forum

Mouse: Laser or Deadthadder(Optical)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mikaela Hyakuya
Im gonna buy a mouse tomorrow, just wondering if i should buy a common laser Gaming mouse (thinking of any Razer with that 4g tech and double sensor) or a Deadthadder (i think is the only Optical mouse).
I also heard about the acceleration thing that many ppl don't like but i also would like to know if it is that noticeable. Thanks
ps: Im gonna buy Razer, i like their models, so no haterino <3
TakuMii
When looking for an accurate mouse, always go optical. Don't believe the DPI hype, as you should avoid ever going any higher than 2000. The only real benefit to laser is surface compatibility (but I'd recommend using a mousepad regardless of mouse, so that's a moot point).

And you should have plenty of options for mice with good optical sensors: Razer Deathadder/Abyssus, Steelseries Rival/Kana V3, Corsair M45, Roccat Kone Pure Military, Mionix Avior 7000/Naos 7000, Logitech G400/G400s/G302/G402/G502, Zowie FK1/FK2/FK2013/FK2014/AM/EC1 eVo/EC2 eVo, etc.
El Koko
Do not buy laser mice and do not use acceleration. tl;dr laser mice always have some acceleration, and acceleration is bad because it makes your aim mostly random and unprecise.

Go for optical.
I Give Up
Good sensor? Fits hand/grip?

If you answered 'no' to either of these questions then you might consider a different option, unless you're ok with something like this:
ZenithPhantasm
Im wondering if this post is a troll post. Its pretty obvious which is better had you done any research: Optical.
FieryLight

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Im wondering if this post is a troll post. Its pretty obvious which is better had you done any research: Optical.
Disregarding Z-axis issues, The Philip Twin Eye Laser Sensor is just as good if not better. OP clearly wrote "thinking of any Razer with that 4g tech and double sensor" so I'm pretty sure he'd done some research, lol.

@OP: Personally I'd say it doesn't matter as long as you don't lift the mouse but since you'll use the mouse for more than just osu, it might be a little annoying so I think DA. Also, yes, the acceleration is noticeable. You won't feel it right away but once you've gotten used to it not being there, it'll be hell using a mouse with acceleration.
ZenithPhantasm

FieryLight wrote:

Disregarding Z-axis issues, The Philip Twin Eye Laser Sensor is just as good if not better. OP clearly wrote "thinking of any Razer with that 4g tech and double sensor" so I'm pretty sure he'd done some research, lol.
First of all your first sentence makes no sense, I dont see how its better when its flawed lmfao. If OP had done a reasonable amount of research he would know that 4G sensor is nothing but marketing hype for their Razer Synapse software. If anything you're just as misinformed as the OP is. The Razer dual sensor mice don't use the Philip Twin Eye but rather a laser sensor equipped with an optical sensor for calibration. You're an idiot who has no clue what he's talking about. Good day.