forum

Saddest Death? [Beware of Anime Spoilers]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Setsuna
So what do u guys think is the saddest death of all time?

It doesn't matter if it was a twisted death (getting eaten alive piece by piece or something) or a quick one, it just has to be sad.
It's YOUR opinion :)

My opinion

Saddest Death

SPOILER
Bols from Akame Ga Kill

SPOILER
Not only was his death sad, but in the manga the after effect was horrendous. His wife/daughter was raped/killed by Wild Star's fat clown. Hated him so much i didn't paid attention to his name.

This anime had so much deaths, and some were.... in my opinion... forced so that people can have an affection for the manga a.k.a read it more/tell friends about it.

BUT YEAH, i feel bad for Bols since he was pretty nice. I'de have to say that's the only death in the manga/anime that made me THINK of tearing up. That, Bulat, and Mine, but that's about it.
piruchan
Obligatory Nagisa's death do I have to type a reason for this?

And the protagonist from Angel Beats, forget his name. I don't know why, but it was really touching for me.
Raisha Millenia
1. Twelve and Nine's death from Zankyou no Terror. This death scene fucks me up
2. Otonashi Yuzuru's death from Angel Beats. Pathetic death.
Nathan
FMA:B
Nina's death was pretty depressing even though she didn't have much of a character
HaruryuuSan
Kikyo from Inuyasha. :3
Jindujun93
Meruem and Komugi from Hunter x Hunter (2011), as well as Nicholas D. Wolfwood from Trigun and Wolfgang Grimmer from Monster. That's pretty much it.
Topic Starter
Setsuna

Harumi wrote:

Kikyo from Inuyasha. :3

reminds me i need to watch Inuyasha
- Yuuto -
Chelsea, Mine from Akame ga kill
Kana from parasyte the maxim
Haruto from Copellion
Crystallize
Well,for me is Petra from Shingeki No Kyojin.
The posture she died was pretty weird ,but i was sad.
It made me cry when Levi saw her.
DarkShytov
SPOILER
1: Ikaros from Sora no Otoshimono (Even though she came back),
2: Senketsu from Kill la Kill (A little part of me died inside),
3: Chelsea from Akame ga Kill (I shipped.. She died.)
- Yuuto -
Oh yeah I forgot Ikaros and Kazane Hiyori from Sora no Otoshimono.
-Nya-
For me it definitely has to be Mami Tomoe from Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
Her death(s) was so sad!
La Volpe
Rider's death from Fate/Zero... o7
VShine
Spoiler
Nagisa's and Ushio's Death from Clannad After Story T-T
Hidden-
SPOILER
Lelouche from Code geass was pretty damn incredible, otherwise L from Death Note
Axiaan
1) Clannad Nagisa's and Ushio's death. <- First for a loooooooong time.
2) Mirai Nikki Yuno's death. <- But for someone, that is happy.
3) AngelBeats! Yui's death. <- I cried a lot. ;w;
4) Kyoukai no Kanata Kambara's death. <- Saaaad. ;w;
5) Ef - a tale of melodies Yuuko's death. <- Sad AND brutal death. ;w;

But some friend talk to me Code Geass has the saddest death of all anime, but I don't saw it and I don't like Meca-anime, so I would never know it. :p
And NO ! Clannad has the saddest death ! ;w; Ep 16 and 22.. Feel comes. ;w;
Green Platinum
Wouldn't say Code Geass was the saddest death but it's definitely one of the best 'martyrdoms' in anime.

Also not the only one I have issue with here so I'm not attacking anyone.
Hidden-

Axiaan wrote:

1) Clannad Nagisa's and Ushio's death. <- First for a loooooooong time.
2) AngelBeats! Yui's death. <- I cried a lot. ;w;

But some friend talk to me Code Geass has the saddest death of all anime, but I don't saw it and I don't like Meca-anime, so I would never know it. :p
And NO ! Clannad has the saddest death ! ;w; Ep 16 and 22.. Feel comes. ;w;
Those three, I couldn't agree more and Code Geass, I also hate Mecha Anime, this one being the only one I've watched but I swear, it's incredible, it's not really that you cries the death of the person, you more or less, you just feel a burst of emotion because you've been outplayed hard and you realized how incredible it is.
Axiaan
So, Code Geass isn't sad, but it's unexpected ?
If I have the time, I will see it, but I have many anime to watch, so it's not now I'm going to watch it.
Hidden-

Axiaan wrote:

If I have the time, I will see it, but I have many anime to watch, so it's not now I'm going to watch it.
It is kind of sad, but it's more like a confused kind of sad, while finally realizing everything :P !
Green Platinum

Axiaan wrote:

Well it's clearly not unexpected anymore.
The series makes it pretty obvious that the death has to happen to allow for progress hence a martyrdom it's about as sad as Light Yagami's death at the end of Deathnote since you accept justice has been done and symbolic like Utena'sdeath from Revolutionary girl Utena since that's how life has to return to normal.
Code Geass doesn't even feel like a Mecha anime anyway it's more like a battle of wits one where the military uses Mechas lol.

Surprised no one has mentioned a particular Gurren Lagann death.
Athrun
1. Gundam 00:Neil Dylandy's death
2. Sword Art Online:The death of Kirito's beloved sandwich