forum

[Archived] Beatmap editor performance issues + dropdown UI problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yoges
Problem Details:
-After a while of mapping the editor starts to slow down. There is sometimes delay & stuttering when you try to play back through the notes you've placed in the compose tab. I've also noticed massive amounts of delay when testing a beatmap in the editor especially when leaving test mode to return to the editor. I might hit esc to adjust a few notes but then there is a black screen & the music still plays for a while before I finally get returned to the editor. This probably wont be an issue for those with tank gaming PCs but I'm on a laptop & repeatedly restarting osu to get the editor back to full performance (only way to stop it) can get quite annoying.

-There's also another small bug with the dropdown UI when you want to change the sample type of a note. I've linked a screen shot of the problem below. It's nothing major. You can still click on it but it just doesn't look pretty.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

http://puu.sh/dFeBg/78292df767.jpg

osu! version: b20141222.5
- Marco -
First problem is known btw
Bara-
1.)Go to options, and search for undo
Then disable the undo states
2.) I can confirm
Maybe you should do a small edit, and change 'sample', to 'sample type', or 'sampleset'
Topic Starter
Yoges

baraatje123 wrote:

1.)Go to options, and search for undo
Then disable the undo states
2.) I can confirm
Maybe you should do a small edit, and change 'sample', to 'sample type', or 'sampleset'
That's the first problem kind of solved for the moment. Thanks ^^