forum

What made you start playing osu!?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Zuikaku
One of my friends told me about it.
Since the game isn't that famous where I'm at, it usually gets around through friend recommendations
kiritoyukki_
I joined this skype call with like 50 different people my friend invited me to, some guy started screaming, I JUST REKT (something i honestly couldnt understand him) and everyone asks what he is on and then posts a link to this map
Mahogany
I frequent GameFAQs, and back when I used to play League, some guy made a topic on the League board telling people that playing osu made you better at playing league. I didn't particularly care about getting better at league (In fact I quit the next week) but I've always loved rhythm games.

I then ended up seeing someone playing that Don't Stop Me Now map and got really interested in EBA.

Then I started playing osu! a lot and now I'm very happy with my progress.
Shiyzo
This is more like "How did you found out about osu!"
Well, a friend of mine told me about it. I liked the game a lot, so I got addicted to it.
Since the day when i started playing osu!, I haven't seen the sunlight.
Rivenr0th
First time i saw it on Boxbox's stream then i thought i have to try this :D
Szymek
My IRL friend. But he quite after a week lol.
-sev
A friend of mine.
FuZ
Searching for more rhythm games
BusterBeachside
Played all three of the original NDS games, and thought, "man, it would be the coolest thing ever to have this on PC where you could make your own songs for it!" So I googled something like "Elite Beat Agents/Osu Tatakae Ouendan fan game", and was so surprised and happy to see there actually WAS something exactly along the lines of what I was looking for! That was YEARS ago, and it's still one of my favorite games to date (Whenever my friends see me playing, they tend to be speechless, then they say, "You're... REALLY good." xD)!

EDIT: Little do they know about people like cookiezi and rrtyui. xD
MikiMushi
I started playing osu because of some people who kept on sharing their streams on fb LOL
Suirenni
was searching for games related with music in the Internet
Conor
Hikona
I discovered osu by falling on a video of Osu championship
Scared
Gayzmcgee's videos lol
[Polybius]
Back when i was playing FFR (FlashFlashRevolution) and stepmania all the time someone in FFR chat was talking about it,a while later came across a video of it it reminded me of it, and my passionate love for rhythm games consumed me, so i started playing. Now i know what its like to be a crack addict.
troke
my friends invite me to this game
Scintillate
i wanted to kill myself so i played this game
KokoaCrunch
started out as listening to the song flower dance on youtube, and found out the game :3
trebby
My friends told me about osu!stream on ios, and then I found out about the pc version.
sottovoce
I first saw someone playing it on a LoL stream a couple of years ago. Tried it out a little (probably like 50 plays), then didn't touch it until I had the random thought to play again a month or two ago. Been ridiculously hooked since then.
Rio-
A Liveplay Video on YouTube, i think it was played by Doomsday...
Laharl
Hoshimizu
-
Improv
Friend told me to download it.
we played the default maps and forced he me to play this god awful Burger King map.

I now have an addiction and I cant stop playing this game
ZyRiiu
I saw a friend playing osu! as I visited him.
A few days later we was chatting in skype and he told me I should play osu!
So I downloaded it and here I am :D
Nuolong
My friend told me about it on the IOS store (Stream), and about 3-4 months later I searched it and found out it was a computer game, thus starting to play. I searched it that much later because I wasn't particularly interested in it at that time. I made a search because my World of Warcraft subscription just ended and I wanted to find another game.
VINXIS
watched a guy play oss and im a shit weeb so i donwloaded and isntalled oss and played oss dam
also cuz music pls
rogueshadow12
Back in 2014 (I think) a friend of mine introduced me to osu after I had difficulties playing the ad carry role in league (demanded accurate clicking).
He told me my aim would be more accurate so yah it all began there. I played for fun and didn't care at all about my rank. I only started playing more srsly now haha that's why my level's high but my rank's low :D
RemoDrex
legue streamers mostly
Ender Lain
when i was watched my school club frriends playing osu!
Nadfee
Discovered this 3 years ago when playing Allods Online.
Just came back and found it again 3 months ago from Allods Online.

Damnit xd
Anonymeister
When I first heard of Osu, it was through a video of a song I liked at the time being played in Osu. I thought was weird, and went back to Stepmania. A few years later, I saw some plays by WWW, so I got interested, and played a little bit of Osu. Although I wasn't that good at it, I still enjoyed it enough to get the Ouendan games for the DS. Since then, I have had a filthy obsession to Osu.
omochikaeri
I usually see videos of osu! gameplay whenever I search for some anime OPs/EDs. Clicking circles on the screen looked interesting to me so I downloaded the game.
thasyka
I can't exactly remember, but it was 3 years ago. (2012)
I was playing an Stepmania rip off android app called "Beats" and there was an osu mode in it. So I searched osu! in my Dad's iPhone Appstore
Yes, my Dad's iPhone Appstore, NOT the internet.
And then I found osu!Stream, and when I searched osu!stream on Google, I founded osu!
and after that, osu! was my thing.
One day before first day at school in Grade 3, I got sick, so I missed First Day of School (probably "YAY")
My fever was gone on the first day of school (Yes, that's still means I'm absent) and at afternoon, I got back home.
And then guess what? Backtrack to what I said earlier ("and after that, osu! was my thing")
I opened my computer (My Old Computer, because that was in 2012[?])
and played osu!
So, yeah.
Green Platinum
Heard about it from other rhythm game communities years ago
Nanahira-san
First saw it on boxbox's stream, and a few others after that. I decided to check it out because I thought I would be really good when I first started out. Turns out I was wrong
balldoowell
Stepmania was getting boring as fuck so I needed a new rhythm game. Also started playing osu! to get better at counter striker global offence. That didnt really work out exactly

thasyka wrote:

I was playing an Stepmania rip off android app called "Beats"
Beats isnt a rip off of stepmania, its a direct android port
msenpie
I wanted something new to do, and osu! was in my mind for some reason. Also I'm a slow person so I thought osu! would help for some reason idk why
joi-
Some friends told me that there's this rhythm game that sounds interesting, they told me pretty much to "drop the stepmania and come to osu!"

There's only two of us left who're playing.
Eymi
Videos :3
show more