forum

When do you play at your best?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
a1l2d3r4e5d6
I've played this game for a year now, and I've learnt that my performance is not consistent. probably like the majority of the people here. Sometimes I'd fc a difficult map, and other times I'd fail doing maps with less than 2 stars difficulty.
I've also learnt that when I play at a certain time of the day night, I become very good: I become noticebly better at mouse control, timing, accuracy, etc.
Oddly enough, this is at the point of the night when I start to become sleepy, which is weird. I mean quicker reaction times than when I'm wide awake. Really?

Does anyone else here have that one 'optimum condition' where, for you, it feels like the game suddenly got easier and you feel like you could do anything?
-sev
Yes, my optimum condition is this: Don't think while I play.
Nathan
After some jumping jacks to get my brain oxygenated
Topic Starter
a1l2d3r4e5d6

sukiNathan wrote:

After some jumping jacks to get my brain oxygenated
That's... um... quite a unique way of reaching your best condition.

*rolls eyes*
DxNightwave
After I become extremely hungry, and at night : 3
Kouya-
When I don't feel like I'm getting my keyboard greasy .

Or like, after I've washed my face/hands .

Feelin' Fresh like Febreeze ~
Cayman
z
Dracool_old_1
Warm up songs are real and exist for a reason. You can't go straight into osu and S that song you did surprisingly well at yesterday.
Vuelo Eluko
When i dont care or think about getting a good score. My current top play was a random play i did while talking with a friend over skype, and then right at the end i realized what i was doing and ended up missing 22x combo before the end and got a bunch of 100's. Regardless, it still became my highest weighted play by a mile. Had I not broken focus, I'd be looking at nearly 200 pp...

That's the best thing you can do really, is not think/care about it. Easier said than done though.
co-2_old
I do my best when I'm playing multiplayer matches because I push myself to get 1st place more.
fieryrage
When I don't try to get ranks and instead just try to get pp.
Nutella

fieryrage wrote:

When I don't try to get ranks and instead just try to get pp.
What...? That's the same thing...

Anyways, I play my best when I don't suck at this game which is never anymore.
Varetyr
random skill bursts
Kemdo
When I wake up really early in the morning ;D
Yonaton
When i'm not tired. So never.
Eddy EX
When the three suns are alligned in front of each other
A very rare occurance
xGx

piruchan

Kaienyuu wrote:

Yes, my optimum condition is this: Don't think while I play.
And I think being hungry improve my performance a bit.
[Bystander]
After playing for a while or after a coffee
Pokemonsilph
I only ever strive to do good when it's a really catchy song or I'm so close to being first, and I just can't get it yet...
NintendoFan05
Always have.
Rio-
When I love It~
- Milhofo -
It's completely random, hence why when I get a good score I spend the next 2 hours trying to get scores, because I know I got into my hot zone.

A lot of my top scores are 2-3 hours apart just because of that, then I have days to weeks without getting scores again, then repeat..
Vuelo Eluko

Milhofo wrote:

A lot of my top scores are 2-3 hours apart just because of that, then I have days to weeks without getting scores again, then repeat..
cos yu need to play more and it wont be weeks apart
daikichi
after i shower play like super saiyan
Koufuku
when i'm offline

..or pissed off
Black Wolf159
When I hold the mouse good, like 1 day for month.
show more