house on balmung.. was kinda lucky since not a single house is left in any wards.
dkun

PandoraCS5 wrote:

Grats on the mansion! Sadly the item limit is kinda low to decorate it nicely. Me and a friend dropped money together and bought a medium house on balmung.. was kinda lucky since not a single house is left in any wards.
Thanks! This was originally our problem, but with some tricks from a few people, notably Ephemeral (thanks again, our house looks amazing because of you!), it actually looks like a fully furnished mansion. Who knew spare walling would've been so useful?

Gumpyyy wrote:

I would join the FC, but at the same time I found a really nice and helpfull one.
Aren't you on another server anyways? o_O
Gumpy

dkun wrote:

There isn't server transfer?
dkun

Gumpyyy wrote:

dkun wrote:

There isn't server transfer?
I took what you said as a "i'm already on leviathan" type of deal. sorry, haha
PatZar
3huge5me
SoftClean
Playing it on the Cerberus server. Warrior ilvl110 for the moment.
a1l2d3r4e5d6
I did the most stupid thing of leaving the free ps4 upgrade campaign until at a later date. I completely forgot about it and now it's too late... *facepalm*

Oh well, I guess I'll have to buy another copy of the game. ;~;
Some1
Just recently purchased FFXIV and so far enjoying it with myself. Currently on Leviathan server.
Takeshi Kida
best game..
Tadakichi
Ahh, Limsa Lominsa...
exeNeko

emmy wrote:

exeNeko wrote:

there's a lot of content for returning players, but it's exhausted pretty quickly. tt and the golden saucer were implemented pretty poorly too but you might still enjoy them.
sooo decided to come back to the game and am still enjoying it ... the amount of content added is phenomenal... i mean i played it for 2 months when it came out and quit (alpha and beta tester so the grind was real) and to see how much they added is rlly amazing... also the new addon being released in like 2 months is great ...
but u were right about the TT and the goldsaucer in general ... they didn do like a super good job on it, but i can deal with that... its decent over all... but the story as far as a story can go with an mmo is rlly good...

well nvm ^^ if u r playing on Odin feel free to add me @Fantzor Kami :)

PS.: 120Ninja 111Dragoon
neurosis
show more