forum

[Debate!] Abortion

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aurele
Hello guise!

I have to debate over the next subject in my French class, Abortion, and I wanted to know the opinion of the osu! players.
Are you For or Against the abortion? Answer this question and tell me why!

Thank you!

Just be serious about this!
Shohei Ohtani
OH FUCK NO EVERYONE GET IN THE SHELTER QUICK
thelewa
doing abortions has been a lifelong dream of mine
the thought of breaking those little fetuses into tiny pieces and then sucking the remains up with a vacuum cleaner gives me immense pleasure

we could send the aborted fetuses to africa, I'm sure they'll offer plenty nourishment (would probably also solve world hunger)
Kyonko Hizara
It really depends on the situation. I can see if someone has an abortion due to that the child could harm the mother is the pregnancy continues or maybe if it is just one abortion. Really tho, it goes too far when people are having multiple abortions. I know of people that have had more than 5. If they are having that many abortions, then they shouldn't be having sex without protection in the first place.
DeletedUser_4041880
I'm mostly for abortion since some females can't have a baby for several reasons. Lets say a female got raped, she shouldn't be forced to carry the child of her rapist since that'll be psychologically harmful. No one wants to have a reminder of something traumatic that happened to them. If the rape victim was a teenager, her life would be a living hell. She wouldn't be able to provide adequate care to the child when it's born, shunned from others in school/public, and several other problems. Medical concerns are also something to think about. If having a child will damage the mother's health or if there will be birth complications, it's best to get an abortion. Some parents might not be able to take care of the child due to finance issues or some other causes. A child shouldn't be born if they don't get cared for properly.

For the females that use abortion as some sort of "birth control", that's something unacceptable.

//oh hey a proper response
Vuelo Eluko

thelewa wrote:

the thought of breaking those little fetuses into tiny pieces and then sucking the remains up with a vacuum cleaner gives me immense pleasure

we could send the aborted fetuses to africa, I'm sure they'll offer plenty nourishment (would probably also solve world hunger)
pretty much this, except i'd bake it into an apple fritter for someone i really didnt like, but it'd probably still taste great because apple fritter...
Topic Starter
Aurele
@Frostei Of course! Also, it's always better if the child is somewhat, wanted. If they are not wanted, how the hell are they suppose to be raised? If the parents didn't want a child in the first place, it would have been better to turn around the abortion before..

"For the females that use abortion as some sort of "birth control", that's something unacceptable. "
Totally! There's a limit over everything.
piruchan

Frostei wrote:

For the females that use abortion as some sort of "birth control", that's something unacceptable.
I'm against this as well. It's basically killing something that haven't got a life yet.

Case study:
I've heard that abortion is a common practice for prostitutes in my country. They do it because they got pregnant as a result of fulfilling the customer's wish(unprotected sex). Life is really hard for those women, and I don't think a child would make it any easier. I understand their reasons, but I'm still against abortion as birth control. I can't take a side on this case.

Nice thread, 10/10
thelewa

Riince wrote:

thelewa wrote:

pretty much this, except i'd bake it into an apple fritter for someone i really didnt like, but it'd probably still taste great because apple fritter...
it would probably make the person who eats it stronger because stem cells

possibly give them super powers

FETUS MAN
Mofu kun
My opinion, i support abortion, if the woman is given free choice and not forced/pressured into it.

However, abortion as birth control, i'm happen to be against.

Maybe there should be some form of abortion limit?

i have a bad feeling
DeletedUser_4041880
About the limit on the number of times you get an abortion, it's a bit tricky. Females who work as a prostitute for a living may have to resort to multiple abortions within a small timeframe. Considering the situation, many can't afford to raise a child. Yes they could use condoms, but most likely their clients would prefer going without it. The prostitutes could use birth control pills, but there's probably a slim chance of pregnancy.

On the other hand some prostitutes who has sex with every guy possible just for pleasure and money and has no problems with finances or medical issues is something else. Those type of people should be denied getting too many abortions. It's like getting banned in a game, you won't be able to play it until the ban gets lifted. When I said, "For the females that use abortion as some sort of "birth control", that's something unacceptable," I meant these type of people. However this restriction can cause other issues (ex. child abuse). Getting consistent abortions compared to child abuse is much better. It might leave an awful aftertaste knowing that some women are abusing abortions just because they can, but it's better than abusing a child.
Granger
I support abortion, but i think the doctor/police should judge on a case by case basis weter a abortion should be done or not.
For reasons like rape, health issues abortion should always be allowed, but in cases like accidential unprotected sex the circumstances should be considered, expecially for repeat offenders. Repeat offenders should also be told that abortion is not a birth controll method plus get sex ed lessons on how to use condoms and similar.

