forum

The user name origin thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
mnh48
My user name actually came from my real name (first name only, last name is not included) that is: Muhammad Nur Hidayat
I used this user name in most of game forums, language-learning sites (like lang-8), and used as a user name for Wikipedia too..

For Facebook user name, I added ".aka.Nurul" at the end of my user name, so it becomes MuhdNurHidayat.aka.Nurul which that "aka" stands for "also known as" and "Nurul" is name that some of my friends called me (IDK why they called me Nurul).
(By the way, do you know that Facebook account actually can have user name?? I think you have to verify your account first before you can use a user name in Facebook, I verified my account using mobile phone.. :P)

Alternative user name is Yacchan, used mainly in anime forums and anime websites (except MyAnimeList). Yacchan came from Yorokobi Hidayatsu + chan.
(FYI, the big tsu (つ) when combined with other, e.g. chan (ちゃん), will become cchan (っちゃん)- small tsu (っ) with big chan (ちゃん))

Yorokobi Hidayatsu (Japanese:喜び 飛騨萢/English: Hidayatsu Yorokobi) is my Japanese name, whereas Xi Da Ya (喜达亚) is my Chinese name.
Before this, some (Japanese) would call me Hidayachi (because they usually read 萢 as yachi instead of yatsu) but now they call me Hidayatsu (LOL).
Ah... I really need furigana(s)!!!! :P
Flanster
^ dude ._.
Tesu
Frezix came from DOTA IMBA
jabberwockey
Shoily is my real name the end
Ohrami
Me and a friend were watching Clannad, and pretty much the only other anime he had seen at the time was Fruits Basket. When Kyou appeared, he called her "Kyo-kun", referencing the Fruits Basket character. We thought it was funny, so I used this name for osu!. Not so interesting, but people ask me often.
Tweelon
Twee (is random) + lon (is my nickname, a mix of my first and last name shortened). [e.g. Okarin for Okabe Rintarou (Steins;Gate)]

At least, I subscribe in many websites since many years by "Random stuff"+ Lon, or simply take Lon as username when it's possible.
And unfortunately, Lon means somebody else in this kind of game.
Therefore, the people I know here identify me more as Twee than Lon. But whatever
Tesu

Shoily wrote:

Shoily is my real name the end
epic name :P
Vext_old
My name means Koalas in Turkish.
jabberwockey

Vext wrote:

My name means Koalas in Turkish.
I thought it was short for "vexed"
ann_old
xann is an uncreative alternative for ann that I use a lot which is short for anne.
Yes, 1 letter shorter.

Anne means Mother in Turkish.
Bass
People asked me many times in what meaning my nick is used.
It's not definitely either bass guitar or fish. It came from Basshunter who I used to listen long time ago. On some of mp3s I noticed there is written "Bassmaster" so I took it(first time it was used on polish forum)
Professor Prinny
My username right now is a shortened version of what I usually use: Professor Prinny Layton

But if the site cannot handle 23 characters at least then I use the alternatives: Professor Prinny or Prinny Layton
First used when I found this beautiful avatar.

Sometimes I have a tag at the end like this: Professor Prinny Layton| Lv ????
with the question marks representing special dates e.g my birthday: | Lv 2811 or in American date format: | Lv 1128
H_Hitachiin
Watch Ouran Highschool Host Club XD
StarriorX
The name "Starrior" is the title of a game that I've started developing, stopped, restarted, etc. for several years now and will likely never actually finish. I re-designed it every time I restarted and wound up disliking what I had come up with.

I'm not sure why I chose it for my nick here, honestly, but there it is.

The "X" is just random, though. :P
PinkSheep
I like pink sheep
Blue
I like the color blue :lol:
ann_old
I like myself.

StarriorX wrote:

Fellow random "x" user, yay. (My old username was xann)
Vext_old
My name means sexy walrus in Welsh.
Blaziken
My first 3rd ev pokemon
GeeNX

StarriorX wrote:

The name "Starrior" is the title of a game that I've started developing, stopped, restarted, etc. for several years now and will likely never actually finish. I re-designed it every time I restarted and wound up disliking what I had come up with.

I'm not sure why I chose it for my nick here, honestly, but there it is.

X is just random... JUST RANDOM, YOU DONT DESERVE THAT X!
xXLeonKunXx
Because of my name. My name (on brazilian) is Leonardo (the brazilian of Leonard).

So, I taked my name, and the "Kun", comes from japanese culture (at time, I loved japanese culture).
UnderminE
Leandro you should have tried this ^ too <_<
xXLeanKunXx
Mercurial
Dota.

Simple as hell.
Tesu
Frosty - i get this name by Frosty The Snowman
Renard_old
fox
Tenjou Utena
Shoujo Kakumei Utena!
Drexel13
Drexel = random typing
13 = my lucky number
fengyuepengs
My username is my ture name and a‘s‘.we are start class,that is all.
Yafutsufa
got this name from when i'm playing persona 3 and see Yatsusfusa name, but when i'm gonna write it into some username or IGN i mispelled it into this *damn fvckin typo*
Pizzicato
Kanaria's artificial spirit
(Rozen maiden)
Effy
From Angel beats o/
maple3142
my minecraft id
Tae

maple3142 wrote:

my minecraft id
Jfc that necro

Would've been better in t/239344