forum

Making new difficulties on mac

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
YumikoCo
When I searched online, it says that I need to save it as new difficulties but I can't find it. I am using a mac.
blissfulyoshi
Since I heard that there is no good solution to this yet, here is one way you can go about doing it:
1. Go into the song folder
2. Copy a .osu file
3. Open the map, and change"Version:" to the diff name you want
4. Change the .osu filename to have the diff name you want.
5. Reload osu! and your new diff should be there.
Topic Starter
YumikoCo

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Since I heard that there is no good solution to this yet, here is one way you can go about doing it:
1. Go into the song folder
2. Copy a .osu file
4. Change the .osu filename to have the diff name you want.
5. Reload osu! and your new diff should be there.
Can you please define
more clearly.
I did all the other steps and I did get a new map but I cannot edit it. One of them is it keeps on saying 'Error loading audio for this beatmap'. The other problem is that whenever I tried to open the new one to edit it, it won't let me and tells me 'beatmap audio could not be loaded successfully'.
blissfulyoshi
If you got that far, then I don't think you need to worry about step 3, but in case you care, open up your .osu file in some textpad and search for "Version:" .The text after that should

As for the audio problem, that usually means that "AudioFilename:" is not pointing toward the right file (find the same way as I said for step 3)
Topic Starter
YumikoCo

blissfulyoshi wrote:

open up your .osu file in some textpad and search for "Version:" .The text after that should
should what?
I did manage to open it in a textpad but there is nothing after it. I change it to the name I want. As for the AudioFileName, I name it exactly as I have named my audio file but when I open osu!, the new and original beatmap couldn't find the audio file and I have to delete the two beatmap and start all over again.
Can you explain to me what exactly should I put after "Version:" and "AudioFileName:"?
blissfulyoshi
I don't think we are getting anywhere quickly. Just zip up your map folder and upload it somewhere. I'll just fix it from there.
Topic Starter
YumikoCo

blissfulyoshi wrote:

I don't think we are getting anywhere quickly. Just zip up your map folder and upload it somewhere. I'll just fix it from there.
I know this is a stupid question but how exactly do I upload it. I managed to zip it. I know how to upload something but just how do I upload it onto osu! :? sorry :cry:
blissfulyoshi
Just upload it using any 3rd party service. (puush, mediafire, mega, etc. are all fine.)
Nakano Itsuki
I know this reply might be a bit late, but did you spot any buttons (eg: File, Edit, View) at the top of the edit screen? (Above "Compose", "Design", etc.)

Just asking because I do use a Mac as well, and I can save new difficulties. The buttons, such as File, Edit, View, etc are all hidden on my editor. (I don't know why, apparently.) But there is a space between "Compose", "Design" and the Window. Click anywhere between and see if the buttons exist.

Edit: Example here:
Topic Starter
YumikoCo
It worked!!!!!!!!! I found it!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!! Thank you both, blissfulyoshi and Kyle McShade.