posted
Total Posts
show more
Arusha Shuna

orioncomet wrote:

orioncomet = orion + comet
orion is my brother's nickname
comet is mine
and.. everyone are calling me with my brother's nickname, no one call me comet tho.
and I'm used to everyone call me 'orion' ..
i thought everyone calling you ploy :>
ayey
When my little brother was 3 he used to call me ayey.
So.......
Niva
Nivalis comes from Latin language I found one day, originating from niv- "snow" + -alia "something associated in a particular area", so "Nivalis" is something related to snowy land.

...and, uh, because this name sounds usable, I use it.
Lanttu
Lanttu is the Finnish word for Brassica napobrassica.

Where I got this nickname is very long story, from my very early internet years with Pokémon. Back then I used a name that starting "La" and resembling the name of this yellow electric mouse, but when I started to grow too old for pocket monsters I decided to change my name to something simpler.

I don't remember where I got the idea for Lanttu, but since then it's been my official nickname, almost everyone calls me that IRL too. 8)
Cuddlebun

Nivalis wrote:

Nivalis comes from Latin language I found one day, originating from niv- "snow" + -alia "something associated in a particular area", so "Nivalis" is something related to snowy land.

...and, uh, because this name sounds usable, I use it.
so is Nivalis 4th declension then
Niva

Cuddlebun wrote:

Err... maybe? I used Nivails only because this name seems unique and usable, I don't pay attention that much about other aspects.
Esupanitix
Google it.
Randy96

WeegeevsWeegee wrote:

Google it.
?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=WeegeevsWeegee
Firo Prochainezo
Esupanitix

meronmyon wrote:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Weegee
You idiot.
This.
TraceTheKriken
My username came from Metroid Prime: Hunters.
There is hunter called Trace and he is Kriken, and he is my favourite character :)
Gens

TraceTheKriken wrote:

My username came from Metroid Prime: Hunters.
There is hunter called Trace and he is Kriken, and he is my favourite character :)
I always misread your name as "Trace the Kitten".
TraceTheKriken

Gens wrote:

I always misread your name as "Trace the Kitten".
Maby it could work that way too xD
Cuddlebun

Nivalis wrote:

Cuddlebun wrote:

Err... maybe? I used Nivails only because this name seems unique and usable, I don't pay attention that much about other aspects.
what a poser! I scoff at you.

scoff scoff
Sushi
In my engineering school (I dunno if it's the proper name here) When you arrive the 1st year your seniors get you a nickname generally based on your name (generally word relating) OR something that happened.

So for my part, from my last name : Torin :arrow: Taureau (Bull) :arrow: Otoro :arrow: Tuna :arrow: Tuna Sushi :arrow: Sushi

Liked it, kept it.
Faust

Sushi wrote:

In my engineering school (I dunno if it's the proper name here) When you arrive the 1st year your seniors get you a nickname generally based on your name (generally word relating) OR something that happened.

So for my part, from my last name : Torin :arrow: Taureau (Bull) :arrow: Otoro :arrow: Tuna :arrow: Tuna Sushi :arrow: Sushi

Liked it, kept it.
Ah. I have attained enlightenment.
NoHitter
First ever TF2 Scout achievement I got.

(The I is intentional btw...)
goodguy211
>___<' When I was little, I used to be very, very nice, and people began calling me good boy.

Once I turned about... Fifteen? They started calling me Good Guy. So, I use it! :D
Backfire
Need for speed underground. I just randomly made my name backfire...cause of the cars. I think. People usually call me my more generic name, blackfire. And it makes me...so...mad.
Randy96

WeegeevsWeegee wrote:

meronmyon wrote:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Weegee
You idiot.
This.
You said to google it. I googled it. You didn't say google "Weegee".
cyanberryio
My old user name was so generic, "Alex0686" but at the time I was younger and I didn't care.

One day out of boredom I drew a picture of a strawberry and made it my avatar, and the old #mod community started calling me "strawberry" or "strawberry-kun" and it stuck, not just for osu! either, made it my user name for other places... :)

Or that's how I remember it..?
gunnersforlife
"gunners" come from Arsenal FC , an England football club which often called "the gunners"
"forlife" comes from my friends username who uses "xxxxxxxforlife", and i like it, and I attached it to my username..
second_wave
come from Masha Mysmane, from Exilia.

I love this band.
boostedef123
I used to own a 1996 Honda EF that I built with a B18a1 and turbo charged it. Thus the name. I love my GTR now though.
KRZY
don't remember if i posted here or not, so i'll post again

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacek_Krzyn%C3%B3wek

One of the first players I got immensely attached to when I started watching European football in 1999. I was inspired by this player a lot as a footballer, and decided I would make a username out of it.
Firo Prochainezo

KRZY wrote:

One of the first players I got immensely attached to when I started watching European football in 1999. I was inspired by this player a lot as a footballer, and decided I would make a username out of it.
I thought it was a stylish way to write crazy lol.
Mara
Me too. KRZY -> KRAZY -> CRAZY

:c
wmfchris
wmf + chris
wmf from the frist letters of the 3 words of the real name.
Fabi
Visual novel.
Firo Prochainezo
Bass

KRZY wrote:

OMG ,that's polish guy <3
Kitsunemimi
Bwahaha, I can now make another post in this thread since I changed my name!! And so far some people are saying it's bad, some like it a bit, so ._.

Anyways, Kitsunemimi -> Kitsune + mimi

Kitsune being fox in Japanese (random obsession of foxes in the past while), and mimi literally meaning ears. So that makes it literally, 'fox ears' but as many of you may know, 'nekomimi' can mean 'catgirl' (so can all other animal + ear combinations; kemonomimi). And thus, my name actually means 'foxgirl'-- wait wha..

For people wondering "WHYYY WOULD YOU CHANGE YOUR NAME?!?!" I'll just paste a bit of what I wrote earlier here just to explain the basic reasoning behind this.

Kitsunemimi wrote:

I've been starting to use 'Kitsunemimi' as a username more and more lately, and I figured, of all the places where to use it, I think osu! would be one of them. I have a feeling some of my friends or people who used to know me might freak out a bit, but... oh well, I was never that popular in the first place.
arien666
[About ex-nickname arken1015]

Alkene -> アルケン -> arukenn -> arken
About 1015... Just followed my feeling ;_;

So, that's why my avatar is propene(C3H6)<<<
Ivalset

Strawberry-kun wrote:

My old user name was so generic, "Alex0686" but at the time I was younger and I didn't care.
I'm not sure if your new name is any less generic...
Hyguys
just typed ''Higuys123'' (Higuys spelled wrong) and punched the keyboard
LaCreme
mines simple
it's just something I picked up from learning french pr0n
awp

LaCreme wrote:

mines simple
it's just something I picked up from learning french pr0n
I like this fellow
CXu
I was downloading something from Megaupload and I got C-X-U as a confirmation code. Used it ever since for some reason.
eru
blacksymbian
cellphone virus
show more