forum

[Archived] osu.<username>.cfg won't configure after i save

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tonochi
Problem Details:
whenever i try to change my display and after i save and close out of it, it is still on my first monitor. i went back into the file and it appears as though it did not save. I tried it again thinking i just did no save but it still did not work.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20141122 (latest)
smoogipoo
You need to close osu! before modifying the file.
Topic Starter
Tonochi
I did that already and it still doesn't work
VeilStar
Make sure the file is set as "read only"? Read something about it acting like this if it's not set to read only.
drum drum
Have you tried marking the file as read-only in properties?
Topic Starter
Tonochi
i can change things and they save but they are not affecting osu is there somthing I have to do after or is it suppost to just change by itself?
and whenever i save the file it makes another cfg file for some reason. is it suppost to do that too?
VeilStar

athenatpiplup wrote:

i can change things and they save but they are not affecting osu is there somthing I have to do after or is it suppost to just change by itself?
and whenever i save the file it makes another cfg file for some reason. is it suppost to do that too?
It's not supposed to create another .cfg file.
Are you sure you're editing the correct .cfg file (if you've ever played offline before there is one for each, normally).
Also make sure you're not saving as "osu.<username>.cfg.cfg" - though that's needless to say.....