forum

[duplicate] A "Song Beatmap Request" option or forum

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Bodokejk
I was looking on how to make a beatmap but it is hard for me to come up with a good beatmap so I started looking for a way to make a request then I saw that there is no forum or way to ask for a beatmap.
Aoko
If you want a song to be mapped, then map it yourself. Mappers are doing it for that sole reason, and not because someone told them to do so. This has already been addressed millions and millions of times, so please bear with it. Mappers have their own personal lives as well, and this sort of forum would be useless.
xasuma
Unless its a section where mappers can openly offer their "services" . Such as art requests over in the arts forum. Or so. .
Aoko
Maps aren't easily done unlike art requests. You could even see the struggles of the said threads in the said forum due to requests piling up and the result is that the requests would take too long to fulfill. Maps nowadays aren't easily ranked either, unless you're an expert mapper. Either school or work would get in the way as well. If this forum existed, requests would just keep coming, and the possibility of it even being created is 0.05%.

Again, it would be nearly impossible to manage.
Ayesha Altugle
There was somethink like this before, now it doesn't exist due to reasons
Topic Starter
Bodokejk
And for those who can't come up with a good map like me? And get all those "your map sucks".

I mean if you don't know how to draw doesn't mean that you can't try to say "Please if someone is interested in drawing "blah blah" for me I'd appreciate it. Thanks".

But anyways I guess that if everyone around here feels that way, you shouldn't say which beatmap is bad and which beatmap is good.

Now thanks for the answer, ignore this Request then. :D
deadbeat
here's the thing, what will it achieve. false hope? having an area for requests might give people a place to make requests, but that's it. it's not like it'll actually do much, it's not like people will be obliged to accept any of the requests. i still don't agree with something like this returning
xxdeathx
It's been said already, but mappers choose on their own accord what songs they want to make a map of and get it ranked. Mapping and the ranking process is a long, drawn out process that involves hours and weeks of effort, so it's extremely inconsiderate to expect someone to go through all this for any song other than one they decided on their own and are wholeheartedly engaged with. That means any song you could suggest to someone to map isn't gonna meet their standards.

If a song is really good or popular, chances are a decent mapper will have picked it up. If not, that just means it's not happening. Mappers don't always share the same song preferences as players, so there are plenty of discrepancies (see the absurdly high amount of Japanese music on osu).
Oinari-sama
How many of these threads do we need =.=

I'll take this opportunity to ask those who're happy to take such mapping requests to post in t/157872. This sort of discussion is only meaningful when there's ample supply of mappers to take the request.
Topic Starter
Bodokejk
Well then just change the name of it, call it "Beatmaps Suggestions" just add full data of the song or maybe the video link and let mappers do what they want but now they may have a place to see if there something cool to try and map.

Mappers are never forced to do what people like me (by that I mean we can't map correctly) want and there is no need but you guys can't deny that there are song that we would like to see mapped but no one maps it and if you try and it's not okay not even you would like to play it so maybe is not a popular song or whatever and now some mappers would be able to look it up and see if they want to try and map it.

Don't be closed minded and if it doesn't work, it's a section that people can either ignore or an admin could delete.