forum

I'm sick of Christmas already v_v

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vuelo Eluko

Kaetwo wrote:

especially for those who work at retail. more work for you during christmas :/
i dont work in retail anymore but i used to and since i know what its like ive developed good habits in stores now like putting things back where i found them not just on the nearest shelf if i change my mind, and picking products up off the floor and putting them back just because I know it helps a little bit with all the bullshit those guys go through.

Meanwhile, uncaring mothers still letting their little shits tear things off shelves and scream...
Gumpy
Having to travel during christmas is the worst.
Sey
Having holidays during Christmas is cool. And we barely find moments in a year when the whole family is together, so I do enjoy it. And I will also see other very close people on 25th/26th of December, so I can't wait for that.
Dazdy_old
I'm all for it for the new menu intro song.
Applesan92
You're missing the point of Christmas. For most people this is a holiday where you get together with your family and spend some quality time.
I myself am an atheist, yet I still celebrate every holiday my family celebrates and since they are orthodox that'd be Christmas/Easter/ Name days etc.

Try to enjoy your time with the family, the good food, cozy and warm home. Just relax and have a good time.
Ananda
Christmas is love.
I like when on Christmas Day i'm go holiday with my couple :P
Kouya-
All these holidays are honestly nothing really special to me as I grow older .

Seriously, how am I not excited for any of the holidays we had so far >~>
Shohei Ohtani
It's because your edginess is growing as you get older

Soon you'll be so edgy that you'll go on Facebook and be like "Holidays are meaningless.

Christopher Colombus was an asshole."
co-2_old
Christmas is great for the free shit, but I don't like seeing it everywhere by August or September.
thelewa

Applesan92 wrote:

You're missing the point of Christmas. For most people this is a holiday where you get together with your family and spend some quality time.
I myself am an atheist, yet I still celebrate every holiday my family celebrates and since they are orthodox that'd be Christmas/Easter/ Name days etc.

Try to enjoy your time with the family, the good food, cozy and warm home. Just relax and have a good time.
you have to remember that not everyone is on good terms with their family
kaetwo

thelewa wrote:

you have to remember that not everyone is on good terms with their family
so then you have friends

but you then also remember, your friends all have families too

*cri*
Insyni
I would love Christmas if presets, family, and friends were factored out. Everything else is wonderful.

Christmas just reminds me of how poor I am because I can't afford the gifts I'm expected to give.
-Nya-
Is no-one going to mention that on Christmas we celebrate the birth of Jesus?
Marcin

-Nya- wrote:

So... that's why I got money

interesting
-Nya-
What? I don't understand what you mean
FoundCape
Jesus be pimpin'
Giving me cash $$$$
-Nya-
Uuuhhhh . . . are we talking about the same Jesus here?
FoundCape
Not sure
-Nya-
Hopefully not
HaruryuuSan
You get a free holiday then

stfu
Azern
Well, I'm not talking here as a racist but....
Me too feel the same as the TS feel.
I'm not a christ, and in my religion we are forbid to celebrate other religion's holy day. So... at least, give us the button to switch off the christmas theme in osu!
That won't taking to long to write isn't?
It should be about 10 to 35 at most for lines it consume.
Granger

Riince wrote:

Kaetwo wrote:

especially for those who work at retail. more work for you during christmas :/
i dont work in retail anymore but i used to and since i know what its like ive developed good habits in stores now like putting things back where i found them not just on the nearest shelf if i change my mind, and picking products up off the floor and putting them back just because I know it helps a little bit with all the bullshit those guys go through.

Meanwhile, uncaring mothers still letting their little shits tear things off shelves and scream...
Where do you live that people pick up stuff and just put it into a different shelf when they decide they dont want to buy it afterall? Oh right, USA, nevermind.
God bless Walmart employees.

