The user name origin thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
MrsNana
My Name here in osu "MrsNana" was in real a fun nickname from my friend ^-^
forgetM3not
forgetM3not.....

Since I love forget-me-not flower (ahh, remember a flower in AnoHana? ._. the blue one) , but when I want to use that, too long >.<

So I choose forgetM3not :D
jer0th
Mine is nothing special. Jeroth is my nickname and I replaced the letter 'o' with a zero for uniqueness' sake.
Justykanna
Justin is my given name.
Justy is a nickname that I got in high school so that stuck with me through. It's commonly a taken name on several games so I poped Kanna at the end and it's always available. If Justy's available, by chance, I use that.
So, commonly, Justykanna is the name of my accounts (Ragnarok Online, for example) and then characters within that would be named some random anime character / ability (such as Kyrios from Gundam 00, or Gokuryuuha from Inu-Yasha).
Octane
Octane, from a song/band.
Emaal
My idols username backwards. >w<
Patcheresu
I wanted to make my email pachirisu@yahoo.com. Unfortunately, I can't spell at all. It eventually became a mondegreen that I enjoy using. It is not pronounced Pa-chi-ri-su, (like the pokemon it was supposed to be) it is pronounced (Pat)-chair-ree-soo. Emphasis on Pat, thus the hyphenation.

BTW spamtrolls, old email is old, its not hard to find my new email, its round the 'net.
mm201
Don't worry, you can join Rukario in the misspelled Pokémon names club.
Patcheresu
D: Nooooooooo whyyyyyyyyy
KuroiHiKirby
Kuroi = black
Hi = fire
Kirby = Kirby

It's based on my avatars on the internet, which was always a red fire kirby with a black splotch around the left eye. I remember making the avatar a few years ago under a different name(nin10mode), but didn't come up with this name until I got back into anime two years ago. These are the only two names I ever use on the internet anymore.
Ava
Avalanche, dunno why I picked that word. Maybe because it's awesome :3

emonite
Mine is the simplest, because I tend to get emo at night... :|
emonight (kind of not right as a username)
emonite (short form of night 'nite' and fits well together)
Some more, this name has no 'gender' in it, allowing me to use it for both male and female characters though I'm a male.
A more cool style of this is :arrow: Em0nite
Seph
woop
RaneFire
15 years ago, my big brother was showing me how to start a game of quake 1 when I was 9 years old, around 1996, on a Pentium I computer. He asked me to give myself a nickname, anything I wanted, and for some reason I spontaneously came up with RaneFire. I've been using it ever since, for everything gaming related.

I know there's a 'raneFire' user on deviantart (Who is not me) but we're on opposite ends of the world.
When I found out there were 2 ranefire's I was kinda depressed to find that my nick was no longer unique :cry: but I've been seeing more ranefires and other iterations popping up quite a bit anyway, so I'm not bothered with this whole 'nick-steal' nonsense. Besides there's Rane, rain, and everything else, and there's 100's of these. The only thing that was unique was the 'exact' spelling and that's it. At least I'm the only RaneFire from South Africa. (wow surprise, we even has internets.)

At the end of it all... I picked an arbitrary nickname with a slight spelling difference of 1 of 2 of the most common words ever, but all my gaming buddies past and present know me by it, so I just keep on using it.

A childish name, but I was a child when I thought of it.
Fixumi
S-Fox

It began with Super Smash Bros Brawl when I played it online, I had to think of a name, at first I was very good with Ike, the nickname was only 5 letters max. so I named it
S-Ike (S means Super) actually sounds stupid but whatever.

No long time after that, I was very good with fox( I still am), so I named it S-fox, but call it whatever you want, like S for "Super" or "Star" but for me its just an S that nothing means.

-------------------------------
Fixumi

Actually I use another nickname for games, sites etc. called "Fixumi" which had a better story I think.
Anyway, since November 2010 I became very interested in Anime an my first Anime I watched was Lucky Star, Konata Izumi was(still is) my fave character(also my fave of all anime).
And my most favorite videogame character is Fox(Starfox), so I mixed up the name Fox with Izumi, so it became Fixumi.

I rather call my nickname Fixumi, but unfortunately I cant change 'til I become OSU! supporter, so I can get the possibility to change my name.

