forum

what mice to get?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FishingForToby
I am thinking about getting a Logitech 402 because I do play other games. But idk if there are mice I should get that is better I am looking for 60 and under mouses I have a small hand and like mice with some aesthetics. So no mouse like the zowie fk 1
Noobsicle
g402 very good imo, well worth the price
FieryLight
g402 is great from what I've heard but I don't think it's meant for small hands. And, it's a palm grip mouse. I don't know which grip you use but if it's not palm grip, you might not like the 402. I've heard better things said about the g502 though and it's shape looks better imo.

I'm not really sure what to recommend but if you use claw grip and have typical sized hands, grab the CM Storm Spawn and flash it with the latest firmware. It'll also work as a palm grip mouse if your hands are tiny. It's got it's logo on the side though and that looks rather unnecessary imo so take a look at it before you get that.

Other than "don't get Razer" I can't say much more to help since I don't know what type of grip you have and what you prefer in terms of aesthetics (I personally think the FK1 looks really cool).
Xayne
Can confirm the g502 is fantastic for smaller hands and claw grip. I absolutely love this mouse.
gadrin
If you want a fancy mouse I recommend this one It's really cheap, but it might have some requirements in order to be efficient.
Zare
G400S all the way. Awesome sensor and relatively affordable, arguably the best mouse for osu.
I Give Up
I'm gonna borrow this thread for a moment. I am a low sens fingertip player so only my fingertips and nothing else touch the mouse and I move with fingers and wrist lifted. I use g400s, and while I really love the sensor and bold design, its weight distribution is taking a lot out of me and I'm struggling to get used to it even after several months. Anyone have experience of another mouse that might be more suited to this play style?
Topic Starter
FishingForToby
Also guys is the steelseries sensei raw or steelseries rival better than the Logitech g402?
daikichi
don't get g100s cause my left click broke completely in 3 months. I've heard similar stories of the g100s as well.
Xayne

KukiMonster wrote:

I'm gonna borrow this thread for a moment. I am a low sens fingertip player so only my fingertips and nothing else touch the mouse and I move with fingers and wrist lifted. I use g400s, and while I really love the sensor and bold design, its weight distribution is taking a lot out of me and I'm struggling to get used to it even after several months. Anyone have experience of another mouse that might be more suited to this play style?
That's called claw grip. The g502 was specifically made for that grip, as I stated above. If you don't mind buying a new mouse, I'd check it out for sure. The 502 comes with weights so that you can customize exactly how light or heavy you want the mouse to feel. There are 6 different slots for you to put each weight in so you can also customize where the weight is in the mouse. It's pricey, I paid $80 for mine, but I would say it's definitely been worth it.
I Give Up

Xayne wrote:

That's called claw grip.
No it isn't, I said only my fingertips touch the mouse.
cheezstik

KukiMonster wrote:

Xayne wrote:

That's called claw grip.
No it isn't, I said only my fingertips touch the mouse.
Oh shit, didn't realize there was a difference. Found this picture:

It turns out I use that grip as well, whereas I previously thought I used claw grip, although my fingers are bent kinda like in the claw grip picture.

I'm much more comfortable on ambidextrous mice with this grip, and currently use the logitech g300. The sides are shaped in a way that leave it easy to grip using only my thumb, ring and little finger, and since all the buttons are on the face of the mouse, you don't need to lift your thumb to press them (if you like using extra buttons). If you don't bend your fingers as much as the claw grip picture, you might prefer a larger, flatter ambidextrous design, like the g100 and g400.

FishingForToby wrote:

Also guys is the steelseries sensei raw or steelseries rival better than the Logitech g402?
Steelseries or any laser sensor mouse is a terrible idea for osu, they have built in acceleration and acceleration is a negative effect on aim and muscle memory. The g402 and g502 actually also have built in acceleration, if you want a logitech, you should consider the older series, they don't look as new or fancy, but they have optical sensors, and are probably cheaper anyway.
Noobsicle

cheezstik wrote:

The g402 and g502 actually also have built in acceleration, if you want a logitech, you should consider the older series, they don't look as new or fancy, but they have optical sensors, and are probably cheaper anyway.
wat
cheezstik

Noobsicle wrote:

cheezstik wrote:

The g402 and g502 actually also have built in acceleration, if you want a logitech, you should consider the older series, they don't look as new or fancy, but they have optical sensors, and are probably cheaper anyway.
wat
My bad, it was the g500s that has the laser sensor and hence the built in acceleration, not the g402 / g502, those should be fine >_>.
Xayne
Holy crap I had no clue claw grip was like that. Turns out I'm in the same boat as cheeze. My fingers are curved up like claw, but my palm doesn't touch. I thought my grip was claw grip for years.
Sophia

Xayne wrote:

Holy crap I had no clue claw grip was like that. Turns out I'm in the same boat as cheeze. My fingers are curved up like claw, but my palm doesn't touch. I thought my grip was claw grip for years.
I thought my grip was palm grip - Turns out it's claw grip
DahplA

gadrin wrote:

If you want a fancy mouse I recommend this one It's really cheap, but it might have some requirements in order to be efficient.
Dude, I'd love to order this fancy mouse.
I Give Up

cheezstik wrote:

logitech g300.
That mouse looks really comfortable to hold and the light weight wow. However I don't know much about its a3055 sensor, is it native 400dpi? I'm also looking at the roccat savu which uses the same sensor as g400/g400s but is a smaller and lighter mouse. Not as light as the g300 though.
Volcanism
Ninox Aurora, great mouse.
cheezstik

KukiMonster wrote:

cheezstik wrote:

logitech g300.
That mouse looks really comfortable to hold and the light weight wow. However I don't know much about its a3055 sensor, is it native 400dpi? I'm also looking at the roccat savu which uses the same sensor as g400/g400s but is a smaller and lighter mouse. Not as light as the g300 though.
No idea, I'm pretty sure it came at either 1000 or 800 dpi out of the box without drivers so that's probably the native dpi. That's also the sensor the g100 seems to be using, and that comes at 1000 dpi as well. Either way, changing the dpi through the software settings doesn't give me any jitter / skipping effects that I can notice (I haven't tried more than 2k DPI). I found out that there was a very recent rendition of this mouse called the g300s, only difference is the looks, it looks really nice, but it's blue instead of red so that just ruins my PC color scheme.

Roccat is a really nice brand so that's probably a good mouse as well.
ZenithPhantasm
I heard Logitech G302 is small, has nice aesthetics, and a flawless snappy responsive sensor.