forum

Edgeworth gets his own game, move over Phoenix!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
hunnykilla
It seems Capcom is making a prequel for Phoenix Wright called Gyakuten Kenji, Kenji meaning prosecutor, aka Perfect Prosecutor. The gameplay is supposedly different, meaning no court trials but walking around, gathering evidence, and investigating crime scenes with Dick Gumshoe. Even though its not like Phoenix Wright this seems exciting!

Source:http://kotaku.com/377663/phoenix-wright-spin+off-features-walking
peppy
I would translate most of this, except most of what is said is better explained by just looking at the screenshots..

So its an adventure/suspense game, called Gyakuten Kenji (Turnabout Prosecutor) which features Edgeworth in his early years. The game will play primarily at the crime scenes, where you will carry out investigations to find left-over evidence and contradictions, and fight intense battles alongside the genious prosecutor edgeworth.

They are pimping the fact that characters move around the screen, and have cool animations. There doesn't seem to be any court scenes mentioned in the text, so I guess we'll have to wait to find out about that.

The rest of the text is just crap about how cool gyakuten series' character designs are, and the fact you can walk around.
awp
Walking in a videogame

I am looking forward to that!
Mr. Am/Pm
Miles Edgeworth - Ace Prosecutor

naisu, can't wait, specially when somebody is GS/PW(AJ) series fan :D
Cecilthemos
Can't wait for this, I hope there are a few courtroom moments, I mean he IS a prosecutor, he can't just investigate.
peppy
It also clearly states that it is NOT part of the saiban (courtroom) project, so I wouldn't keep your hopes up :?.
rtsmarty

peppy wrote:

There was nothing about him being a prosecutor, so I guess at this point in time he was only a detective. It also clearly states that it is NOT part of the saiban (courtroom) project, so I wouldn't keep your hopes up :?.
He became a prosecutor when he was 20. And his attire suggests he's older than that (see: 3-4 clothes). Not that clothes are a huge giveaway to age, but still.

Also uh, I don't know Japanese myself but most places appear to be translating Kenji as "Prosecutor". :s Not Detective.
peppy
Oh, now I feel stupid. Indeed the title is "kenji", which means prosecutor.

For some reason I had it in my head that kenji was detective, when its actually keiji. Sorry guys :?
Topic Starter
hunnykilla
Website has been up for some days, no goods yet but check it out if you wanna see edgeworth.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/kenji/
Topic Starter
hunnykilla
omg i wish i was there, also some trailers in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGpgGfz2 ... anboy.com/
Potestas
I knew it since the news came out on Court-records.net.
I still think it's one of the best things capcom can do to feed their fans. (Me, for instance.)
VigorBalloon
Jamming things in the infinite pockets of a finger-pointing doily who decides to give up finger-pointing for running around without cool science? Seems like fun...sorta...
Kuronus
Well From What I Am being told, It will take place Around the same time as "T&T" So I think This is going to offer a story of "What happend to edgeworth" I can't wait myself, I have been a fan from the start and a game is not all about gameplay, I love the story and I would buy it just for that if that is all it had, But I think it will be really interesting.
IplayEBA
Oh yeah, and while they're at it, make a Klavier Gavin game! In a courtroom! Or Diego Armando! No, the problem with him is he'll most certainly start off after he's poisoned, so he'll never see drops of blood on bits of paper.

Phoenix:look at this paper! there's blood!
OBJECTION!
press select to deactivate strange glasses-
Armando:I don't see any blood!
HOLD IT!
Phoenix:I just saw your strange glasses deactivate!
Judge:What the hell?
Phoenix:(Points to player) And I saw YOU press select!
Jury:murmermurmermurmer
BANG!
Judge:ORDER!
Maya:How did you know that?
Phoenix:It was a lucky gamble.
Maya:Oh, you're so modest!
Phoenix:No seriously, it was.
Judge:The court requests you keep your glasses on, Armando!
penalty...
Armando:Crud! I need coffee. Touch the touch screen would ya?
... No, I don't see it happening. Shame really.
Not the touch-screen coffee, the whole Armando game.
Mogsy

IplayEBA wrote:

Oh yeah, and while they're at it, make a Klavier Gavin game! In a courtroom! Or Diego Armando! No, the problem with him is he'll most certainly start off after he's poisoned, so he'll never see drops of blood on bits of paper.

<stuff>
Please don't spoil shit. >: I, for one, am still playing T&T (I've been too into this, TWEWY, and Pokemon, sue me).

Also, I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully it makes it over here. >:
awp

Mogsworth wrote:

I didn't realize Capcom shipped internationally to Ivalice.
Mogsy

awp wrote:

Mogsworth wrote:

I didn't realize Capcom shipped internationally to Ivalice.
How do you think I got Dead Rising? >: Zombies are much easier to kill in Ivalice, though.
awp
There are no Phoenix Down vending machines in that mall though huh
lukewarmholiday
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Mogsy

awp wrote:

There are no Phoenix Down vending machines in that mall though huh
That's probably why I keep dying.

Anyways, I'm reserving this as soon as it's announced for over here.