forum

[resolved] Local update ruins framerate (fixed on cutting-edge)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
piecevoyager
Problem Details:
When the update was released, I played for a while without updating, and the performance was fine. After restarting osu and applying the update, the framerate became horrible. If the feedback section of this update is anything to go by, others are having the same problem. Yes, I tried restarting the computer.

I play osu!mania on OpenGL with the 60 fps limit, because the DirectX option makes notes off-beat.

osu! version: b20141221.7
TheVileOne
This has been fixed.
Topic Starter
piecevoyager

TheVileOne wrote:

This has been fixed.
I've restarted osu again just now, twice, and it's the same.
TheVileOne
Fix is on cuttingedge.
Topic Starter
piecevoyager

TheVileOne wrote:

Fix is on cuttingedge.
I never knew about this option. Confirming fixed for me.
smoogipoo
Did you notice an increase in framerate moving to cutting edge over the previous stable release (the one that didn't lag) or is it about the same?
Topic Starter
piecevoyager

smoogipooo wrote:

Did you notice an increase in framerate moving to cutting edge over the previous stable release (the one that didn't lag) or is it about the same?
Unfortunately, I play with the 60 fps cap, so I wouldn't know if anything improved on the uncapped side.
smoogipoo
Awh :(
troke
its Fixed only Cutting-Edge?
smoogipoo
For now, please wait a while for the next stable release.
kawaiiasfcuk
It didn't help me. I have the same issue. So the only way to repair it is to wait for next update?
smoogipoo
The update is already out and users have already confirmed it's fixed for them. Just to make it clear, we're talking about osu!mania here.
kawaiiasfcuk
Oh. Im an standard mode osu player, and i have the same issue about fps drops. :v Can you do anything for me?
smoogipoo
Make a new thread about it. This one's for a fixed issue with o!m.