Greetz, Fixumi
Lally
Lally = Alisa (my real name) Lally this is how all my friends use to call me since i'm 13 yers old so this is the reason :3
Basman1453
Basman --> a traditional entertainer, fairly famous in my home province (East Java), now passed
1453 --> the Fall of Constantinople

I'm a man of many names on the 'net, frankly. :v
haha5957
haha= the only English word i knew when i first entered internet. i think its about when i was 6 or so.
5957 =not a random number
eru
i can't stop thinking about it!
Kedi
İt's mean cat in Turkish. Keeeedddiiiiiii :3,
Rumerjose
A mix of a soccerplayer, and from my grandfather's name.
Spaghetti-san
My real name is Ronan. When I joined it seemed like someone already has that name here so I came up with Rororonan.
Sylphi
I selected this username when occurred buffer underflow exception.
GoreObsessed
every game and site that i frecuently visit, i use this nick. its explains by himself
gore and my obsession for it
Xirai
I wanted a name like Rai for a game...but it was taken, so I made Xirai out of it.
Unfortunately in a lot of games Xirai is already taken so I just use similar names like Xirail, Xiraight, Xirain, Xirait....etc xD
Seph
when it was sephwin its from my real name joseph plus penguin which was a name people call me when i was in highschool.
Mercurial
Dota.
Kaona
Before I switched my main alias to Winter, my alias used to be Kaona which I use here and on a Japanese learning forum. I also use it on this TeamSpeak server I sometimes drop by into.

At the time, I was really into Kimmidolls and my favourite Kimmidoll at that time was Kaona. Enough said.
brylidan
bryan( my real name ) + Illidan ( warcraft character's name ) = Brylidan

and its pronunciation is

http://translate.google.com.pe/?hl=es&t ... 20li%20dan [ just click " hear spanish pronunciation " ] :D
Birdy
I like static (as in noise, which is also included in my name, obviously) and birds. I was first going to put Static Passerine, and I regret I didn't.
Moriya Suwako
My nickname?
I loved playing Super Mario at the time I joined in osu!, and I found Yellow Yoshi was cute with no specific reason at that time. :3
For 1996,that's because I was born in 1996.But it's regretful that the nickname"Yellow Yoshi" was already be registered, so I can only use "yellowyoshi1996".
Pettanko
Delicious.Flat.Chest.
Blue Stig
kikones34
My nickname is a phonetic mod of my actual name: Adrià Rico Blanes -> Rico Blanes -> kiko nes -> kikones

34 is just the number that describes my entire life (?
Foxtrot

kikones34 wrote:

My nickname is a phonetic mod of my actual name: Adrià Rico Blanes
Thank you.
XK2238
Last letter on first name + First letter on last name + Favorite number
Done
Uni
Cookie because im a baker
I hope it explains it
Naikaze
I use this nick everywhere
It begins from the game WoW when I make 2 characters, Gatya and Gatyaa.
Then I leveled and geared Gatyaa more and liked it more so I use it everywhere.
mnh48
My user name actually came from my real name (first name only, last name is not included) that is: Muhammad Nur Hidayat
I used this user name in most of game forums, language-learning sites (like lang-8), and used as a user name for Wikipedia too..

For Facebook user name, I added ".aka.Nurul" at the end of my user name, so it becomes MuhdNurHidayat.aka.Nurul which that "aka" stands for "also known as" and "Nurul" is name that some of my friends called me (IDK why they called me Nurul).
(By the way, do you know that Facebook account actually can have user name?? I think you have to verify your account first before you can use a user name in Facebook, I verified my account using mobile phone.. :P)

Alternative user name is Yacchan, used mainly in anime forums and anime websites (except MyAnimeList). Yacchan came from Yorokobi Hidayatsu + chan.
(FYI, the big tsu (つ) when combined with other, e.g. chan (ちゃん), will become cchan (っちゃん)- small tsu (っ) with big chan (ちゃん))

Yorokobi Hidayatsu (Japanese:喜び 飛騨萢/English: Hidayatsu Yorokobi) is my Japanese name, whereas Xi Da Ya (喜达亚) is my Chinese name.
Before this, some (Japanese) would call me Hidayachi (because they usually read 萢 as yachi instead of yatsu) but now they call me Hidayatsu (LOL).
Ah... I really need furigana(s)!!!! :P
Flanster
^ dude ._.
show more