-Nya- wrote:

Many holyday's religious history has been forgotten/became unimportant. Its a toy of the captialism now.
I wonder how many people even know that Halloween isnt a christian holyday at all, and that it was meant to scare evil spirits away, not this trick or threat bull.
silmarilen
christmas is just a bunch of holidays put together, they just put the tag birth of jesus on it to make it more christian
Ceph23
Free holiday man. No school or work(in some cases).
I really can't see any downside to this. Unless you're some cheepskate or you're alone in Christmas.
Marcin

-Nya- wrote:

I was pulling a joke about what Granger just explained

Granger wrote:

Many holyday's religious history has been forgotten/became unimportant. Its a toy of the captialism now.
VoidnOwO
:oops:
Jordan

IppE wrote:

capitalism, ho!
I don't see anything bad about capitalism and I don't get why people complain about it, too. If it wasn't for it we'd still be living in caves wiping off our asses with leaves.
-Nya-

Marcin wrote:

-Nya- wrote:

I was pulling a joke about what Granger just explained

Granger wrote:

That doesn't mean we should forget the importance of Christmas. We are not puppets that are being controlled by capitalism
-Nya-

silmarilen wrote:

christmas is just a bunch of holidays put together, they just put the tag birth of jesus on it to make it more christian

Umh no. The origin of the day, Christmas, is from the birth of Jesus. It's a very special day.
silmarilen
no it isnt, there isnt even any proof that jesus was born on that day, and if anything it's more likely that he wasnt.
they literally picked a date, said "this is the day we are going to celebrate christmas" and that's it. and that's only the christians, there are lots of other cultures that had other holidays/festivals around the same date, and over time they became the christmas as we know it today.
-Nya-

silmarilen wrote:

no it isnt, there isnt even any proof that jesus was born on that day, and if anything it's more likely that he wasnt.
they literally picked a date, said "this is the day we are going to celebrate christmas" and that's it. and that's only the christians, there are lots of other cultures that had other holidays/festivals around the same date, and over time they became the christmas as we know it today.
Hmmm, yeah, I did hear something about that. But although we're not sure, I guess it's still more important to celebrate his birth then not doing it cuz we're not sure when exactly he was born.
Secretpipe
Wont have anything for Christmas.

dun be sad and selfish ppl.
Lhijn

-Nya- wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

Hmmm, yeah, I did hear something about that. But although we're not sure, I guess it's still more important to celebrate his birth then not doing it cuz we're not sure when exactly he was born.
this whole event is just a specualtion if jesus was real or not, nobody can proove it and yet we celebrate this day becasue someone set this day to be his birthday. it was the same when they said: today will be the 1.1.0000, we just took it and in the end it's hipothetical
-Nya-
I think there are enough proof in the world that Jesus and God are real. And we don't need proof. We just have to believe. For me, the Bible and other things like love for one another is proof enough.
-sev
Nice meme friend.
Granger

-Nya- wrote:

I think there are enough proof in the world that Jesus and God are real. And we don't need proof. We just have to believe. For me, the Bible and other things like love for one another is proof enough.
Yes, let me write a book about how humans are actually the real aliens and its suddenly true. I dont see how either the bible or love is proof for anything. In fact, theres no proof at all about God, and just a few questionable proofs about Jesus (Like this cloth which was said to have been used on Jesus's death bed, thus getting stains looking like Jesus's face + thorn crown.)

Whatever, i dont want to make this a religious debate, but please understand that either of these things are no valid proof for anything.
-Nya-
I know lots of other people believe lots of other things and I don't blame you. But have you actually read the Bible?
JoyceSn

-Nya- wrote:

I know lots of other people believe lots of other things and I don't blame you. But have you actually read the Bible?
I read books for school, I never read the bible, but I don't see a book of a religion as a reliable way to get honest information anyways. Still, you know, keep believing you have the freedom to do so. I can't be sure you're wrong, but I believe you're wrong, you can't say you're right but you can believe you're right. If you celebrate the birth of Jesus on Christmas, I wish you a merry Christmas in advance. ^-^

Now to whoever started this topic to the title of the subject... it's not even Christmas yet how the hell can you be sick of it.(at least it's not the 25th-26th here yet, and that is the earliest any culture I know of celebrates this holiday.)
Granger
Germany celebrates on the 24th.

I have read the bible, both old and new testament, and i think its a pretty good story book but i cant accept it as proof as it is, well, a story book. Do you honestly think stuff like the sinthflood, which is not only logistically impossible, actually happened?
TraxieChan
On the 12' day of christmas Osu gave to meee
12 Fucking fails
11 Random misses
10 -PP
9 Shitty beatmaps
8 Nips are broken
7 Fingers carpel tunnel
6 players whining
5 100's
4 submissions failed
3 PP updates