forum

Good keyboards for someone with a low budget?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NWHM
Im currently using the keyboard that came with my PC, so it's kinda shit.

At the same time I don't exactly have the highest budget, so could anybody recommend a good keyboard, preferably a mechanical one that won't rape my wallet?

Out of curiosity are there any mechanical keypads like the orbweaver that would be cheaper than a mechanical keyboard? Any help I can get would be appreciated. Thanks.
Nameless
If you want a mechanical keyboard that's very basic and cheap, invest in the Cherry MX board 3.0. It costs about £50. You can get it with a variety of switches if you live outside the UK. In the UK you can only get it with MX reds.
Topic Starter
NWHM
Ok thanks friend, Ill look into it.
cheezstik
If your keyboard came with your computer, and your computer is from this decade, then chances are it's good enough to play osu. If you still insist on buying a mechanical kb, I'm pretty sure there are cheaper keyboards than cherry mx board.

Here are a couple examples of brands or models:
CM Quickfire Rapid (Probably cheapest and best)
Rosewill
Corsair k60
Ducky (Older series)
DeletedUser_3905941
if you're looking at those mech keypads, you can always get a leopold 210tp or w/e the number is called
DahplA
CM Storm Quickfire TK. Tenkeyless keyboard with LED for a decent price on amazon.com (may or may not ship to where you live)
Rosewill RK 8100 Gaming Keyboard. Non-Mechanical, but features Anti-Ghosting and Rubberised WASD and arrows as well as some pre-programmed buttons. The driver is kinda shitty though (I just don't use it, and leave it default).
ADESSO 22Key Mechanical Numberpad. Good for the price, but only comes in MX Blue.
SteelSeries 6GV2. I found it online at JB-Hi-Fi for around $80 in Australia. Otherwise, online you're looking for about $110.
Tt eSPORTS Poseidon Z Blue Switch Illuminated Keyboard. Looks alright to me, but what do I know. I'm just surfing amazon >.>
Razer BlackWidow. There are different options there for different prices.

If you only need it for osu, I'd recommend just trying to find a mechanical numberpad. Otherwise, I'd go with the Rosewill.
Nyxa

MintLatios wrote:

If you want a mechanical keyboard that's very basic and cheap, invest in the Cherry MX board 3.0. It costs about £50. You can get it with a variety of switches if you live outside the UK. In the UK you can only get it with MX reds.
I have this and it's worked perfectly so far. It was more expensive than that, though. Can't remember exactly how much.

If your budget is low and you only want it for osu!, get a keypad. Those are cheaper. Unless you want to use the mech for things other than osu! (they're good for anything really, it just depends on what you're comfortable with), in which case, go nuts.
dung eater

DahplA wrote:

keywords=mechanical+keyboardsl]SteelSeries 6GV2.[/url] I found it online at JB-Hi-Fi for around $80 in Australia. Otherwise, online you're looking for about $110.
I got that one, was the cheapest one in the store I looked for keyboards. ~80 € seems to be what the cheapest decent ones go for.
Topic Starter
NWHM
Thanks for all the replies, I managed to get a CM Storm Quickfire Pro for 50 dollars and it works great