forum

What made you start playing osu!?

posted
Total Posts
show more
rogueshadow12
Back in 2014 (I think) a friend of mine introduced me to osu after I had difficulties playing the ad carry role in league (demanded accurate clicking).
He told me my aim would be more accurate so yah it all began there. I played for fun and didn't care at all about my rank. I only started playing more srsly now haha that's why my level's high but my rank's low :D
RemoDrex
legue streamers mostly
Ender Lain
when i was watched my school club frriends playing osu!
Nadfee
Discovered this 3 years ago when playing Allods Online.
Just came back and found it again 3 months ago from Allods Online.

Damnit xd
Anonymeister
When I first heard of Osu, it was through a video of a song I liked at the time being played in Osu. I thought was weird, and went back to Stepmania. A few years later, I saw some plays by WWW, so I got interested, and played a little bit of Osu. Although I wasn't that good at it, I still enjoyed it enough to get the Ouendan games for the DS. Since then, I have had a filthy obsession to Osu.
omochikaeri
I usually see videos of osu! gameplay whenever I search for some anime OPs/EDs. Clicking circles on the screen looked interesting to me so I downloaded the game.
thasyka
I can't exactly remember, but it was 3 years ago. (2012)
I was playing an Stepmania rip off android app called "Beats" and there was an osu mode in it. So I searched osu! in my Dad's iPhone Appstore
Yes, my Dad's iPhone Appstore, NOT the internet.
And then I found osu!Stream, and when I searched osu!stream on Google, I founded osu!
and after that, osu! was my thing.
One day before first day at school in Grade 3, I got sick, so I missed First Day of School (probably "YAY")
My fever was gone on the first day of school (Yes, that's still means I'm absent) and at afternoon, I got back home.
And then guess what? Backtrack to what I said earlier ("and after that, osu! was my thing")
I opened my computer (My Old Computer, because that was in 2012[?])
and played osu!
So, yeah.
Green Platinum
Heard about it from other rhythm game communities years ago
Nanahira-san
First saw it on boxbox's stream, and a few others after that. I decided to check it out because I thought I would be really good when I first started out. Turns out I was wrong
balldoowell
Stepmania was getting boring as fuck so I needed a new rhythm game. Also started playing osu! to get better at counter striker global offence. That didnt really work out exactly

thasyka wrote:

I was playing an Stepmania rip off android app called "Beats"
Beats isnt a rip off of stepmania, its a direct android port
msenpie
I wanted something new to do, and osu! was in my mind for some reason. Also I'm a slow person so I thought osu! would help for some reason idk why
joi-
Some friends told me that there's this rhythm game that sounds interesting, they told me pretty much to "drop the stepmania and come to osu!"

There's only two of us left who're playing.
Eymi
Videos :3
Mercurial
Come for the clicks, stay for the map making and the community.

A friend told me to play this and I liked some songs, so I kept playing this game until a few years ago, when I just became a shitposter.
R e n g e
I love playing and listening to music.
The combination of this is great .
I was looking for games that attract me to him . And here I found: D
BleuVitriol

sukiNathan wrote:

The lolis ofc
* Slow claps* gg.
Minecraft_Mare
Friend aka TheHabboDude123......
kirueggy
I've played EBA on the Nintendo DS before and was tripping balls when I saw that there was a computer port of it (osu!) so I went on and tried it and bam I'm here lol
Aiona
Saw it on youtube. Plus I like music so playing a game with music? Win win for me.
Although shit has happened because of someone on here.
Cthru
Friend who plays, named Kimchief, introduced me saying that it was really fun.... i have no regrets :D
eyeofkenku
Played osu! stream on ios because my friends thought it was hard. Found out about the PC version and played ever since
Jarvis
LoL streams
Zazarith
Streamer
hehedoge
So I was posting in a forum I'm member of and I ran up into a few weeaboos talking about "Osu!", I googled it and found out it was a game.

And so started playing it :D
DeletedUser_3905941
saw a vid of a guy called heibel playing osu, and a particular forum called this the shittest rhythm game ever so I played for about a year
Mio Yamanobe
primrose
found out by searching some rhythm games i can play on my android phone (osu! droid) and then figure out it's originally a pc (well, its originally a ds game) game!
CalmirageD88
osu! had a lot of Touhou music.. I'm curious, so I start play it. Then, I became addicted :D oh my
Douae
I was on skype with a couple of friends, after getting bored of League they made me play osu!
Arief Santosa
because i like playing rythym game, galge, mmorpg :D
CuticleThong
One reasonable reason is.. Because friends
[Crz] Invictus
I saw a youtube video of Cookiezi playing The Quick Brown Fox - The Big Black and after that I wanted to play the game.
xanny
A friend introduced me to Osu!
Accurian
The desire for speed. I got into this game with over five years of FPS game experience on the PC, so it wasn't as hard to get into this rhythm game as it would be for a casual. I found out about this game when I was just looking around on YouTube. I can't really recall which video it was, but it might have been WWW's Big Black.
-HypX-
I started when I played San Andreas Multiplayer (SAMP) playing osu a friend invited me to download it and it discharges on principle what looked like a ridiculous meaningless game but played because I had nothing to do with the time after it was understood and I started to like and I'm here xD
Raiken-
It's because there were a lot of my friends who plays the game, and it's kind of easy at the first sight. But damn, this crap is getting harder and harder (I downloaded lots of hard beatmaps because Idk), Well this game is pretty interesting on it's own way so, that's it.