forum

Osu! Voice Servers

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Natsu Dragneel-_old
Few players(me being in it) has some issues with their FPS dropping intensively due to the CPU usage of skype(if the CPU goes too high, it can affect FPS performances), and nothing official has been yet made by Osu! itself or by the community from what I saw (I might be wrong here, but that's from what I saw of my searchs)

Today, I'm here to propose to open a Osu!TeamSpeak3 server, free to use by everyone and that could be stable. Me and a small team are Servers Hosters multiple servers department, and have the required licenses to host as much people as we'd need to for the Voice Server. One of our servers could handle about every online players at once(~10000 players online) on the TeamSpeak and this, without any fluency problem.

If you'd think the idea could be good, please reply to this post, any reply would be appreciated, and if there's a server I'm not aware of, just tell me about it so I can stay informed. For sure, I'll be looking often for potencial replies, but please understand we'll need the approbation of Osu in order to host an "official" TeamSpeak server for the Osu! Community, and enough of interested players in order to prepare every required licenses.

Thanks for reading!
Arnold0
Hi,

This could be nice but I think having a license for 10k people is total overkill. Many people don't have a microphone, or don't want to go on vocal servers, especialy when playing a rythm based game where people speaking might lower your focus to the song. However that's a nice idea I think, It could help breaking language barrer a bit (For exemple I often post on the forum, but the only oral conversations I ever had with the osu! community was on #french TS3 so it was in french but never in english.)
What I know is that there used to be a Ventrilo server, but I'm almost sure it is not up anymore, and was not realy popular back when it was still up.
If something like this show up, I'd actualy see it more as a way to discover people from many countrys, learning a bit about these, and having fun playing multi player while speaking with the community more than just having it to create private channels to reduce CPU usage, if you want to do that there is easy way to get free or realy cheap TS servers for a few people. (I'm not affected fromm these FPS drops too, but I know there is some because my sister and me played while on Skype, and she was saying me his game was lagging probably because of Skype, she have an 6 or maybe 7 years old PC, too)

I think if this is done, it would need a huge number of channels, because having channels for as many language as possible can be nice for people that can't speak english at all but would like to know more people of the community. Also if it's done, the links to it should be added in the game, so all people could easily know about it, not only the ones that go on the forum, which is a minority I think.

For people posting after me, if there is actualy already some vocal servers other than the #french TS, I'd like to get a link to the thread speaking about it, thanks.
Oinari-sama
I don't know how many server are still operating in this list, but there're a lot of privately hosted voice chat if you do a little search around the forum fyi.
MoonChow
No reason for a Osu teamspeak to be honest, last time I checked there was already one. :D
pixeldesu
Well, personally, I already host a 10k slot Mumble-server with friends, and I'd say that there's not that much need for a voice-server while playing osu!. You'd either mute yourself or be silent while playing since you have to concentrate, and meeting/talking with friends is also possible without a voice server in official levels.

With a community this big it'd require a group of moderators, etc. to keep everything in a good manner (for example, on the osu!Mumble, you have to contact an Admin/Mod to be able to speak).

And another thing, you want to make this something like an official Teamspeak server, and for everything in this terms you should probably contact peppy over email, or wait till he finds this thread and replies himself.
LinkPvP
I think thats a good idea. Like you can have kinda like Teamspeak but differnt. You're about to play a map, but there are people talking. The client or whatever it may be will automatically mute the audio from the chat room. I think something around those lines sounds amazing! Peppy pls :3
R e n g e
I think that is a very good idea, I support this project and look forward to its success ^^
Shohei Ohtani
Invest in a better computer so skype doesnt screw things up lol

But also, theres enough options that dont have to be integrated into the client to make this work, especially if its just with friends. I understand in games when you are forced to communicate with other people (such as shooting games and stuff), but this game doesnt require much interaction with others, much less with strangers.
Dargin
Half pointless half useful imo, I want to speak to other osu! players by voice, but if there were a teamspeak or something like that, it would provoke a lot of spamming and there aren't enough staff members to work with such a large community in such a small voice server. Idk tho, its all my opinion.
DENKOUSEKKA

DragonX611 wrote:

Half pointless half useful imo, I want to speak to other osu! players by voice, but if there were a teamspeak or something like that, it would provoke a lot of spamming and there aren't enough staff members to work with such a large community in such a small voice server. Idk tho, its all my opinion.
I mean, this is pretty old and I'm not sure he's even working on it anymore but I'm pretty sure some people are switching over to Discord