forum

Osu Music Library

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Dayanto
Released a quick fix for some issues in the last version.

Changes:
  1. Changed: Clicking on any blank space in the song list now deselects everything.
  2. Fixed: Drag & drop only picked up a single page at a time.
  3. Fixed: Renaming categories didn't update their names in the context menus.
  4. Fixed: Warnings messages weren't being shown when dropping things on the queue.
  5. Fixed: Adding songs to a category didn't refresh what songs it says that it belongs to.
You are the best :3
Thanks! :)
Also, it seems i cant use my keyboard media keys even though you said i could :s Using logitech k400r
That's odd...

- What version of Windows are you running?

- Do the media keys work in other applications? (Windows Media Player, Spotify, etc.)

I tried a couple of different keyboards. Two of them worked like they should while one failed. The one that failed however was an older keyboard that couldn't use the media keys in any other programs either. (That's the reason I'm wondering about that)

I prepared a debug build that you could try. It's more or less the same as the one I just released except it also has a command line window where you'll be able to see any keys that the program is able to pick up. If you could try a couple of keys and tell me what shows up and what doesn't, that would be great.

Note: The debug build likely runs much slower than the regular version, so I can't recommend using it for anything besides testing.
Yonaton
Also, it seems i cant use my keyboard media keys even though you said i could :s Using logitech k400r
That's odd...
- What version of Windows are you running?

- Do the media keys work in other applications? (Windows Media Player, Spotify, etc.)

I tried a couple of different keyboards. Two of them worked like they should while one failed. The one that failed however was an older keyboard that couldn't use the media keys in any other programs either. (That's the reason I'm wondering about that)

I prepared a debug build that you could try. It's more or less the same as the one I just released except it also has a command line window where you'll be able to see any keys that the program is able to pick up. If you could try a couple of keys and tell me what shows up and what doesn't, that would be great.

Note: The debug build likely runs much slower than the regular version, so I can't recommend using it for anything besides testing.
I am running windows 7

The media keys work in windows media player and itunes, which are the ones i have

When i click the function keys for media and media alone nothing appears in command prompt, All other function keys appear, I will try to use my google-fu to try to find about these media keys, also this may be the case with all logitech keyboards since they all use the same software

EDIT: back from my google-fu, I have discovered Logitech keyboards dont like making key bindings and you must add the program manually in the programs .ini. Thats all done but there is no key that i can bind it to that will Go back/Pause-play/Skip because your program doesnt have one as far as i know, maybe make the f1 f2 and f3 keys do that?
EDIT2: i give up -_- the f keys are hard to bind, Logitechs software,setpoint, is hard to configure, Im just gonna get a corsair k70 :s
Topic Starter
Dayanto

coolyc3 wrote:

EDIT: back from my google-fu, I have discovered Logitech keyboards dont like making key bindings and you must add the program manually in the programs .ini. Thats all done but there is no key that i can bind it to that will Go back/Pause-play/Skip because your program doesnt have one as far as i know, maybe make the f1 f2 and f3 keys do that?
EDIT2: i give up -_- the f keys are hard to bind, Logitechs software,setpoint, is hard to configure, Im just gonna get a corsair k70 :s
Well, I could easily add a config file for the key bindings if that would help. Do you think it's worth a try?
Yonaton

Dayanto wrote:

coolyc3 wrote:

Well, I could easily add a config file for the key bindings if that would help. Do you think it's worth a try?
Nothing to lose
Topic Starter
Dayanto
Here's a version with key bindings. Instructions are in the config file.
Shariele
Awesome software! I like it! Keep up the good work, if I find any bugs I´ll report it as best as I can to help!
[ kenon ]
nice software xD i like it
go ahead x3
Avishay
I've been looking for something like this for a while, thanks!!
I have just one thing I disliked, why there's no option to change the audio level in the program itself? I dislike using the Volume Mixer from Windows.
Topic Starter
Dayanto

Avishay wrote:

I have just one thing I disliked, why there's no option to change the audio level in the program itself? I dislike using the Volume Mixer from Windows.
Sure, I can add that. :) I'll get to it when I have time, have an exam tomorrow.
Avishay

Dayanto wrote:

Avishay wrote:

Sure, I can add that. :) I'll get to it when I have time, have an exam tomorrow.
Cool!
I have 2 more suggestions:
[list]
[*] Ignore / delete duplicates, by either song and author name (+length maybe?)
[*] Exporting all of the .mp3 (or selected ones) to one folder

Both of those will be very handy, thanks!
Topic Starter
Dayanto
A new update is out! :)

Done! ^^

This one is a bit tricky for technical reasons. I might do something like this later, but I won't promise anything. For now, you can choose whether to filter out songs that have the exact same title and artist when exporting song files, if that helps.

Changes:
  1. Added: Volume slider in the settings
  2. Added: Export song files from the context menu (right-click)
  3. Added: Keybindings for the media keys
  4. Fixed: Only one instance of the program is now allowed to run at a time to avoid fighting over save files.
  5. Fixed: Only one settings window can now be open at a time. Trying to open a second will instead focus the one that's already open.
Avishay

Dayanto wrote:

Done! ^^

This one is a bit tricky for technical reasons. I might do something like this later, but I won't promise anything. For now, you can choose whether to filter out songs that have the exact same title and artist when exporting song files, if that helps.

Changes:
  4. Fixed: Only one instance of the program is now allowed to run at a time to avoid fighting over save files.
  5. Fixed: Only one settings window can now be open at a time. Trying to open a second will instead focus the one that's already open.
I love you!
I am going on a trip soon and it will be very handy <3
DahplA
Holy shit this is so good. Now I don't have to open osu to listen to my osu music :D Although I would like to say one thing. The music player starts to lag when scrolling up and down (using the scroll bar, mouse scroll is fine) or searching because of the amount of beatmaps I have. Not sure if you will fix this soon or something, but good job.
Yonaton

Dayanto wrote:

Done! ^^

Changes:
Let me export 2000 songs, what could go wrong ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Alot. Alot can go wrong.
But nothing did go wrong
Props to you sir
Pawsu
great project.
i'm smitten by all the amazing projects that come from this game, they're all so good
eadan97
Excellent job!, I loved it... just had a little problem with the installation path, but I think it was my fault (had to change the code).
Ladybugman
Wow, this is really nice. Good work! :D
rayorlana
Great work! Been looking for something to play my osu music without running osu. Thanks :)
Det
Can you make a option to export all the songs ? one by one takes too long :(
Idocrase Daru
My goodness, this is excellent work, and I feel no shame at bringing this thread back from the dead. <3
MikeSoes
Thank you so much. Really appreciate this ^_^
Jovial_old_1
This is super cool, So its basically so you can make a playlist of what songs you want for online instead of scrolling through everything?