I do think that one abortion should always be allowed since even condoms, the pill and other birth controll methods arent 100% safe.

piruchan wrote:

I've heard that abortion is a common practice for prostitutes in my country. They do it because they got pregnant as a result of fulfilling the customer's wish(unprotected sex).
Id think that they'd use the pill or for a more long therm solution this spiral thing. This way they still can do their job and fullfill their customers wishes without getting pregnant. Of course, since drug abuse is also common among prosistutes (a lot of them only prosistute themselfes to afford drugs actually) the pill may not work as well (dont know how other ways are affected by drugs), but thats another problem to tackle there, they should use the pill and not do drugs.
Vuelo Eluko

Granger wrote:

I support abortion
agreed! abort ALL the babies!

thats how it sounds when you use that term instead of pro-choice
E m i
an analysis of gains and losses in a standard, theoretical abortion:

child:
death, i think it's safe to say that it's an unusually long term issue.
-71 years (worldwide life expectancy according to wikipedia, we could also add the remaining period of pregnancy but this doesn't even matter)
mother:
shortening of pregnancy
+6 months (let's base it on an assumption that abortions are done in the 3rd month of pregnancy on average, based on the fact that most occur in the first trimester, as well as the fact that an average pregnancy is around 9 months long. the pregnancy is shortened by 6 months, thus theoretically creating a gain of 6 months (?))

in conclusion, 70.5 years disappear.
not really utilitarian, but:
1. there are more factors to it
2. there are non-standard circumstances which can theoretically justify abortion
3. i don't really care about this
so have fun in this thread, or something
silmarilen
i think any woman should be free to have an abortion at any time, children should not be put into a horrible life just because of some stupid rule prohibiting a person from getting them aborted before they are born for whatever reason.
Cayman
z
Dracool_old_1
Abortion is good if there is a good reason like the mother just genuinely can't mother a child. Plus before abortion people were still doing it just at some dodgy clinics. So from a normal human point of view it seems ok but unfortunately the religious people say NOOO! (I'm not religious )
DeletedUser_3905941
what even is a moral
benjanyan
-
DeletedUser_4041880

benjanyan wrote:

I've only skimmed through but I didn't see anyone mention adoption. If a child's unwanted, surely that's the way to go?

I'd only consider abortion good if it was proved that the child had some horrible problem and was unlikely to survive long or posed a significant risk to their mother's life.
Adoption is an option, but it's not exactly the best choice. Some kids never get adopted and end up by themselves at the age of 18 (at least in the U.S., I'm not sure about other countries). Yes the state does help provide for them, but how they do it and the length of time they provide for varies. Some states might just pay off the 18 year-old's first month of rent and then leave them on their own, others might provide up to 3 months. Foster parents could be kind and keep the young adult past the age of 18, but not all of them will be like this. Pretty much if you don't get adopted by the age of 18, you're on your own. Teenagers have a lower chance of finding a family compared to babies and children so many end up homeless once they reach legal age. They have a better chance in life if they managed to graduate high school with a diploma or GED before they turn 18 so the government can help with college. However most don't graduate and end up with a grim future.

//Sorry for the sloppy wording, might fix it later
Topic Starter
Aurele
Thank you guys, everything went as excepted!

Our team won the debate (:
Russia_old_1
My Opinion personally: Well, if you look at it, if you were raped and want an abortion = its okay. still bad to do it.
if you just dont want a child = your a piece of shit.
Jarrizard
I haven't read all the replies but in my opinion as a rational thinker. I think I will go for a "For" the Abortion.

There are some instances ("accidents") in which someone bears a child but doesn't have the necessities to raise it properly. (money, shelter, etc.) Although it's immoral to kill off an unconscious life I personally think it's better than making them leave in agony. I'd rather not see children being forced to labor or being abused by the parents that didn't want them.
DaddyCoolVipper

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

It really depends on the situation. I can see if someone has an abortion due to that the child could harm the mother is the pregnancy continues or maybe if it is just one abortion. Really tho, it goes too far when people are having multiple abortions. I know of people that have had more than 5. If they are having that many abortions, then they shouldn't be having sex without protection in the first place.